• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***Official Unigine Heaven DX11 3.0 Benchmark Scores***

Caporegime
So come on lets have it out here, who and what are you doubting exactly here, lets not beat about the bush.

I have seen some scores on other sites with +1300mhz and they no where near reach the top 2 scores....Almost 300 points higher than Daves score, so I do find it hard to swallow that the scores are all above board.

I could be wrong but we will never know.

Soldato
Associate
Well they are here and have posted a lot of material to confirm their scores, unless it's a big conspiracy by them I would assume it's genuine.

I think the reviews are what confuse people. It's nearly impossible to find max overclock vs max overclock comparison @1080p without the wally reviewers limiting the 7970 to 1125/1150MHz.

This thread of enthusiasts pushing overclocks and cooling more thoroughly and this (somewhat lone) review - http://vr-zone.com/articles/gigabyte-gtx-670-oc-windforce-3x-2gb-review/15831-3.html, seems to indicate that in the wild the 7970's ability to overvolt is a distinct advantage.

Caporegime
Soldato
Well mine was only at 1220/1675 http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=21568477&postcount=275 so the results above mine seem legit imo. Also, i'm on P67 so have none of that MVP stuff.

I have just done a bench at 1365mhz/1900mhz

The other 2 cards will all do 1300mhz+ on their own, but this XFX one clocks way higher and runs cooler than the other two by 4c

I would love to bench at 1300mhz+ in trifire mode, but they are topping out at about 1260mhz. I just can't do it captain :D

Soldato
I didn't think your score was false Dave. Maybe just me and maybe Besty is correct in the quad chan mem making 150 to 200 points difference.

Heaven is purely GPU though so I do seriously think something is fishy with those 2 top scores.

I agree that it's GPU though, well at least in single card mode, but I really think in multi-gpu the CPU will help allot here, I can deffo see my system holding these back compared to the SB-E boys.

My single card runs are matching the top boys which have much better cpu and clocks.

Soldato
Heaven is purely GPU though so I do seriously think something is fishy with those 2 top scores.

At stock clocks on my 2600k, the minimum fps takes a bashing, likewise when clocked, the minimum fps increases, effecting the overall score. I think Locky with a SB/IB or SB-E would get an even higher score.

Reason I can't push anymore is not because of card limitation/artifacting/heat, but my PSU not having enough grunt.

Caporegime
I agree that it's GPU though, well at least in single card mode, but I really think in multi-gpu the CPU will help allot here, I can deffo see my system holding these back compared to the SB-E boys.

My single card runs are matching the top boys which have much better cpu and clocks.

Fair play. I will go and get my toys and put them back in the pram. It just seemed strange that this bench is getting smashed by 7970's, yet other tests are so close. Maybe I am a little peeved I am not higher :p

Soldato
At stock clocks on my 2600k, the minimum fps takes a bashing, likewise when clocked, the minimum fps increases, effecting the overall score. I think Locky with a SB/IB or SB-E would get an even higher score.

Reason I can't push anymore is not because of card limitation/artifacting/heat, but my PSU not having enough grunt.

I just think the 680 boys underestimate how fast the 7970 can be when it's highly over-clocked.

Soldato
Fair play. I will go and get my toys and put them back in the pram. It just seemed strange that this bench is getting smashed by 7970's, yet other tests are so close. Maybe I am a little peeved I am not higher :p

You've been reading to many online reviews :p

I just think the 680 boys underestimate how fast the 7970 can be when it's highly over-clocked.

Agree, going to stick my neck out and say it's the best card AMD have ever made - Now if they sort the CFX drivers out :rolleyes:

Soldato

look how close my score is to besty.

His is 2422 at 1345/1880mhz.

mine is 2432 at 1365/1900mhz.

yet he has a higher cpu speed than me. but I get rapped by his multi gpu scores.

Last edited:
Caporegime

It is deffo the Overclockers card, I will say that and this dissapoints me, as I love pushing cards but the 680's childproof volts locked down, does not allow me to do what I enjoy.

They best sort this out for GK110.

Edit:

Anyways, this virtu MVP is sweet and has realy given me a boost in fps on BF3 (not that it was needed and I can't feel any difference)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom