******Official Star Citizen / Squadron 42 Thread******

Soldato
400i looks very pretty, I look forward to exploring one. But it doesn't sound like it's a very strong ship. Week pilot guns, both turrets on the rear, somewhat limited cargo capacity. I'm just not sure what it's selling point is beyond it looking nice. I appreciate that will be enough for some, but I'm not convinced.
Yeah this is something I will look at. I can still revert back to older ships if needed... I'm just wanting something nice to waft around in, do some basic missions, carry some cargo and go exploring. I'm going to see if I can get my boy in to this so this sort of ship could be suited to the two of us.

I've still got my 325a and cutlass blue for other aspects, although the cutlass blue got nerfed in 3.14 so will be interesting to see if they've fixed some of the movement issues... I'm really waiting for AI NPC/blades as that should make the turrets more friendly for solo players.

Associate
So your all really pleased with C Con then ?

Even CR cant be bothered to talk about his own game anymore.

Took us all for suckers.

Soldato
Looks like GameGlass is now an official partner of CIG and on the 30th they're releasing new shards for GameGlass that will allow you to use your smart device to control specific functions and hotkeys without needing the remember the actual key. I've had these for a few years now and they where quite limited as CIG hadn't integrated any API for them to connect in to so they simply remapped the controls to their buttons... I'm interested to know what has changed in the background as the new screens I've seen have a lot more support for actions; I know that this was a stretch goal of CIG early on but it will be pretty cool if its going to work better as a cheapo tablet will give a lot more control over aspects that would be harder to find including the power delivery triangle.

Soldato
Just read on the new patch watch dev message that they have 'Server Crash Recovery' coming in to the PTU for testing, it essentially is a heartbeat between your ship and the server so it remembers what you had on the ship at that time should you suffer a server crash (30K etc.)... this should be so much better and solve a few issues that I've faced when hauling large cargo amounts around.

Soldato
Just read on the new patch watch dev message that they have 'Server Crash Recovery' coming in to the PTU for testing, it essentially is a heartbeat between your ship and the server so it remembers what you had on the ship at that time should you suffer a server crash (30K etc.)... this should be so much better and solve a few issues that I've faced when hauling large cargo amounts around.
Full text below:

Server Crash Recovery
(We heard you liked trading fixes)

Having lost a hull full of cargo ourselves due to a pesky error 30k, we know all too well how frustrating encountering a server crash can be. For that reason, we're very happy to announce the addition of Server Crash Recovery!

So, how does it work? We're adding functionality that creates a "heartbeat" (regular logging with persistence) for you and your ship. So, in the case of a server crash, the backend will recognize that an unexpected timeout has happened, allowing you to visit any ASOP terminal and spawn your ship, intact and exactly as it was pre-crash. This means your cargo, ship status (health/fuel), and any items you had lying around your ship will return in the exact state that it was.

Now, it's important to note this is merely a simple interim fix. Long term, this will all be handled by the entity graph and server meshing work, where we'll track shard history which will allow us to properly retain information and restore you directly to the moment you left off (mid-quantum flight, etc.). Nonetheless, while this is a temporary solution, it should be effective and reliable.

It's also important to note that this new addition is specifically for server crashes. Client crashes would still be handled in the same way they are now, with current crash recovery functionality.

This is currently in review and will hit the PTU very soon!

@Uncle Petey !!!!! BIG NEWS!!!

Also: some Server meshing news

Server Meshing and its benefits
- Will support multiple systems
- Supports global/environmental persistence
- Better server performance
- Increased scalability of instances, which will become shards
- Higher player counts in those shards

- Better fault tolerance and recovery Shards and how they will work

- We aim to increase shard density over time, with regional shards being a more realistic target. A global shard has some serious issues (including real-world limitations) to overcome before we can even start working on it

. - Even with different shards, the goal is to make a seamless experience for players. Different shards will have different states, but eventually you and your friend will be tied to a shard permanently.

- For regional shards, you will be able to select the region, so you won't be 'trapped' in a single region. However, the shard histories will be different.

- We won't start with regional shards; in the beginning it will be non-deterministic which shard you end up in (although it would still allow grouping with players together).

Soldato
I'm not disappointed by regional shards, after all my ping from NZ to UK is ~290ms at best, some serious breaking of physics or new tech required to reduce that to a more reasonable 50ms that would work... for me Asia Pacific would give a huge population to play with, far more than I would ever need to meet... the system, if they get it right, should be scalable so that if the tech required comes on stream then they can implement larger shards without too much effort.

Soldato
I usually check in with the game once a year or so to check how the performance is going, got the game free with an AMD GPU, Just fly around a little and then logoff, Waiting for a good time to buy a proper package, Went to go in today after a 2 year hiatus and apparently someone hacked my account and sold my ship, Customer service were very helpful and quick, Restored all my stuff, Think I'm going to pledge some money next month and get the Constellation Andromeda as it looks immense and reminds me of the ship from Prometheus :D Although I'd love to get thay yacht looking ship the 890 jump, Gorgeous !

CwP9cUt.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom