*** Official Ubiquiti Discussion Thread ***

This sounds interesting:

After thorough analysis and investigation, our development team has built custom firmware based on UniFi OS 4.0 that should address the issue you're experiencing.

I wonder what they have found with IPv6

The biggest hurdle is usually the lack of ethernet runs and power everywhere rather than drilling a few holes and mounting a device.
Do you not have a POE switch? POE+ and ++ are especially great being able to do a single run, power a switch then power devices is so handy.

Last edited:
Do you not have a POE switch? POE+ and ++ are especially great being able to do a single run, power a switch then power devices is so handy.
To clear up any confusion, i'm specifically talking about the physical ability to get a cable run to a given location rather than any used protocol/technology - sometimes it's not doable without a lot of aggro/time/cost.
As @Ev0 said, if it was easy and straightforward then they would have already done it :)

To clear up any confusion, i'm specifically talking about the physical ability to get a cable run to a given location rather than any used protocol/technology - sometimes it's not doable without a lot of aggro/time/cost.
As @Ev0 said, if it was easy and straightforward then they would have already done it :)
People must have vastly different meanings to the word lots of agro.
I had to take up carpet, floor boards, climb under the crawl space. Only took a few hours, easiest run was through the floor under the crawl space through the cavity wall into the garage and around the inside to then go out to the front of the house.
Running mains would have been a bit more agro, but still only an afternoon job.

No wonder WiFi is so popular.

Last edited:
People must have vastly different meanings to the word lots of agro.
I had to take up carpet, floor boards, climb under the crawl space. Only took a few hours, easiest run was through the floor under the crawl space through the cavity wall into the garage and around the inside to then go out to the front of the house.
Running mains would have been a bit more agro, but still only an afternoon job.

No wonder WiFi is so popular.
That's a lot of agro. I wouldn't even consider lifting a carpet let alone floorboards. Do you live by yourself?

Something strange happened starting few days ago. A new AP(AC-Pro) appeared in my network waiting to be adopted.
I only have 4 APs in my home network and one of them is a AC-Pro. But now I can see all 4 APs plus this new one!
I checked all 4 of my APs and checked all the switches, restarted all devices. Still get the new AP which is not mine.
I have OpenSense running in a VM and all the network devices are connected to a main 24 port unifi switch.
Could this be a rogue AP from a neighbour?

It could be. Have you got wireless uplink (or whatever it's called now) enabled? If all of your AP's are hard wired then disable it.

I'd be tempted to create a new site in my controller, adopt this rogue AP and see what it reports as being it's uplink.
I think it is called "WiFi Mesh" now. When it prompted to adapt to my network I tried and couldn't do it unless I enable the wifi mesh. As all of the APs are wired I had the mesh setting disabled.

I will try the new site creating and adapting this AP.

I currently have the USW-Pro-Max-24-PoE which connects to and powers via PoE my two FlexHD APs. In the last couple of weeks, potentially since an update to my APs I'm frequently seeing both access points restart a couple of time a day. The times seem to be similar on both, which could be coincidence or could indicate the issue is with the PoE delivery from the switch. I've raised a support case, but just had a stock answer for now, so just thought I'd see if anyone has seen similar behaviour? Basically the two aps go offline and show an up time within a minute of each other, then come back up fine for a number of hours

I currently have the USW-Pro-Max-24-PoE which connects to and powers via PoE my two FlexHD APs. In the last couple of weeks, potentially since an update to my APs I'm frequently seeing both access points restart a couple of time a day. The times seem to be similar on both, which could be coincidence or could indicate the issue is with the PoE delivery from the switch. I've raised a support case, but just had a stock answer for now, so just thought I'd see if anyone has seen similar behaviour? Basically the two aps go offline and show an up time within a minute of each other, then come back up fine for a number of hours

I've seen this too. 2-3 times now, not as frequent as yours.

What firmware are you running?

I saw this with a U6 Enterprise with the AP dropping link speed, so I updated to an EA firmware and it corrected the issue.

APs are on 6.6.65, UDM is on 4.0.6 (but I think that's just updated).

j3BXKGR.png

Last edited:
APs are on 6.6.65, UDM is on 4.0.6 (but I think that's just updated).

That firmware rings a bell, I have moved mine to 6.6.73 and it's been fine since. Looking at some of the comments id stick with 6.6.73 for now

I see 6.6.75 has been released to EA now and 6.6.74 is now an official release.

https://community.ui.com/releases/UniFi-Access-Point-6-6-74/aaa2ee98-8c1b-467a-ac88-d2c1ca359877 - Only for U6+ models
https://community.ui.com/releases/UniFi-Access-Point-6-6-75/dd034876-fe21-4f62-946c-e3d3a9979660 - That looks to have some issues.

Last edited:
Updated to OS 4.0.6, shows it's updated in the logs but on the console management page it still says 3.2.12 and offers the update again?

Device version says 4.0.6 as well.

Last edited:
Seems it's only the Android app that shows the issue. If I login through the browser it's all 4.0.6.
Tried clearing cache in Android and no help.

Back
Top Bottom