** Official ** Summer 2010 Transfer Thread - Signings, Sightings and Rumor's in Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Fabianski > Almunia (in the long run). Fabianski seems to have the requirements to be a decent 'keeper physically, just needs to improve some stuff mentally, preferably not at Arsenal.

Yup, a decent loan spell will do him good, as he is normally put in with a load of expectation/pressure.

Schwarzer is a good keeper, but he's cost us a few points too and if we got more than what his contracts worth, I'd be happy to accept :p

Schwarzer is better than anything Arsenal have got, so it would be an improvement - but how long will he have left to play at the top level? 2-3 years?

The reported £4M price is a lot to pay for a stop gap signing.

I know I'm a bit late to the party with this one but yesterday while driving I was sure I heard a few times Joe Cole giving an interview on his move where he said that Liverpool were the biggest club in the country (I've now checked and he did). Meaning no undue disrespect to Liverpool but what possible metric is Mr Cole using for this statement?

And in the unlikely event that anyone cares Hearts are currently hoping to re-sign Paul Hartley from Bristol City.

I know I'm a bit late to the party with this one but yesterday while driving I was sure I heard a few times Joe Cole giving an interview on his move where he said that Liverpool were the biggest club in the country (I've now checked and he did). Meaning no undue disrespect to Liverpool but what possible metric is Mr Cole using for this statement?

And in the unlikely event that anyone cares Hearts are currently hoping to re-sign Paul Hartley from Bristol City.

Poor Joe's never been the brightest, he's just buttering up the Liverpool fans as the majority of new signings do nowadays, he'd probably have said the same about Spurs if he'd kept his promise:
I spoke to him a month ago and I thought he was coming here," said Tottenham manager Redknapp, who managed the midfielder at West Ham.

"He wanted to come to Spurs. He'd made his mind up - I had no doubt. But a month went by and Liverpool moved in."

Then he changed his mind and moved North, only for footballing reasons mind;)

How do you measure the size of a club? Fanbase?

Could be almost anything I imagine, number of fans, number of staffmembers, height of the stadium, length of the stadium, area of club owned land, number of english trophies won, number of european trophies won, total amount of historical money made from ticket sales...... and on and on. Without any specification of which biggest is being referred to, it could be almost anything.

Liverpool are the club with the biggest history, then Man Utd, then Arsenal, then Villa/Everton iirc?

Doesn't necessarily make them the 'biggest club' which is a lazy phrase open to interpretation, means they've won most stuff with past teams

:s look at any table, Arsenal have won a lot more major trophies than anybody besides Man Utd or Liverpool, but you already knew that. This a wind-up or are you serious??

I read an article earlier on today:

Liverpool: 43 Major trophies

Man Utd: 40 Major trophies

Arsenal: 27 Major trophies

Chelsea: 17 Major trophies joint with Spurs also on 17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom