*** Official Ubiquiti Discussion Thread ***

Caporegime
To anybody looking for a decent converter plug for wall warts, I can fully recommend the products made by this company

https://www.powerconnections.co.uk/shop/converters/euro-to-uk/pcp/

Searching for "powerconnections pcp" will give you suppliers for the unit. The lid is held in place with screws, and two rubber pads grip the transformer to stop it falling out.

If you only need something less permanent then this will do nicely

https://www.powerconnections.co.uk/shop/converters/euro-to-uk/bca/

Soldato
Doorbell "PRO" EA login usually needed

Another UI missed opportunity and ignoring what everyone with a G4 asked for. No poe data only power via poe to usb c adaptor. Package camera no good for UK really. NFC and Fingerprint for a smart lock that knowing most smart locks wont work on the majority of UK doors. No separate chime / smart speaker box that we asked for as most UK / EU dont use mechanical or digital chimes as default. No Google / Alexa support that was asked for. Bigger and kind of uglier but the nice screen is cool for animations. Not actually implemented yet lol.

Another Ui device poorly thought out but I will probably still buy it :p

Man of Honour
My USG is playing up again and dropping packets to the internet. In the past I've rebooted it and it's fixed it or re-install the latest firmware.

Code:
Pinging 1.1.1.1 with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 1.1.1.1: bytes=32 time=5ms TTL=58
Reply from 1.1.1.1: bytes=32 time=6ms TTL=58
Request timed out.

I can't seem to solve it this time and it's really doing my head in. Any suggestions at all?

EDIT

I seem to have fixed it by downgrading to 4.4.55 and then upgrading to 4.4.56.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Speaking of updates, how are recent UDM updates? I left auto updates off after seeing mixed responses a while back. But whilst troubleshooting why a phone on the network keeps dropping/reconnecting, I noticed an update (currently on 1.86, new one is 1.11.0).
Unless you NEED something offered by a UniFi firmware update, I would not advise you to do it if everything is stable.
Thanks, I will leave as is then. Updated the AP-LR - no issues so far. Next on my list, investigating channel use as the 2.4GHz seems a bit flakey (control panel showing a lot of orange).

Last edited:
Associate
Hey all,

Just signed up as I see this forum is still active.

I recently bought a U6 lite, with no udm or dream machine for now. I have setup the AP in the living room, works flawlessy with all devices apart from Sky Q. It does connect to it but Sky Q decides to drop wireless connection and connect to my Sky Router again.

I specifically bought this AP so it doesn't do that as AP has bandwith allocation of 15Mbps which is more then enough for netflix 4k. Anyone had similar issues? It seems Sky Q box is somehow finding Sky Router and prioritising that over unifi. I tried dropping wifi on Sky router but then AP stops working, althought I did wired it to the router so confused if I have done it right...

I am planning to get rid of Sky router altogether soon and setup a udm pro or a controller on raspberry pi. I am currently running my PC all the time to have network uptime, not sure if that will solve the problem.

I definitely want to avoid hard wiring sky q of possible...

Soldato
It can be a real challenge to get Sky Q boxes and UniFi to play nicely together. Both my Q boxes are hardwired to UniFi switches and it took a bit of experimentation to get it all working.

Can you create a 2.4GHz only network on your UniFi AP and connect the Q box to that. In theory it should work fine with a combined 5 & 2.4GHz network but the reality can be quite different. As far as I remember you can only use 5GHz Wi-Fi on a Sky Q box if you're using a Sky router.

I'd be inclined to do a network reset on the Q box, connect it to a 2.4GHz only network from your UniFi AP and go from there. If you've moved all your devices over to using your UniFi AP then could you disable Wi-Fi on the Sky router?

Soldato
Not being funny but WHY THE **** are you upgrading the firmware on a USG? Since they unified the firmwares the older routers have been best on 4.4.3x

This is news to me too, being the gateway and your edge most device, isn't it advisable to keep it up to date?

EDIT: i will add that I dont upgrade straight away, usually a month or so after release.

Soldato
This is news to me too, being the gateway and your edge most device, isn't it advisable to keep it up to date?

EDIT: i will add that I dont upgrade straight away, usually a month or so after release.

The release notes tell you what is being upgraded. If there is nothing to upgrade, you are literally upgrading for nothing.

The USG is a decent enough Stateful Inspection Firewall and depending on your connection speed, it can run Suricata but it's nothing more than that. The whole Security Gateway name can lead people to believe it does stuff that it really doesn't.

Associate
I recently put a U6-LR in a relatives house and no matter what I did the sky boxes didn't like been connected to the unifi accesspoint in the end I gave up and used a tp-link wifi repeater as an ethernet bridge and then let the mini boxed connect on their own mesh to the main box.

I have my main box hard wired so didn't expect this issue.

Back
Top Bottom