******Official Star Citizen / Squadron 42 Thread******

Soldato
Yes, but it's not like the thief gets to keep it.

Is that not what the insurance is for? I see I have 2 months of that.

I have not installed it for donkeys and then it was just to have a quick bash at 'swarm'. Not bothered since as was a right pain trying to set up my HOTAS. Is it PnP now or still have to use a 3rd party tool to assist with config.

Soldato
Yes, if you unlock your ship... its locked by default but you can unlock it in the cockpit.

Eventually, with full persistence if you steal a ship, you own it. So don't leave it unlocked.
You can shoot doors open with a rifle and I'm not sure if the cutting tool works yet.

@hyperseven
Not sure. Insurance doesn't come into effect until full release anyway AFAIK.

Soldato
That person is wealthy and i'm not, its not fair!!!!!!

We have this strange jealousy disease where we can't just appreciate nice things for what they are if they belong to someone else, Oh nice Porsche mate.... i bet that costs a lot to insure, what does it do.....About 15 miles to the gallon? How much does it cost to fill it up?????

@varkanoid someone somewhere is looking at your RTX 2080 thinking... nice card, YOU *******!!!!!!!

I am very lucky and thankful for my financial position, took me a while to get here but personally, I wouldn't bat an eye at spending that money. Infact, I intend too throw it away on July 4th in Vegas (covid permitting...) with my wife. It's not jealousy from people in this thread, it's the recognition that people are blind to what clearly is a scam and annoyance at those unable to see it.

Soldato
Its a very elaborate scam mate, and about 600 people are in on it.... scamming hard creating content every day to scam you out of your hard-earned cash.

The people actually creating the content and working hard to do so don't have to be in on anything. I doubt anyone is suggesting the people employed by CIG to develop the game are scamming anyone.

Caporegime
The people actually creating the content and working hard to do so don't have to be in on anything. I doubt anyone is suggesting the people employed by CIG to develop the game are scamming anyone.

Right, they are all just unwittingly enabling CR's scam....... there are plenty of problems in the development of this game, but have you ever stopped to think about what you people saying before going on your conspiracy rants?

Soldato
Right, they are all just unwittingly enabling CR's scam....... there are plenty of problems in the development of this game, but have you ever stopped to think about what you people saying before going on your conspiracy rants?

How is that somehow implausible?

Who is ranting? I calmly made a couple of points, in response to you throwing the toys out the pram about 600 devs working hard making content. Your argument that it can't be a scam because the devs are churning out content is clearly nonsense.

What develpment problems are being fixed by selling ships costing $3000, after 8 years and $250M already being spent?

Last edited:
Caporegime
How is that somehow implausible?

Who is ranting? I calmly made a couple of points, in response to you throwing the toys out the pram about 600 devs working hard making content. Your argument that it can't be a scam because the devs are churning out content is clearly nonsense.

What develpment problems are being fixed by selling ships costing $3000, after 8 years and $250M already being spent?

How does that make it a scam?

Soldato

Because the game is no closer to being finished than is was years ago. Enough said...

I've said it before, and I'll openly say it again, I genuinely hope I eat my own hat on this as the idea is simply amazing. But, like many others, we lost faith years ago and it's painful seeing people pour money into this only to fund their greed at this point.

Soldato
I am very lucky and thankful for my financial position, took me a while to get here but personally, I wouldn't bat an eye at spending that money. Infact, I intend too throw it away on July 4th in Vegas (covid permitting...) with my wife. It's not jealousy from people in this thread, it's the recognition that people are blind to what clearly is a scam and annoyance at those unable to see it.
Your boring.

move on....

Soldato

So you can't answer my questions then?

Furthermore, there's no need for them to actually release anything, because they can simply milk the player base ad infinitum, they've taken the the whole games as a service model to another level, it's now simply an ongoing business selling luxury items to whales, there's no actual need for a game. I bet Roberts can't believe his luck after 8 years endless broken promises and a litany of anti-consumer practices, there's still people happy to give him 3K for pixels, in his wildest dreams of developing a game he could not have imagined this. SQ42 is six years late on its own.

CIG have preyed on people's gullibility and sunk cost fallacy, let's say the game would cost $60, they have recieved maybe as much as 50K off some people and from thousands of people hundreds or dollars and from thousands of people thousands of dollars - sure no-one forced anyone to spend that money, but it's definitely preying on human weakness for profit. On top of that you have people who funded the project in good faith who have put very little into the project, maybe they just put in the box price of the game they've just been cast aside in favour of milking whales over and over again because there's more money in it.

Irrespective of whether someome can afford to spend hundreds or thousands of dollars on ships in an unreleased game, how can they possibly be worth those sums of money? they can't. People have lost their minds, and CIG have expoilted that.

Soldato
So you can't answer my questions then?

Furthermore, there's no need for them to actually release anything, because they can simply milk the player base ad infinitum, they've taken the the whole games as a service model to another level, it's now simply an ongoing business selling luxury items to whales, there's no actual need for a game. I bet Roberts can't believe his luck after 8 years endless broken promises and a litany of anti-consumer practices, there's still people happy to give him 3K for pixels, in his wildest dreams of developing a game he could not have imagined this. SQ42 is six years late on its own.

CIG have preyed on people's gullibility and sunk cost fallacy, let's say the game would cost $60, they have recieved maybe as much as 50K off some people and from thousands of people hundreds or dollars and from thousands of people thousands of dollars - sure no-one forced anyone to spend that money, but it's definitely preying on human weakness for profit. On top of that you have people who funded the project in good faith who have put very little into the project, maybe they just put in the box price of the game they've just been cast aside in favour of milking whales over and over again because there's more money in it.

Irrespective of whether someome can afford to spend hundreds or thousands of dollars on ships in an unreleased game, how can they possibly be worth those sums of money? they can't. People have lost their minds, and CIG have expoilted that.
The game is still being developed. new tech and features are being worked on and released.

It is the most ambitous game ever made.

Think about it, Red Dead 2 took 7-8 years to make and thats a tiny 1 pixel of a game compared to this.

Soldato
The game is still being developed. new tech and features are being worked on and released.

It is the most ambitous game ever made.

Think about it, Red Dead 2 took 7-8 years to make and thats a tiny 1 pixel of a game compared to this.

They add features to extend dev, while removing others entirely from the roadmaps.

What's so ambitious about it? because it's in space?

RDR2 is a fully released masterpeice, so they're not even comparable.

Soldato
They add features to extend dev, while removing others entirely from the roadmaps.

What's so ambitious about it? because it's in space?

RDR2 is a fully released masterpeice, so they're not even comparable.
the features they added where what we demanded.

What features did they remove?

I had asked this before and someone said, SLI.. yet SLI had never been in the game LOL.

RD2 is a tiny game compared to this.

RD2 had 600 developers from day 1 working on it.

SC had like 3 people at the beginning and it wasnt until about 3 years ago or 4 where they expanded significantly.

So half the time they had a tiny team working on such an ambitous game.

Toss in the fact that halfway through making the game, they had to switch engines

Soldato
Of course they keep adding features, there's thousands of people with ideas, therefore allowing them to keep pushing back the release date, it's self-perpetuating and useful to CIG.

Look at the roadmaps from the past. Throw in some new ships to buy, some new shinies and some fluff and keep the masses happy.

How is it a tiny game compared to SC? SC isn't even a game.

Again what's so ambitious about it? It's space but there's nothing in it. It's empty.

They added a new engine, and that new engine and servers can't handle the "game" as it is now, as a shallow barebones buggy mess, so any "ambition" left to fulfil isn't going to come to fruition.

8 years in and $250M spent and they still haven't got a game, but they do have an ongoing games as a service business, which provides a living for probably close to a 800 people if not more overall, that's what backers are funding, an enterprise that is no different from any other, except with other business you do actually get a finished product for your money and you just pay once for it.

When are you expecting SQ42 and SC to release exactly? SQ42 is six years late, with 600 devs working for CIG, and they prioritised dev of SQ42 for years...

Soldato
Of course they keep adding features, there's thousands of people with ideas, therefore allowing them to keep pushing back the release date, it's self-perpetuating and useful to CIG.

No. it gives us what the majority of us want, a space sim with no corner cuts. ITs not just the ships and how they fly, its the shis interiors. how it handles combat, landing, physics in space(or shall i say lack of), physics in diferent atmosphere in planets.

Then lets talk about your character physics, way your character moves in low gravity, in specific planets, amount of oxygen. temperature of character, food, water etc etc.

Planets: atmosphere, air dense, gravity, weather?, altitude, temperature, Day and night cycle, cities? caves. mountaints, wind, etc etc.

Now thats just a tiny sample of stuff SC is considering/ already is in game and RD2 doesnt have even a fraction of that

Look at the roadmaps from the past. Throw in some new ships to buy, some new shinies and some fluff and keep the masses happy.

Have you actually looked at the roadmap? Nope u have not. If you have, You would see them releasing new features, be it a major feature like object container stream, to being able to drag a dead body(coming in the next update) they are always adding, not removing stuff. Things get pushed back all the time. i work in the world of software engineer and things get pushed back. You assume its **** easy to develop stuff in code. There is a reason why us developers get paid what we do because its not simple!

How is it a tiny game compared to SC? SC isn't even a game.

READ MY FIRST REPLY STATING MANY STUFF THIS CAME HAS VS RD2

Again what's so ambitious about it? It's space but there's nothing in it. It's empty.

AGAIN, you clearly have not played this AT ALL. there is a lot to do in this game already. There are TONS AND TONS of missions you can do and different types, from doing simple deliveries to infantrating a bunker on foot, fps style to unting down actual player bounties and dog fighting them and even smuggig drugs and selling them off without being spotted and chased by the po po.

I diddnt even mention all the other trading stuff you can do, weapons, armour, tools and even miming at all....

They added a new engine, and that new engine and servers can't handle the "game" as it is now, as a shallow barebones buggy mess, so any "ambition" left to fulfil isn't going to come to fruition.

Umm the new engine is basically a blank piece of paper, they put what was done before into that piece of paper, now its time to connect it all up together(server meshing) and watch this game truelly take off(no pun).

I can go hours playing ths without a crash, IT is far far stable and less buggy then the 4 year old game i played when i first backed this game.

YEA i been trying this out since 2015 and the game was definetly barebones back then, i never droped a single penny after buying the game until i saw enough content and enough progress to justify it and now i do and CIG cannot turn back and ditch this project anymore as there too far deep into it now

8 years in and $250M spent and they still haven't got a game, but they do have an ongoing games as a service business, which provides a living for probably close to a 800 people if not more overall, that's what backers are funding, an enterprise that is no different from any other, except with other business you do actually get a finished product for your money and you just pay once for it.

When are you expecting SQ42 and SC to release exactly? SQ42 is six years late, with 600 devs working for CIG, and they prioritised dev of SQ42 for years...[

SQ42 had to be ported into the new engine too and various tech you see in SC, had to be done on SC first and then onto SQ42,

SQ42 will be ready before SC

This will be final say i have on you as i have counter argued all your posts in bold.

Back
Top Bottom