******Official Star Citizen / Squadron 42 Thread******

Soldato
Excellent news. Couldn’t care less for SC. I do not have the kind of time that game would require to enjoy it so I would just stay away for my own sake anyway.
Thats how it shoudl have been TBH

They should have worked on SQ42 mainly and trickle down polished gameplay features from SQ42 into PU whilst in the PU, they should have worked on the core tech first!

Soldato
I wonder if they've decided that SQ42 is important for their reputation and also a potential addition avenue for revenue (i.e. new players) once its done and that by shifting the focus on to SQ42 (signaled mid last year I thought) would lead to further PU sign ups.

Soldato
I wonder if they've decided that SQ42 is important for their reputation and also a potential addition avenue for revenue (i.e. new players) once its done and that by shifting the focus on to SQ42 (signaled mid last year I thought) would lead to further PU sign ups.

It looks like they're worried the gravy train is coming to an end.

Soldato
I think that is going to be the case. CIG are getting heavily mocked for not releasing a single player game right now. There are far fewer underlying complexities here versus an MMO, yet it's been delayed for years. The PU can kinda get away with being in a part released state for an extended period, it's acceptable for an MMO to evolve over time.

I think CIG have mishandled the roadmap change. The suggestion that the playerbase complaining about features slipping back affecting staff is pathetic, all that's going to change is the playerbase complaining about the lack of new content being added. They should instead be addressing why things keep slipping back and communicate this better.

Soldato
While I'm happy that they are going all hands on deck for SQ42 as that's what I backed for, their continued revenue stream over the years has been from PU players. This is rather large gamble as if they annoy their PU whales then that revenue stream is going to drop quite quickly I imagine.
What a joke though, them blaming the community for their terribly designed 'roadmap'

Soldato
While I'm happy that they are going all hands on deck for SQ42 as that's what I backed for, their continued revenue stream over the years has been from PU players. This is rather large gamble as if they annoy their PU whales then that revenue stream is going to drop quite quickly I imagine.
What a joke though, them blaming the community for their terribly designed 'roadmap'
Its both the backers fault an cig.

CIG fault for not making there stuff easy to find and follow and backers fault for slating and abusing CIG whenever they remove a task from the release view and never understanding that everything from the release view is not set in stone.

Soldato
It's not the backers fault CIG has had 10 years and half a billion to produce a game and still can't do so. Any whining about on their part about roadmaps being just aspirational (lol!) is null and void at this point.

Soldato

Shifting focus = shifting sands in CIG's case, they have done this before - questions asked about SQ42? oh we've prioritised the PU, and vice versa, although maybe now they realise after 6 years of trying to bring server meshing to the PU, that it is not going to work and they're not going to have a large scale MMO at all.

10 years on, in a supposed MMO PU game they STILL can't get more than 50 players on a server at once- that's an absolute joke!

Soldato
Shifting focus = shifting sands in CIG's case, they have done this before - questions asked about SQ42? oh we've prioritised the PU, and vice versa, although maybe now they realise after 6 years of trying to bring server meshing to the PU, that it is not going to work and they're not going to have a large scale MMO at all.

10 years on, in a supposed MMO PU game they STILL can't get more than 50 players on a server at once- that's an absolute joke!

I agree, I've written off the £30 I paid for it now. If I ever get to play anything of SQ42 it will be a bonus at this point lol

Soldato
Its both the backers fault an cig.

CIG fault for not making there stuff easy to find and follow and backers fault for slating and abusing CIG whenever they remove a task from the release view and never understanding that everything from the release view is not set in stone.

Still quaffing the Kool-aid or just ******* deluded?

Soldato
@humbug just to say I was 100% a backer for SQ42. I still want that first and still want that over the PU myself. Another 2 year aay easty though for SQ42 so get ready to have the low hanging fruit for that time at least. Although note that they do have a whole new Network team on top of current as advertised on their jobs and ramping up Manchester accordingly with almost no artists but 60+ people in other areas.

Add to that that Pyro does seem to be coming along and the backend has been shown to be moving towards the SM side of things so that is something I feel that the static version will be here end of year along with Pyro come Q1 2023.

Soldato
@humbug just to say I was 100% a backer for SQ42. I still want that first and still want that over the PU myself. Another 2 year aay easty though for SQ42 so get ready to have the low hanging fruit for that time at least. Although note that they do have a whole new Network team on top of current as advertised on their jobs and ramping up Manchester accordingly with almost no artists but 60+ people in other areas.

Add to that that Pyro does seem to be coming along and the backend has been shown to be moving towards the SM side of things so that is something I feel that the static version will be here end of year along with Pyro come Q1 2023.
CIG has said that pyro will come with SM.

Also, parts of Server meshing is coming in the next few patches.

Look at this diagram.

This is the whole SM architecture. Notice how its more than just meshing servers together(THe server node part on the diagram)

8dxuj9k9q2t71.png

Video:

Soldato
CIG has said that pyro will come with SM.

Also, parts of Server meshing is coming in the next few patches.

Look at this diagram.

This is the whole SM architecture. Notice how its more than just meshing servers together(THe server node part on the diagram)

SNIP

Oh yeah 100% know the info. I believe the first version of static meshing will be purely for the Stanton system so they can spend a quarter ironing out enough of the bugs and issues and I don't believe we will see that until Q4 patch for static server meshing. I feel that then Pyro will follow on the following quarter. for Q1 2023.

Soldato
Oh yeah 100% know the info. I believe the first version of static meshing will be purely for the Stanton system so they can spend a quarter ironing out enough of the bugs and issues and I don't believe we will see that until Q4 patch for static server meshing. I feel that then Pyro will follow on the following quarter. for Q1 2023.
That would be the ideal approach. I also dont think they will make a song and dance of SM being released for stanton, they wil secretely add it/switch it on in Q3/Q4 and then Q1-Q2 release pyro and say hey guys we done SM!!!

I also feel Nyx will release with pyro or the next patch

Back
Top Bottom