*** Official SONOS Thread ***

Associate
Got a beam gen 2 the other day. Absolutely loving it and works wonders for a small space. But the Sonos app is just horrible, constantly crashing and not connecting to the beam.

Soldato
My Beam Gen 1 is bullet proof. Works so well with the sub. I can't comment on multi-room or anything more advanced tho. It sits under the TV and works with zero thought.

The Bose is great especially with the up firing speakers but it seems to cut out randomly on app switching etc? Not sure if it's the LG C2 or the Bose communicating issue?

Soldato
The Sonos app seems to be behaving itself of late. I had music playing most of the last 2 days and I've had no problems with tracks being skipped, speakers dropping out of the group or the app saying it can't find any speakers.

Hopefully this isn't a one off.

I do still get grumpy at how long it takes to scroll through my music library. Give me an A - Z on the right hand side and let me tap there to get in the ballpark of where I want to be.

Last edited:
Soldato
Can anyone help me get connected to a new router please?

I've got 2 first generation Sonos One speakers that worked perfectly with my old Vodafone router, but they don't work at all with my new Sky router.

I've just spent an hour on text chat with Sonos, and I've managed to get a system set up, with 1 speaker connected via ethernet, and the other connected wirelessly to the first speaker.

When I manage the system and try to change the network to connect to WiFi, it just constantly says no products found, any ideas please?

Soldato

I've got 2 first generation Sonos One speakers that worked perfectly with my old Vodafone router, but they don't work at all with my new Sky router.

I've just spent an hour on text chat with Sonos, and I've managed to get a system set up, with 1 speaker connected via ethernet, and the other connected wirelessly to the first speaker.

When I manage the system and try to change the network to connect to WiFi, it just constantly says no products found, any ideas please?

Easiest way would be to set the Sky router to have the same Wi-Fi network name and password as the Vodafone router. Everything should then connect OK.

Soldato
Easiest way would be to set the Sky router to have the same Wi-Fi network name and password as the Vodafone router. Everything should then connect OK.

Just tried that, but as I've already reset everything whilst on the web chat, that doesn't work either, many thanks for the reply though.

Soldato
They did ask me to ring them after the web chat so I could go through router settings, but there was no way I was waiting the estimated 80 minutes that they said on the call...

Man of Honour

Do you also have Sky Q?

Can you separate the wifi bands to 2.4 only and 5 only and try that?

Man of Honour
I've got Sky Stream, I unplugged the Stream Box and tried turning off 5ghz, still nothing, thank you.
I presume the phone you are using is connected to the same SSID you are trying to connect Sonos to?

Does it have any VPN or filtering software installed/enabled?

Soldato
I presume the phone you are using is connected to the same SSID you are trying to connect Sonos to?

Does it have any VPN or filtering software installed/enabled?

Yes, phone connected to the same network.

I had to disable AdGuard to go onto chat, so it was disabled whilst I was trying to connect the speakers too.

Soldato
The Sonos app seems to be behaving itself of late. I had music playing most of the last 2 days and I've had no problems with tracks being skipped, speakers dropping out of the group or the app saying it can't find any speakers.

Hopefully this isn't a one off.

I do still get grumpy at how long it takes to scroll through my music library. Give me an A - Z on the right hand side and let me tap there to get in the ballpark of where I want to be.
Agree. Does seem to be settling down. Still do some weird and quirky stuff. For example, I have a pair of Ones in the bedroom and put a very long playlist on them last week. Everytime I go in to get ready I just tap the top of one and it starts playing, tap it again to stop. No issues. However when i open SONOS to skip a track or even see what the track is called it shows me the bedroom and just says nothing playing. It really has gone backwards.

Back
Top Bottom