** Official ** Summer 2010 Transfer Thread - Signings, Sightings and Rumor's in Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
:s look at any table, Arsenal have won a lot more major trophies than anybody besides Man Utd or Liverpool, but you already knew that. This a wind-up or are you serious??
Half serious, half messing around as I know how upset Arsenal fans get when they're called a small club :p

Arsenal may have won more trophies than other clubs but the fact that you've not won a major trophy outside of England (and the Cup Winners Cup isn't a major trophy) makes it difficult to consider Arsenal out on their own in 3rd, especially when the likes of Villa have won the European Cup.
You were obviously born yesterday and don't know your football. :D:p

Your constant baiting of skippi is getting tiresome.

Riera's out in Greece to tie up his move to Olympiakos; around 3,000 fans cheered his arrival in Athens, unsure whether they were Liverpool or Olympiakos fans though.

Interesting to see that after leaving our training camp to complete his move to Fiorentina, Insua has now returned to Melwood and is training with the squad again :confused:

How do you measure the size of a club? Fanbase?

I don't know, I'd probably pick some combination of recent success, history, fanbase size and earning potential however it's very subjective. But even based on amalgamated subjective criteria there, I've only got Liverpool ahead on history and that's getting pretty close too.

Poor Joe's never been the brightest, he's just buttering up the Liverpool fans as the majority of new signings do nowadays, he'd probably have said the same about Spurs if he'd kept his promise:

Then he changed his mind and moved North, only for footballing reasons mind;)

How can you doubt the sincerity of Mr Cole's sentiment? :p If he'd said the club with the best history then I wouldn't have picked it up at all, as it was I just couldn't work out what he was basing the claim on.

Liverpool are the club with the biggest history, then Man Utd, then Arsenal, then Villa/Everton iirc?

Doesn't necessarily make them the 'biggest club' which is a lazy phrase open to interpretation, means they've won most stuff with past teams

Sure, it's open to interpretation and it is a lazy phrase but I've got a bit of time to question it just now so thought I would do. :)

Yeah but woeful is like quarter finals which is top 8, combined with always being 1st/2nd in the league, not quite sure how they've managed to get them down at 13th :confused:

That dutch guys site is EXTREMELY accurate, I've used it for years and I've never known it to get the UEFA seedings wrong.
Obviously bear in mind it only counts results from the previous 5 seasons and Madrid haven't done much the past 5 years relatively speaking. Their league position is irrelevant.

That's very good news with regards to Campbell. As for our strikers, I think we are fully equipped. I'm guessing we will still only play one up front, so that would mean Chamakh and Bendtner to come off the bench or to start as target men. Hopefully Bendtner's groin reoccurance is sorted in the next month or two whilst the campaign is still fresh. I think Simpson is on his way out but if not, it would be nice to see how he performs in the League. We could even try Sunu if things get really bad. He's a big promising lad.

Ok even if we play one up front which we did last year we are still short of a real striker. RVP is great for a few games and then either rest or injured for three months. Bendtner is already injured. So we have the new guy Cham, unproven in our league and an injury prone player.

Doesnt fill me with confidence. Yes we have Arshaven and a few others that can fill in but nothing long term.

I still think CB and GK are our worse areas of cover but i wouldnt be surprised if a striker came in. Where did you hear Almunia was frozen out? (Refering to the other post)

Good to see Nasri off to a flyer as well(And yes i know its only preseason friendlies :p). A lot of people doubt him on here for some reason but I personally wouldnt have been bothered if he replaced Fabregas if he left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom