******Official Star Citizen / Squadron 42 Thread******

Soldato
I think you need to go back and read my posts, you've got confused somewhere around this straw man you've constructed. Let it go man :)

Nice try, You quite clearly stated all games are built by gamers, you then proceeded to state yourself are a dev and all your dev friends are gamers ect, ect.
There's no other way to interpret them statements but to mean "all devs" .

:)

Soldato
Nice try, You quite clearly stated all games are built by gamers, you then proceeded to state yourself are a dev and all your dev friends are gamers ect, ect.

Grasping at straws dude, sometimes you just have to accept that you got corrected on the internet by someone that actually knows what they're talking about.

Soldato
All my experience of game dev and my friends experience etc is that while I might come home and have absolutely no drive to play proper games or games to the amount most people seem to;
I'll still bash through some payday 2 or something with people online, 70% game devs or former game devs

Soldato

Why are you still flogging this dead horse? It's pretty obvious to everyone (except apparently you) that he meant the vast majority, and yet you seem to be going off on a massive tangent about semantics. As already mentioned, the games dev industry is notorious for long hours and not great (relatively) pay, unless you have a passion for games, there are far better industries to work in (and also as already mentioned, you're unlikely to get the job anyway as they'll be wanting to recruit someone with that passion)

Soldato
I finally got in the game it ran between 1-5 fps with occasional spikes up to 30 fps for a few seconds! Unless you have a banging PC I would skip 3.0 and just wait for 3.1.
Yeah, finaly got it going, only to find similar. It was 30-ish, barely playable but certainly not good. Just about managed to land on a planet and gave up after that.

Soldato
Nope.
36GB or thereabouts, so I have to leave it overnight and most of the workday just to try the various solutions each and every time.
sigh, so this is another thing promised thing that's failed to be delivered? they've been whittering on for ages about streamlining, or making the d/l just pull the amended patch info etc, looks like nowt's changed. last time i tried it took 32hrs and then i had to download similar for the PU bit [iirc, was a year or more back].

Soldato
Grasping at straws dude, sometimes you just have to accept that you got corrected on the internet by someone that actually knows what they're talking about.

There's no grasping, You keep banging the drum you know the trade and that you have experience I have not once said otherwise. I am merely pointing out the assumption of all games are developed by only gamers.

Why are you still flogging this dead horse? It's pretty obvious to everyone (except apparently you) that he meant the vast majority, and yet you seem to be going off on a massive tangent about semantics. As already mentioned, the games dev industry is notorious for long hours and not great (relatively) pay, unless you have a passion for games, there are far better industries to work in (and also as already mentioned, you're unlikely to get the job anyway as they'll be wanting to recruit someone with that passion)

Again, just the statement of the apparent assumption of all must be gamers which he then preceded to try and strengthen the point by giving his experience. That's all I was getting at with my initial post.

Soldato
sigh, so this is another thing promised thing that's failed to be delivered? they've been whittering on for ages about streamlining, or making the d/l just pull the amended patch info etc, looks like nowt's changed. last time i tried it took 32hrs and then i had to download similar for the PU bit [iirc, was a year or more back].

Huh? You have to download the game completely to get the delta patcher, anything going forward though will be downloads relative to the size the replaces the files as needed. That was always going to be the case since it was a clean dev build and scrapped the whole previous build.

Edit:

So for instance whilst in Evocati/PTU they downloaded the first build with the delta patcher but then each patch every other day was a tiny update of a few hundred MB's rather than the full 36GB. Exactly as it should be.

Associate
Can argue over whether 99.9% or 100% of game devs are gamers if you like (all the artists, network devs, animators...even directors I've met are game nerds btw) :) but it kinda misses the point, which was a response to :

Desks were full of game figurines? Game wallpapers? Game posters on the wall? Printed out memes all over the walls? Derpy nerd arguments at the water cooler? Overall impression that the people there are 'proper gamers'?

That's what game studios are like!
There's no grasping, You keep banging the drum you know the trade and that you have experience I have not once said otherwise. I am merely pointing out the assumption of all games are developed by only gamers.

Again, just the statement of the apparent assumption of all must be gamers which he then preceded to try and strengthen the point by giving his experience. That's all I was getting at with my initial post.

How's about you start a devs hobbies thread and argue about it there!

Soldato
Huh? You have to download the game completely to get the delta patcher, anything going forward though will be downloads relative to the size the replaces the files as needed. That was always going to be the case since it was a clean dev build and scrapped the whole previous build.

Edit:

So for instance whilst in Evocati/PTU they downloaded the first build with the delta patcher but then each patch every other day was a tiny update of a few hundred MB's rather than the full 36GB. Exactly as it should be.
i have d/d'd it. he's saying he has to d/l it every time, like i used to.

Back
Top Bottom