******Official Star Citizen / Squadron 42 Thread******

Soldato
As far as I was aware they said it wont be enabled until all of it is complete
There are parts that are already running through Gen12, the actual issue at moment is the render pipeline needs to run through both the legacy and the new pipeline on the main thread at moment making performance worse than would be once they get it all moved over to Gen12.

It was Vulkan that is not going to be enabled till everything is transferred across which was suggesting to be about 6month after Gen12. To note the dates taken from a post about full Gen12 being finished was suggesting end of this year latest but has been updated with no dates shown now.

Soldato
There are parts that are already running through Gen12, the actual issue at moment is the render pipeline needs to run through both the legacy and the new pipeline on the main thread at moment making performance worse than would be once they get it all moved over to Gen12.

It was Vulkan that is not going to be enabled till everything is transferred across which was suggesting to be about 6month after Gen12. To note the dates taken from a post about full Gen12 being finished was suggesting end of this year latest but has been updated with no dates shown now.

So I've read, looked on spectrum about it earlier , When you getting on discord????

Soldato
Caporegime

Don't you mean half a CPU?

AMD: Bulldozer or later

Clearly they added this because its the fist AMD CPU with AVX, which as they say is now required, but i wouldn't call it a Star Citizen capable CPU, or Sandy Bridge for that matter tho it does stand a better chance.

Caporegime
They have done a good job with the Gen 12 stuff so far, performance is pretty good now, frame rates are up, a lot in some places, i'm entirely bottlenecked by the GPU now.

I had never seen 100+ FPS in 3.16.1, no where near, if your away from high GPU load areas now that's common place.

Deeply impressed with what CIG have done here, and they aren't done yet. :)

Back
Top Bottom