******Official Star Citizen / Squadron 42 Thread******

Soldato
Pushed back 2 weeks, again...

I think at this point its obvious Gamescom is going to be an "Alpha 3.0 reveal" again...

Gamescom 2016 "Alpha 3.0 reveal"
Citcom 2016 "Alpha 3.0 reveal"
Gamescom 2017 "Alpha 3.0 reveal"

There's gon'a be riots.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/schedule-report

Yeah been expecting this as we get later and later :(

I think the best case scenario now is if they launch it at gamescom. Similar to how they announced and released the hangar module (iirc) they showed it all off and then said and you can get into this today etc but memory May have failed me there

Caporegime
lol........... licence to drive the Cyclone https://robertsspaceindustries.com/dtn/class-g/test

jhgf.png

Soldato
OP
I doubt they'll let everyone in at the same time, likely Evocati first still.

anyway the release window had snuck into my holidays so I wouldn't have been on much anyway..

Caporegime
Nice little update there :) though something seems off with the glass but can't put my finger on it? Seems maybe like it's lighting based.

Its the specular layer, a texture pattern that dictates how light reflects off the glass, it can be used to mimic imperfections in the glass, and such.... you're right, its all wrong, the pattern and the light intensity is metallic in appearance, i'll need to spend some time making a whole bunch of glass specular textures.

Anyway, thanks :)

Caporegime
And this post from Will is exactly what I have been saying about the schedule. About how it is what they use internally to create their targets no bullsh*t. It is a good read in my opinion and does help to review what has been going on with development over the years.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/...m/3/thread/production-schedule-and-3-0/360273

It’s also important to consider that what 3.0 meant a year ago is a shadow of what 3.0 means today. Back then, Planetary Tech would have offered a fraction of the freedom that it does in 3.0, and most of the numerous infrastructure updates going into it now did not exist. [WL: Edited previous sentence for clarity] Roughly speaking, the approach was that we’d be able to deliver four roughly built, predetermined, pre-scripted, landing zones. The reality is that those would have been rather limited, and ultimately, somewhat of a variation of what Area 18 ArcCorp is today in terms of features and functionality.

Today, 3.0 is about delivering an entirely explorable solar system with the backend services to make it dynamic. It’s about giving us the city and planet building tools to create for you the rest of the universe in an intelligent, scalable, efficient, and compelling manner. It’s about the first step in giving you the tools to create player outposts and communities. It’s about the streaming tech to allow you to take off from one moon, fly across the system, and land on an entirely different moon, the driving a freaking sweet buggy out of the back of your ship to race around the entire planet... all without a loading screen. It’s about giving you the ability to buy what’s on the web inside kiosks. It’s about usable turret gameplay, and Items 2.0 so you can customize your own ship with new components. It’s about picking objects and cargo so you can haul commodities across space as a trader and merchant. It’s about gutting a singleplayer engine to support thousands of players. It’s about infrastructure that we needed to develop because there are no off-the-shelf solutions for building an immersive experience like no other.

Wow, okay :)

Caporegime
Work in progress:

I toned down the tint a bit, used a grunge map to add a dirt effect on the surface of the glass and use an environment probe as a reflectance, i don't like using environment probes for that as they project a low res static image onto the glass to give the reflectance appearance, if you get too close you can see how low res it is and because its static you get objects reflecting that are no where near where they actually are, like a far wall can reflect like its 8 inches away.

Cryengine 5.4 soon'tm will have dynamic probes, this will do till then.

Glass1.jpg

Glass2.jpg

Glass3.jpg

Glass4.jpg

Soldato
Yep it has. Another week here or there as things crop up isn't a surprise. It is getting to the point that there really isn't many features left to complete though.

With that they have only allowed two weeks of Evocati and two weeks in PTU though which I also think will be longer. I think we are looking at end of September in honesty.

Soldato
Yep it has. Another week here or there as things crop up isn't a surprise. It is getting to the point that there really isn't many features left to complete though.

With that they have only allowed two weeks of Evocati and two weeks in PTU though which I also think will be longer. I think we are looking at end of September in honesty.

Yeah I understand, it's just the way it is - If it's solid(ish) by the end of September, that would be good - Then they just need to fill it with content and make it feel like an actual livable universe.

Soldato
Yeah I think we will be surprised at the difference to what we have seen now to what 3.0 will provide. There will be little quality of life parts whilst playing that will make it feel actually new and modern compared to now.

Associate
I bought one of the original bundle as soon as this came "Available" as such

Downloaded it no less than 5 times during that time to "retry" and each time come away angry and frustrated at the lack of a "game" to play with friends.

just bored of it now :(

Back
Top Bottom