*** Official Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning Thread***

Standard Edition.. and yes it will be only after the 28th August, pre-ordering before that means you won't get the early access / open beta or in-game items.

So people who order a standard edition will also get the early start :confused:

Seems a bit offy to advertise and make a big woo-ha over the CE getting early access extra items blah blah blah. Only to nearer the release decide, bugger it everyone can start early :eek:

:rolleyes:

5) Regarding the pre-order, Collector’s Edition and the Standard Edition, we are pleased to announce that we will also be inviting our pre-order CE buyers into our Closed Beta test starting next week.

rawk on!!
only if you live in america.... GOA are rubbish there never upto date with whats happening and they cant do the ce closed beta because they still dont have there site ready so people can put in CD keys :rolleyes:

GOA said they will see what they can do but cant promise anything, seems like mythic will be running there servers much better than GOA will manage.

Standard Edition.. and yes it will be only after the 28th August, pre-ordering before that means you won't get the early access / open beta or in-game items.

Cheers mate, I'll hold off ordering till then. Can't believe I haven't got into beta considering how long ago I signed up. This will be the first mmorpg that I haven't beta tested in a long time.

Can't believe the fuss surrounding the pre-orders and headstart, it's like the first 3 days of a game you could be playing for years!! I'm just going to go into town on the release day and buy a copy.

Plenty of Copies of the CE perorder pack In my MK tonight, talked tot he bloke and he said,
"yeah its 9.99 for the preorder pack but we wont hold you to buying it if you dont like it after the Beta/Headstart, Frankly its what im going to do and if its rubish I wont buy it"

If its good im ahead of the curve, if it sucks I lose £9.99 cant lose really.

Wish I could acutually Load my keys in mind you

Well i know its a completely different game but the Open Beta for WoW is open for ages take alook at the current wotlk open beta its been running for more than 1 week and will proberbly run for a good couple months be my guess. Just seems wierd that WAR is only doing a week :p

WoW open beta was actually an advertising exercise. EUs open beta client was actually the US release client which had gone gold over there. Bit misleading to call it an open beta tbh.

Well I'm hearing contradictory things at the moment. Mythic said that the NDA will be lifted in about 1 week, yet also stated that open beta won't start until September. But lifting the NDA automatically turns it into open beta... :confused:

WoW open beta was actually an advertising exercise. EUs open beta client was actually the US release client which had gone gold over there. Bit misleading to call it an open beta tbh.

Fair enough tbh :p

Well I'm hearing contradictory things at the moment. Mythic said that the NDA will be lifted in about 1 week, yet also stated that open beta won't start until September. But lifting the NDA automatically turns it into open beta...

:confused: moar pls !!!! well at least with the NDA removed i will be able to get more info on the game i guess :D

GOD DAM OPEN BETA ROLL NOW ! getting impatient here :p

Btw has anyone thought about an ocuk guild either destruction or order side ? or everyone just gunna do there own thing ?
There does seem to be quite a mix of people wanting to go diff sides so i guess getting one big ocuk guild might be a bit hard ;)

Well I'm hearing contradictory things at the moment. Mythic said that the NDA will be lifted in about 1 week, yet also stated that open beta won't start until September. But lifting the NDA automatically turns it into open beta... :confused:

The also said that it won't be a true open beta (which usually means everyone can d/l the client and particpate), it will still be beta invitees and CE edition people only.

Where have you heard that open beta isnt starting until september??

Does anyone still play Daoc? Are GOA still hopeless at running servers and do you still have to wait a week longer than the US for patches?

I dont play Daoc anymore, but I did play it for 3 years, however I played it on the US servers so couldnt comment on GOAs past history. (I didnt play on US servers because of GOA, I played there because the guild I was in at that time had come from the US servers of UO and I had been in the guild for a few years.)

Hard to say what the GOA servers are like of course, because currently its beta and the very nature of beta is that servers will go up and down. However, we certainly havent had to wait a week for patches, patches so far generally have either happened on the same day as US, or the day after.

Does anyone still play Daoc? Are GOA still hopeless at running servers and do you still have to wait a week longer than the US for patches?

I've been playing DAoC for over 6 years now. Have played exclusively on the US servers for the last 6 months (because of low Euro server pop) and have 3 Lvl 50s on Mid Kay. My main is a RR6L3 Kobold Hunter.

Nothing beats DAoC RVR - there's nothing like the thrill of stealthing up on some n00b and then wtfpwning him with my arrows of d00m ;)

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but i've found the WAR preorder on Direct2Drive including all the benefits (open beta, head-start and in-game items). Same price as other etailers are selling the boxed version, but this way you won't be getting any delays.

Just about to order mine :D

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but i've found the WAR preorder on Direct2Drive including all the benefits (open beta, head-start and in-game items). Same price as other etailers are selling the boxed version, but this way you won't be getting any delays.

Just about to order mine :D

Edit:
Ok found this: http://www.direct2drive.co.uk/6/656...ine:-Age-of-Reckoning-UK-(Pre-Order)-Download

now can u answer the following:

that means i won't be getting any box? i will download the game and get the codes by email?
when they will let me start downloading? at the same day the open beta starts? or a few days before?
any idea what the file size is? if it's around 6 gb it might take me a long time to download with my connection... 2.5 (around 300 KB/S) mb only

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom