*** Official Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning Thread***

Sept seems so close yet oh so far away COME QUICKER !!

Can't believe the open beta is only going to be 1 week then boom release the game seems a bit stupid i mean whats the point in doing the open beta test at all !?
I like that they have kept the NDA up for so long means when this is released people are going to be very surprised with some of the stuff in it :D

Can't believe the open beta is only going to be 1 week then boom release the game seems a bit stupid i mean whats the point in doing the open beta test at all !?

You don't still think an "open beta" is an actual test of a game? It's the mmo version of the demo you get for console games. The term "open beta" has become the expected marketing term for them (and provides a get out clause if things go wrong, “Its just the beta it be fix on release”! Yeah right, like that ever happens)

Has there been any talk of an official OcUK guild?

From the English Community Manager @ GOA (IainC at Warhammer Alliance).

If they didn't actually remove/delete the headstart account after X days then they'd end up with thousands of inactive accounts clogging up their system because of all the resellers on eBay and the people that go the pre-order pack from the official partners of the CE edition but then cancelled the game. Meaning they all have a Collectors Edition version of pre-order pack but no Collectors Edition game.

Can you link the post please, I can see it in his recent posts.

Certainly I didn't get that impression from the US pre-order launch. People who got the SE pre-order pack said it was appearing as a collectors edition code once they'd plugged it into the account page. And I know some people who didn't get a CE pre-order pack had been told to pick up the codes that were being given away with the SE instead.

I've got a CE on pre-order so not too worried myself but I can foresee a massive screwup since many people bought the pre-order without actually pre-ordering or pre-ordered but got no codes.

Not sure but I'll be going Order, I know a lot of folks are going Destruction but I'd certainly be interested in getting together with anyone here who is also going Order.

Given a free choice I'll probably go Order, since I have a suspicion RvR will work out with them having the upper hand. Since, the “pretty” races are always the most popular and “ugly” the least.

But I’m open to either. I’m going to roll a healer, so it really comes down to which is the best.

Can you link the post please, I can see it in his recent posts.

Certainly I didn't get that impression from the US pre-order launch. People who got the SE pre-order pack said it was appearing as a collectors edition code once they'd plugged it into the account page. And I know some people who didn't get a CE pre-order pack had been told to pick up the codes that were being given away with the SE instead.

I've got a CE on pre-order so not too worried myself but I can foresee a massive screwup since many people bought the pre-order without actually pre-ordering or pre-ordered but got no codes.
I can't unfortunately as it's on the beta forum (which in this case is not an NDA breach as I'm not providing info about the game itself, just the pre-order status in case anyone thinks it's an NDA breach). It is word for word though on what he said. Personally I think they've maybe did this as a big "\/" to the eBay resellers.

You don't still think an "open beta" is an actual test of a game? It's the mmo version of the demo you get for console games. The term "open beta" has become the expected marketing term for them (and provides a get out clause if things go wrong, “Its just the beta it be fix on release”! Yeah right, like that ever happens)

Has there been any talk of an official OcUK guild?

Well i know its a completely different game but the Open Beta for WoW is open for ages take alook at the current wotlk open beta its been running for more than 1 week and will proberbly run for a good couple months be my guess. Just seems wierd that WAR is only doing a week :p

I think its because they want the game out there before WotLK comes. More chance at people buying the game and sticking with it for a few months subscription, thus getting a bit of quick easy cash versus competing with an established game.

IMHO, this quick release, coupled with the announcment of the cut classes and citys is EA's meddling. Mythic may say different, but last min cuts and a very short open beta smells like something EA would do to earn an easy buck.

I hope Warhammer doesnt suffer for it.

Well i know its a completely different game but the Open Beta for WoW is open for ages take alook at the current wotlk open beta its been running for more than 1 week and will proberbly run for a good couple months be my guess. Just seems wierd that WAR is only doing a week :p

Its really not an open beta, they call it an open beta, but really its just a stress test. Everything has been tested nicely in the closed beta/focus phases, all thats left is to stress the servers with large populations, hence the open beta

I think its because they want the game out there before WotLK comes. More chance at people buying the game and sticking with it for a few months subscription, thus getting a bit of quick easy cash versus competing with an established game.

IMHO, this quick release, coupled with the announcment of the cut classes and citys is EA's meddling. Mythic may say different, but last min cuts and a very short open beta smells like something EA would do to earn an easy buck.

I hope Warhammer doesnt suffer for it.

I dont think it will suffer due to the cuts, to be honest they havent made that big a difference with them not being in imo. I think WAR will do well, it wont be for everyones tastes, but it should do pretty decently.

Apologies Flibby I have actually found the quote and your right. Seems the EU and US are doing things slightly differently, gonna cause problems for sure.

If anyone is to blame it must be be Mythic. They are the ones that over specced and failed to deliver, not EA. EA & Mythic are both want to get it our before WotLK, which is why they cut rather then delayed.

Whats the deal with the early access pre-order boxes? I'm just about to pre-order WAR but I can't find any info on the purple shop website regarding early access/access to the open beta.

Whats the deal with the early access pre-order boxes? I'm just about to pre-order WAR but I can't find any info on the purple shop website regarding early access/access to the open beta.

No idea if its all changed now or not, havent bothered to look, but the purple shop was a retail preorder partner only, so you actually had to go into the shop to get the preorder. They werent an e-merchant preorder partner, which is why they didnt have it on the website.

The e-merchant preorder partner for the uk, was the other place (I get lost with the secret code words on here , so never sure who is who when we are talking about companies, but I think it tends to be called the jersey place on here, its the one which rhymes with May anyway), thats where I got my preorders from..both of which are currently sat by my keyboard :) . I believe they sold out though.

EDIT : talking of the secret code words, I am assuming that the purple shop is another code word for the one which I call the dog and gramaphone place?

Last edited:
Cheers. Whats the SE and will it come with early access?

Tomb, I always thought 'the purple shop' was the one that rhymes with 'fame'.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom