** Official ** Summer 2010 Transfer Thread - Signings, Sightings and Rumor's in Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn Redknapp making an utter pratt of himself again. Despite having spent 100mil since he got in at white hart lane, more than the massive majority of other clubs, he's having a winge about other clubs(City) spending big, and managed to while intimating about a big spending club(City) said fans don't care if its Saddam in charge as long as players are being bought.

Are Spurs the second top spender in the past 18 months, ahead of many richer clubs with more funds available, and he's basically saying City fans don't care they have a filthy arab owner.

How he could ever be in with a chance of managing England, small minded, moron who has the cheek to overspend and only having any success by spending more than previous managers have spent and normally more than a club can afford, then complain about big spending clubs because for now he hasn't spent this transfer window, despite his obvious attempts to sign multiple top players for either extortionate wages, or big transfer fee's.

Nani did very well in his first season as well, I've said all along that it's all ifs and buts with nani but if he can put it all together consistently then I've seen nothing that suggests Nasri is the better player

As for nasri's position wasn't he bought as a wide player? wenger just moved him infield when fabregas got injured and they got arshavin for the wide area

Nasri's has always said that his best position is in the center of midfield. He plays on the wide more than not because we have Fabregas. Try watching him when he covers for Fabregas.

I think this will be the seaosn to see if Nani can get it together. He has never impressed me though. He always seems to have a good game against Arsenal though no matter how bad he is playing. How does he play against bigger and rougher teams? Might suggest he could be bullied into bad games as we arent the biggest of teams.

the sooner he goes the better. Without CL football his importance to the side isn't as great and the money we'd get for him would (if spent (and spent wisely)) enable us to improve our squad as a whole.

I concur, Mascherano has seemingly made no bones about the fact that he wants to leave Liverpool, seems to have been knocking on about it for a couple of years now. Dont really want anyone at the club who doesnt really want to be there and tbh I would much rather we had the funds from his sale to strengthen the squad. Get shot of him Hodgson and lets get on with positive moves.

Daily Star

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger is ready to make a £10m bid for Germany centre-back Per Mertesacker if he cannot persuade Everton to sell Phil Jagielka.

Just lol at anything that comes from the Daily Star, I know this was quoted above from the BBC but it was also in the Star. That's the newspaper that gave everyone the "EXCLUSIVE Joe Cole signs for Arsenal" story :rolleyes:

Well I do hope that he signs someone quickly so they can bed in.

I hope he doesn't cut Almunia in favour of Fabianski, the man has some weird obsession with him and I don't see why, he's a terrible goalkeeper nowhere near the level he needs to be to start for us. Almunia is a much better option although sadly he's the best of a bad bunch. Maybe now that Campbell is probably going to sign a year long deal it might leave Wenger in a position where he feels the golakeeper situation needs improving more than the CB situation, although to be honest I want another CB and another GK. The Emirates Cup is starting in 7 days and with Lyon and AC Milan in it then it won't be as Mickey Mouse as it has been in the past.

He just isnt very good, he constantly gives the ball away, is slow, cant tackle and wasteful in possession.

His one talent is that he can keep his head down when he kicks the ball.

You've pretty much described Frank Lampard there, and I'd take 20 goals a season from midfield. :p

He picked up 5 goals from 14 starts last season and that's not a bad record imo.

Nemanja Vidic has ended speculation over his future at Manchester United by agreeing a new long-term deal with the club.

Vidic had been linked with a move to several of Europe's top sides over the summer but United have shaken hands on terms with the Serbian defender to end any prospect of a move.

Real Madrid were widely expected to make a bid for the stopper's services, however chief executive David Gill has confirmed a "long-term" contract has been agreed by both parties.

Vidic is currently resting following his participation in the World Cup finals in South Africa but he will link-up with his team-mates next week as a Red Devils man for the foreseeable future.

The news will boost manager Sir Alex Ferguson, who had remained confident of keeping hold of his stalwart defender.

Doesn't happen to say how long term the long term is.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6276473,00.html

I think Lampard is a very good player, he's one of those that fans from other clubs like to underrate. Gibson is one i'd like to do well but his passing game just isn't there at the moment.

Pleased about Vidic, we need to see how ferdinand gets on this year with regards fitness but for now i'm quite happy with our back line.

Source: Mirror Football

Robbie Keane's future at Tottenham is in doubt after he walked out on two interviews when the subject was raised.

Keane, back at Spurs after a six-month loan spell at Celtic, was asked whether he would be staying at the club by journalists following Tottenham's tour of the USA.

The Irishman scored in the 2-1 wi over Thierry Henry's New York Red Bulls side on Thursday night but then blanked reporters who asked him about his future.

The striker is wanted back on loan by Celtic, who cannot afford to buy him outright, while Aston Villa have also expressed interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom