*** Official Ubiquiti Discussion Thread ***

RSR

RSR

Soldato
The load balancing (WAN) feature on the UniFi routers works well, as I have been experimenting with it. Not sure I'll use it all the time though, but it's rapid for downloading as I was seeing speeds of over 2Gb.

I'll need to do some more testing though.

UniFi Support have also given me something to try to see if it helps my IPv6 issue.

Man of Honour
The load balancing (WAN) feature on the UniFi routers works well, as I have been experimenting with it. Not sure I'll use it all the time though, but it's rapid for downloading as I was seeing speeds of over 2Gb.
I thought it was on a per device basis, ie client 1 on WAN 1, client 2 on WAN 2?

RSR

RSR

Soldato
I thought it was on a per device basis, ie client 1 on WAN 1, client 2 on WAN 2?
You can do that via PBR but you can also LB between WAN1 / WAN2 overall.

That's one example without PBR and just using LB:

kO2rhIX.jpg

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Interesting, I didn't know it worked that way. I'm sure when I had VM and OR FTTP I tried it but couldn't get much faster than a single connection (on a 10 GbE NIC).

Caporegime
It will also depend how many connections your client is opening, a single threaded FTP download can only use one connection for example.

Last edited:
Associate
Weird issue last night , my UDM base - which is now coming up to 5 years old, threw a wobbly one.

The Unifi controller wouldn't show the status of the ports, so I went into the console and issued a reboot command to try to clear the issue. It rebooted fine but couldn't connect to my fibre ONT when it rebooted.

I reset the UDM and installed a backup from the Cloud from the 7th of June, the UDM installed the backup but still couldn't connect to the ONT and said my ISP was down. I quickly rigged up my Mikrotik 5009 with a basic config and it connected to the ONT via PPPOE with no issues. So I plugged my 8-150 switch and wifi access points into the 5009 so my wife would have a working connection for work today - all worked fine with no issues.

So tonight, I have factory reset the UDM and loaded the latest backup and rebooted. Again the UDM couldn't connect to the ONT and said my ISP was down. So did a factory reset again, slapped a new config on the UDM, reset the switch, access points and adopted them in to the new unifi config - everything worked with zero issues. UDM appears to be happy, no errors in the controller log.

I will have to keep an eye on the UDM, never had any issues at all with it during the past 5 years, might have to think about getting one of those new UCG Ultras sooner than later.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I've ordered a Cloud Gateway Ultra because it seems decent for the money, and my Netgate 3100 is getting old and doing strange things. Would have been nice to have more than one 2.5Gbps port but it's cheap enough so I don't really care.
Managed to retrieve this after DPD, who are awful, took it to the wrong house and left it on the step.

Set it up with 4.0.5 of the OS and 8.2.93 of the Network software on my 500Mbps Lit Fibre connection, it's working perfectly. IPv6 took about three minutes to configure, added some internal DNS entries, you get a lot for the money.

Soldato
It had been quite a while since i'd used the 'new' UniFi Controller interface, I was stubbornly sticking with the legacy interface. I think I dislike the new one even more now than I did last time I used it.

The Port Manager is a great idea, but it's totally unusable on my Macbook Air with it's puny low resolution. So much wasted screen space estate used by the image of the ports so that I can barely see any of the settings when I want to reconfigure a port.

Back to the legacy interface for me.

Man of Honour
You may as well just get used to it as they'll likely discontinue it. Personally, I don't like the old interface and it's missing a lot of features.

Soldato
You're right, I should. But I'm being overly stubborn based on just how much I dislike the new interface. I think I'll cling on until the bitter end then bemoan the lack of a good interface when the time comes.

RSR

RSR

Soldato

UniFi OS - 4.0.6​

Bundled application
  • UniFi Network 8.2.93

Improvements​

• Improved device stability.
  • Improved WiFi resiliency.

Bugfixes​

• Fixed rare gateway configuration issues on setups with SFP modules.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause complete network interruptions.
  • Fixed inability to properly run a speedtest via the mobile apps.
  • Fixed inability to restore backups in rare cases.
  • Fixed an issue where the RF scan could get stuck in rare cases.
UDM: https://community.ui.com/releases/UniFi-OS-Dream-Machines-4-0-6/c81173d4-e680-4c4c-9947-fc9a5da1e238
UDW: https://community.ui.com/releases/UniFi-OS-Dream-Wall-4-0-6/01dba09b-1635-4bf5-a7d0-43510e7019b0

RSR

RSR

Soldato
My UDM Pro Max arrived today, just through the process of getting it set up and config migrated.

The first impression is that it feels a bit more snappy but that could be a placebo.

Back
Top Bottom