******Official Star Citizen / Squadron 42 Thread******

Soldato
@Jay85
The major stations around planets are located roughly above the major city landing zone. Either spool up and look around for the square icon while you're leaving atmosphere, or use the star map and plot a course to it.

To change your spawn point, go to the medical facility at the station and use the console in the reception area to switch it there.
Will have a look again at that, i fly around area18 and couldn't see anything come up.

Associate

.2 is shaping up to be a big patch but then we'll have it for quite a while I guess.

Looking forward to it all though.

Last edited:
Associate
A Free Fly week starts today at 17:00BST. July 7 to July 18

The Foundation Festival is a month-long civic program that aims to strengthen community spirit by encouraging Citizens and civilians to volunteer with local and imperial organizations. There'll be updates to the Guide System, org highlights, exclusive earnable free ship paints (8 of them in fact!), and more!

What I've confirmed so far is: To get the new earnable skins you need to sign up to be a Guide. Then when you're in game someone can select you through the website Guide system. The two of you then need to spend at least 30 mins in game and the other party needs to leave you positive feedback. I've not seen anything to say you can't be signed up as a Guide and also be guided by others. So I'm more than happy to swap with people so we can earn the skins.

Also during the Free Fly, there's a referral bonus gives you and the new players you refer a Drake Dragonfly for free. So if anyone is creating a new account. I'd love it if you used my code (In my signature) and we both get a free hoverbike worth $40 :D ;)

x0sn3spf3xx31.png

Soldato

.2 is shaping up to be a big patch but then we'll have it for quite a while I guess.

Looking forward to it all though.
Currently reading the monthly report and saw this

image.png

The problem with the monthly reports is that hardly anyone reads them, especially the SQ42.

There has been people in this thread in the past moaning how CIG never tells us any progress on SQ42 and it always whinds me up because once a month, CIG post a long article explaining what they worked on SQ42 and its progress...

I had a little argument with a mate recently about this. He was saying that CIG never tell us any progress or info on SQ42... once i showed up the previous monthly report, he kept silent and then moved on and complain and said (well where is the gameplay videos...)

ffs you dont need a youtube video showin u gameplay of sq42 every month. REad the monthly reports and use your imagination!!!

Its not like we dont know what SQ42 looks like.. Its being built on the same damm engine as SC with the same damm assets....

I read somewhere that most gamers are too lazy to read.

Soldato
Currently reading the monthly report and saw this

image.png

The problem with the monthly reports is that hardly anyone reads them, especially the SQ42.

There has been people in this thread in the past moaning how CIG never tells us any progress on SQ42 and it always whinds me up because once a month, CIG post a long article explaining what they worked on SQ42 and its progress...

I read somewhere that most gamers are too lazy to read.

Guilty of this, i saw so many emails especially when i lost interest in the game it just got annoying for me. Now that im into it again im finding myself reading it while sat on the ******* and catching up on progress lol.

Soldato
Guilty of this, i saw so many emails especially when i lost interest in the game it just got annoying for me. Now that im into it again im finding myself reading it while sat on the ******* and catching up on progress lol.
Yea there is a lot of info on each monthly update.

And if someome cant read something that is more than two sentances long, there is usually a video posted by astropub where he basically reads it out loud for u lol.

Basically you can digest this info via reading it or via listening to it like a podcast.

Soldato
Dual.

i tried one joystick with keyboard and one joytsic with throttle lever.

I prefer dual especially for fighting
Duel stick or stick and mouse is the general go to.

The goal is to have 6 axes of analogue control which a throttle doesn't give you.

I instinctively want to push forward and backward on the left stick for forward and backward movement but i just realised i should actually have pedals for that instead? Left stick for Strafing axis and right stick for rotational (without pedals i could use the top hat for forward and backward motion?).

Am i going about this the wrong way.

Associate
I instinctively want to push forward and backward on the left stick for forward and backward movement but i just realised i should actually have pedals for that instead? Left stick for Strafing axis and right stick for rotational (without pedals i could use the top hat for forward and backward motion?).

Am i going about this the wrong way.
It's all down to your own preferences. You name it and someone's using it. I've seen a lot of people with rotation on pedals. Either way you need the stick time to get muscle memory in.

I've been using the left stick with push forward/back as forward/back, strafe left/right and twist for up/down. I'm moving to pedals and will be putting forward/ back on the pedals. Push forward/back for up/down, L/R for strafe and twist for rotation. That's my plan to try out.

What I have been thinking about a bit is how much you can activate any direction on a joystick. If you have up/down, left/right strafe on a stick. Then you can't say go full up and full left at the same time by the nature of a joystick. How much that matters I'm less sure.

Associate
If you search around there's tons of people that have posted their keybinds. But more than a few I've seen I wouldn't mirror myself. With my left stick and mouse, the mouse is 12button mmo thing. So I have 1-4 as power 100% and reset power. Then I have 5-9 as targeting.

fhgeuq01esq81.png

Soldato
If you search around there's tons of people that have posted their keybinds. But more than a few I've seen I wouldn't mirror myself. With my left stick and mouse, the mouse is 12button mmo thing. So I have 1-4 as power 100% and reset power. Then I have 5-9 as targeting.

fhgeuq01esq81.png
I've been looking at VKB's as well direct from the store, it works out to be around £250ish inc vat plus whatever the duty costs are when it lands in the uk. It's not bad considering its for 2 sticks.

I like the binding on this, it makes sense to me. But like you said i need to use it to build up muscle memory otherwise its pointless just thinking about it.

Soldato
I like twin stick in elite dangerous and I will defo try in SC. bit of a segue but I wish the madkatz/saitek/Logitech X55 and X56 sticks were ambidextrous ...... I have a spare x55 stick after the usual throttle failure and use it with the stick from.my x56 hotas. it is not ideal however as the stick is shaped with a huge bias for right handers.

Associate
I've been looking at VKB's as well direct from the store, it works out to be around £250ish inc vat plus whatever the duty costs are when it lands in the uk. It's not bad considering its for 2 sticks.

I like the binding on this, it makes sense to me. But like you said i need to use it to build up muscle memory otherwise its pointless just thinking about it.

I've been told the import into the UK is £40 for one stick or 80 for two. Although the guys implied it was better to order one stick at a time to stay under the price cap for import.

Soldato
I'm Stick (VKB) and DIY Arduino thingy :D. I've got a fine tune analog gimbal axis for forwards/back and a thumbstick for the other translation.
I'd like to give dual stick a proper go at some point, but think I'd want the right angle adaptor on the left stick. Rotation for up/down feels odd to me.

Back
Top Bottom