** Official ** Summer 2010 Transfer Thread - Signings, Sightings and Rumor's in Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed, he looked like he might have something potentially about him in his first season but since then hasn't really done anything

!

You could easily have been talking about Nani there also!!!:D

(until the last couple of months of last season.....so two seasons of not very much, gives Nasri another season of "nothing much" doesnt it?) :)

As it seems Cleverly is definitely being loaned out, what the **** is Fergie doing not signing a central midfielder, with 3 1/2 wingers (with Giggs being the 1/2) at the club while I would have loved a wide player being added but imo Utd can do one more season with these players (ie if Nani still only has 2 - 3 months that are good and the other 6 months are forgettable I dont see him getting through next summer at the club), but we are surely desperate for an experienced central player - even if it ends up being a solid defensive player.

All well and good looking at the young players - but they will never get a real run in the team, and we need someone in there playing week after week after week, not three or four constantly swapping because the experienced players dont have the legs to play or the young ones arent ready yet

Last edited:
Means we're gonna see more of Darren 'I'm shooting if it's less than 40 yards to goal' Gibson. Oh joy.

He wouldn't be doing it unless he was under orders. I actually quite like him as a player, at least he gets the odd goal - even if it takes 27.3 shots.

I'm pleased Cleverley is going out, he's quality but he needs game time and he isn't going to get enough at a side challenging for the title. A nice mid table club like Liverpool would do him nicely for a season. Same with welbeck although I think cleverley has more chance of making it than welbeck.

He wouldn't be doing it unless he was under orders. I actually quite like him as a player, at least he gets the odd goal - even if it takes 27.3 shots.

People rate Gerrard as world class because he scores a lot of goals like that, and he takes and equally large number of wasteful shots a game, people see what they want to see, Gibson really doesn't show much in his game beyond the odd long shot.

But you have to remember, simply having someone willing and KNOWN to shoot from range, often means someone is rushing out to block, someone rushing out creates space in behind, and also gives you a chance to not shoot and pass into that space.

Really you want players on the pitch who do various things because if theres no variety, you're fairly easy to defend against. If Arsenal had someone that shot from distance more often, it would create another threat, and cause more defensive mistakes. AS said though, his passing, movement, defending and general vision hasn't come close(as of yet) to mean he's worth a slot in midfield, would make more sense to ask Scholes, or Valencia, to shoot more often.

As for Nasri, he's not a winger, he's no where near fast enough to be a winger, and he generally plays on the wing. It was the season before last at the end of the season, and a little towards the end of last season also that we played a 2-3-1 formation a little with Bendtner, Nasri, Arshavin being swapped around all three positions that Nasri put in some world class halfs in the central advanced position.

His passing and movement is great, he's got an ok shot and makes very well timed runs, he can get around people aswell but can't get away from them due to lack of pace. He's completely wasted on the wing and could be brilliant in a high up the pitch in the middle position. The biggest problem with that is half our players can be described the same way. Fabregas, Nasri, Arshavin, Bendtner, RVP, Ramsey, Wilshire and now maybe Chamakh.

Chamakh's arrival makes Nasri's chance of being played in the middle even smaller than last year, as does Wengers insistance on playing Diaby despite him being utterly useless.

If Nasri had Nani type pace, he'd be ripping fullbacks apart and getting in the box for fun, without that pace he'll never shine on the wing.

Like every day for the past month, there's more stories tonight linking Masch to Barca or Inter but it appears as if nothing is actually going on. I honestly thought he'd have been sold by now.

As much as I rate the guy (and I think he's a ****ing monster) and as much as I'd love him to stay, the sooner he goes the better. Without CL football his importance to the side isn't as great and the money we'd get for him would (if spent (and spent wisely)) enable us to improve our squad as a whole.

I wouldn't be disappointed if he stayed with us next season but I would be when were then forced to sell him for £10m as he's only got a year left on his deal. If he's not going to sign his new contract (which he now won't) then it's now just a case of getting as much for him as possible.

Yeah and Nani lit the premiership a light with his first few seasons. He only did well towards the end of last season. Hardly the most consistent of performances.

Nasri started off with a broken leg and when played in his proper positions looked briliant when filling in for Fabregas.

He has already scored three goals in preseason. I am confident that free of injury he will have a better year than Nani. ;)

Nani did very well in his first season as well, I've said all along that it's all ifs and buts with nani but if he can put it all together consistently then I've seen nothing that suggests Nasri is the better player

As for nasri's position wasn't he bought as a wide player? wenger just moved him infield when fabregas got injured and they got arshavin for the wide area

Nani did very well in his first season as well, I've said all along that it's all ifs and buts with nani but if he can put it all together consistently then I've seen nothing that suggests Nasri is the better player

As for nasri's position wasn't he bought as a wide player? wenger just moved him infield when fabregas got injured and they got arshavin for the wide area

I think he played wide for Marseille but the season just gone he has mostly played in the middle of the pitch but he hasn't had too many chances to impress. Also to be fair Nasri broke his leg just before the start of last season.

Yeah I agree, he hasn't really done anything since his first season. :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom