** Official ** Season 2010/2011 Pre-Season thread

1-0 Kaiserslauten FT

We desperately need a left back. Darby will not suffice.

Lucas looked a class above today although Kelly and Ayala (despite his mistake) both looked good. Not convinced Ayala'a future doesn't lie back in Spain though.

Spearing has never and will never look like breaking in to the first team and cementing a place.

Amoooooooooooo and Eccleston are both quick as **** but neither seem to know what to do with the ball once they've got it.

Would've been nice to see our star youth/reserve team player but he's ripping up the U19 tournament with Spain. If he's sold the Kop will riot.

We won 6-0 vs Newcastle town a fixture we managed to lose 2-1 last year :D

Tuncay got a quick hatrick today

Out of interest is Tuncay still playing as a striker these days and likely to start most matches? Fantasy football have him down as a midfielder so I fancied a cheeky punt on him if I could be sure of him getting gametime through the middle.

Out of interest is Tuncay still playing as a striker these days and likely to start most matches? Fantasy football have him down as a midfielder so I fancied a cheeky punt on him if I could be sure of him getting gametime through the middle.

Well Our gaffer has some kind of freak fetsih for the Sidebe and no one will dusplace Fuller.

Last year he was used mostly as a sub but when he came on he was used as a striker, Probably our best player but he had a fall out with he manager.

This year he looks sharper and the manager had him as captain for one of the games .Hopefully this means a fresh start.

Don't all your strikers fall out with Pulis? I remember James Beattie was in danger of being sold/frozen out and then Dave Kitson got in a strop for being subbed/dropped or something?

Problem with preseason games is you can't really read anything into the team selections.

Team v Sporting - Cudicini; Hutton, Corluka, Walker, Naughton; Kranjcar, Jenas, Huddlestone, Bale; Taarabt; Keane.

On the bench - Jansson, Button, Kaboul, Pavlyuchenko, Rose, Mason, Townsend, Obika, Smith, Butcher.

Back
Top Bottom