******Official Star Citizen / Squadron 42 Thread******

Soldato
Sorry chaps, managed to install and jump on late last night. Jumped onto a server, one of the brighter alien looking starter areas can't remember exact name.

Had to immediately tweak settings as i was sitting around 20fps lol. Dropping resolution from UW to 1920x1080p helped a lot and managed a decent 45fps on medium settings.

Took me forever to figure out how to bring up the context menu to open the damn door again :cry:.

Soldato
^^ Seen that video (or similar) before. Looks great if you ignore the odd ship angles due to flying without atmo / flying with not fully implemented aerodynamics. Can't wait for the game to include aerodynamic surfaces on some ships - particularly the fighters. Going to be incredible flying around like that :D

Caporegime
^^ Seen that video (or similar) before. Looks great if you ignore the odd ship angles due to flying without atmo / flying with not fully implemented aerodynamics. Can't wait for the game to include aerodynamic surfaces on some ships - particularly the fighters. Going to be incredible flying around like that :D

Most of it was done on Daymar which has a very thin atmosphere, like Mars, tho i don't know how ships actually behave when flying that fast that low to the ground where the atmosphere is at its thickest, never done it, i can't, certainly not without HOTAS or Dual Stick .

Hurston does have a proper atmosphere and some of that is in there.

They are flying at about 250m/s, that's about 550 Mph, the cursing speed of a 747.

Soldato
Got my Tobii Eye Tracker 5, sweden to NZ in 5 days :)

Can't try it out though as the missus is using the office and PC for her architectural course so needs the GPU for rendering :( Wish that SC was on my Series X... its more powerful than my PC!

Soldato
HI, i use the TObii Eye TRacker 5. i got it december last year and really like it!

The only thing i dont like is the monitor flexi mount.

The tobii falls off it quite easily so now i have a bunch of boxes that support the flexi mount and tobii attached :(

So got the Eye Tracker 5 working, painless and pretty awesome. Will need to configure it properly but it will take a little bit of time to get used to... What are your settings and do you find it hard to get the panels to remain stable when you look forward (i.e. zoom) at them?

Soldato
So got the Eye Tracker 5 working, painless and pretty awesome. Will need to configure it properly but it will take a little bit of time to get used to... What are your settings and do you find it hard to get the panels to remain stable when you look forward (i.e. zoom) at them?
I think i have the x y and z dead zone set to 1.00, its 3.00 by default i think.

Experiment and see how it reacts to you.

What do you mean the panels? The mount of the eye tracker?

Soldato
Thanks for the settings, I'll try them... by panels I might the MFDs in the ships. I've only tried the cutlass and using the eye/head track to get to the panels means they can be quite jumpy and its a wee bit of a struggle to maintain the view.. it might be that I'm still getting used to the whole thing and my eyes are darting around too much.

Soldato
Forgive Jonney, he's new here :p
:cry:
Really looking forward to 3.15. The Inventory/Healing changes are going to be rough as we adjust to them, but great long term. It's going to shake up gameplay a lot!

CIG have also confirmed that there will be a database reset for 3.15. So everyone will lose all their progression and reset back in line to how they backed the game. Dropping down to just an Aurora and 5k aUEC is going to suck, but there's talk that they may give out some bonus credits for those that participated heavily in Xenothreat, so that might allow me to get a better ship quicker. Otherwise I may end up upgrading my package to a better starter ship as I've considered a few times previously.

Back
Top Bottom