*** Official SONOS Thread ***

Soldato
CapitalOne;30498173 said:
Got a sub this weekend - subtle but wouldn't do without it now! Thanks for the heads up on the prices - just ordered 2 play 1s as a direct consequence...

Soon tempted to get the Sub and a couple of Play 1's today. Hmm.

Soldato
I dont have the playbar sorry - i have a 5, 2 3s a 1 and the sub the kitchen - sounds great even though it's a bit of a hotchpotch. I use the line in on the 5 for kitchen tv (connected to the others).

At first i didn't think the sub was working (it's massive btw) but after tuning the room again, it was ok so watch that.

Soldato
We have the playbar in the living room and the play 1 in the bedroom so far. The fact the gf is completely useless with technology, but even she knows how to use it and completely loves it is a win win for me.

Caporegime
It's stupidly outdated features wise too. I'd happily pay for an updated one but not the old one, it's 4 years old and has nothing but a single digital in and only DD support.

Soldato
Gosh, I feel like I'm getting richer in used goods as the year goes on. First my Macbook increases in value and now my sound system, it's a good thing I'm not in the market for a new version of either :D

Man of Honour
The Playbar definitely isn't worth £699 (or most likely £649)....the lack of DTS is frustrating but the ease of use just about made up for it at around £500.

I was hoping they'd bring out a new one before GBP-related price increases....doh.

Glad I bought 2 more subs a few weeks ago in preparation for a party though! They really do improve all the speakers, even the Play 5s, as I don't think the 5s sound great when they're trying to go low & loud.

I have one room with 2x Play 5, 1 Sub, and 1 REL sub of my own connected to the subwoofer output on a connect:amp (speakers go elsewhere.) That's a fun room :D

Soldato
The Playbar definitely isn't worth £699 (or most likely £649)....the lack of DTS is frustrating but the ease of use just about made up for it at around £500.

I was hoping they'd bring out a new one before GBP-related price increases....doh.

Glad I bought 2 more subs a few weeks ago in preparation for a party though! They really do improve all the speakers, even the Play 5s, as I don't think the 5s sound great when they're trying to go low & loud.

I have one room with 2x Play 5, 1 Sub, and 1 REL sub of my own connected to the subwoofer output on a connect:amp (speakers go elsewhere.) That's a fun room :D

Have you got one sub paired with the Soundbar? If so, how would you rate it? I got the sound bar for about £430 so I'm holding back on spending even more than that on the sub.

Man of Honour
Have you got one sub paired with the Soundbar? If so, how would you rate it? I got the sound bar for about £430 so I'm holding back on spending even more than that on the sub.
I've got a playbar with sub and 2 play 1 rears, and the sub definitely makes it better. It's a good sub and worth the cost. If I had 2x play 1 in a room for example, I'd get a sub rather than replace with play 5s.

Films have impact and Pendulum is rubbish when I toggle off the sub in the app. I actually have its volume turned down 20% too!

Soldato
I've got a playbar with sub and 2 play 1 rears, and the sub definitely makes it better. It's a good sub and worth the cost. If I had 2x play 1 in a room for example, I'd get a sub rather than replace with play 5s.

Films have impact and Pendulum is rubbish when I toggle off the sub in the app. I actually have its volume turned down 20% too!

Thanks. I've currently got a Sub and another 5 in my basket (to replace the 1 in the kitchen). Decisions, decisions.

That would bring the total up to 2 Play 5's, 1 Playbar, 1 Sub and 4 Play 1's - which pretty much has most of the house covered.

Man of Honour
So there's no crossover when adding the sub then?
As I understand it when you add a sub, the Sonos system automatically reroutes lower frequencies to the sub, so that stops the other speakers in the group having to work so hard.

Thanks. I've currently got a Sub and another 5 in my basket (to replace the 1 in the kitchen). Decisions, decisions.

That would bring the total up to 2 Play 5's, 1 Playbar, 1 Sub and 4 Play 1's - which pretty much has most of the house covered.
Excellent :D

Associate
Ahhh! Had the Playbar for 2 years this December so added 2 Play 1's. I was planning to get the Sub next December, but now contemplating to buy it before they put up the prices!!

Man of Honour
As I understand it when you add a sub, the Sonos system automatically reroutes lower frequencies to the sub, so that stops the other speakers in the group having to work so hard.

That's what I thought, so simply turning off the sub isn't a fair comparison to test for bass before and after.

Man of Honour
That's what I thought, so simply turning off the sub isn't a fair comparison to test for bass before and after.
Presumably when the sub is disabled in the app it also undoes the crossover change. I can hear SOME bass come out the playbar when I do that. Just not the room-shaking wall of deep bass that the sub provides :)

Back
Top Bottom