****** Official World of Tanks OcUK Clan ******

Soldato
I agree with you link.

All I want is the feeling that I made a difference. My w.r. is 52.4% which implies maybe about 3 to 4% of games I am the difference between a win and a loss. But when you get to be bottom tier in a T8 facing 3-5-7 it just makes you want to give up. One hit from the T10 takes half your hit points.

I used to really enjoy playing LTs with the difference vision could make, but when the best LTs in the game are MTs and all the vision maps have been replaced with Pacman replicas you just wonder WTF WG have done.

Soldato
To be fair the 3-5-7 format is better in respect that you don't get to see as many top tier tanks, it was brutal back in the day to face 5+ T10 tanks as a T8.

However, it also means there's more pressure on top tanks to perform, it seems most games are 15 to 7 rollover wins/losses at best now. Without skill based element of MM, if you're unlucky to get potatoes as your top tier your fate is sealed more so than with previous MM. Actual close games just seem like the thing of the past frankly because of that.

Also got T-44 again today after also many years, hilarious how they buffed it so much and rest of the non premium mediums are frankly at garbage, 48% WR level on Vbaddict.

Balance is truly out the window now, it's literally World of Latest Meta Tanks at this point, if you want to be competivie you just need to make sure you grind the latest trees that are getting released or buffed after years or stagnation. Zero attempt to balance tanks in anticipation to changes

We all know where premium tanks are at also, vast majority are better than regulars and the very best you can't even buy in tech tree but need to spend money on. Honestly this isn't a game but simply an addiction that I need to kick at this point.

Soldato
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKTBCiBFSBg

Some news on maps for 1.0 in March release.

Nice to see 3 out of my 4 worst most hateful maps are out of rotation for the new 1.0

Kharkov
Stalingrad
Pilsen (redesign)

Just get Rid of Paris and I will be a happy bunny.

Oh and finally, Swamp is out of rotation...good riddance.

Usually was vising CT just to test some tank I wanted to buy.
However with the 1.0 patch on the CT, I have all my time there because of the much better graphics and map design...
I only grind 1 tank, so 1-2 battles per day is more than enough not to abandon it.... Yes is the IS-M -_-

Soldato
scjnsKS.jpg

Yet they still want to keep Widepark and frankly all the new maps in development look awful. Erlenberg is making the cut for some unknown reasons, map with 3 major choke points and ample cover from both sides to cover said points where teams spawn on different sides of the river. Their content from map point of view is an absolute joke at this point.

FTM

FTM

Soldato
amusingly I got messaged after a middling game in a t20 US light..saying I was a cheat and he was submitting a video

no idea why...I finished on 3 kills...two of which were the artillery their team had left wide open...was top 5 but nothing special

his main bone of contention seemed to be I was able to drive round the 2 artillery pieces and get 6 straight hits...do people forget you can lock on with right mouse button...you cant miss at 20 yards and a 3 rank crew?!

he kept saying BUE but I have no idea what he was on about as English wasn't his first language..I just put it down to it being a weekend

Soldato
I must clearly be getting worse because it's been a while since I've received a hate message! Back in the glory days of Bert I was getting them every two games or so :p

Associate
Came back to this after 2/3 weeks away from it and nothing has changed unsurprisingly. RNG still works against me constantly, especially in the T-44 at the moment which just takes constant module damage ever since coming back. Nobody else seems to fluff up a shot, aim in my general direction and they seem to get an auto-hit/pen regardless of gun where as I have to spend five shots getting the M4 Rev. to hit anything.

Started playing the Luchs though because I want to do the final mission for the Stug IV (LT15). Can't see myself doing it in the Luchs because everyone seems to be asleep and won't shoot spotted targets for some reason and it takes about 90% of the ammo in the Luchs to do more than 1K raw damage, but it's fun to drive around the map at 60KPH with everyone frantically trying to turn their turret towards me.

Associate
so close to uninstalling it this evening....Ranked battle, we lose a flank outnumbered 3 to 1, fall back, get shot by my own arty.....Team killed him and logged off...really toxic stuff of late and I think I am done...

FTM

FTM

Soldato
Came back to this after 2/3 weeks away from it and nothing has changed unsurprisingly. RNG still works against me constantly, especially in the T-44 at the moment which just takes constant module damage ever since coming back. Nobody else seems to fluff up a shot, aim in my general direction and they seem to get an auto-hit/pen regardless of gun where as I have to spend five shots getting the M4 Rev. to hit anything.

Started playing the Luchs though because I want to do the final mission for the Stug IV (LT15). Can't see myself doing it in the Luchs because everyone seems to be asleep and won't shoot spotted targets for some reason and it takes about 90% of the ammo in the Luchs to do more than 1K raw damage, but it's fun to drive around the map at 60KPH with everyone frantically trying to turn their turret towards me.

I have the last heavy mission to do...but I have no heavies capable of taking any hits or dealing much damage..I have a kv1s and vk and that's it! I just don't play heavies

and I need to 'orders' to complete the artillery line as I don't play them either so I can use them up!

Soldato

Yup the Lucs is fun, I have a leo with 3660 games on it.. the same gun originally until they added the better penetration cannon with 2 sec reload. With 800+ spotting and relay it also gets a load through assists.

I created a PzIC for kicks.. 40 shot auto loader and 640 rounds capacity it's just runs around firing..

Soldato
Good job, never got on with the SPIC personally, or the RU251 for that matter.

It's funny I get more out the of Leo/SPIC than I do the Ru. The Ru is like having a big shoot me sign that is large enough for anyone to snap shot at range without aiming :/ I have had some good battles but normally it's size is too large.

I have a german arty that is my cash maker - 9s reload and with lots of training/skills.

The other fun I have is the swedish TD line.. 103 is like rulette with 300+dmg or 0 dmg. The UDES03 is great fun with the big gun.. 400+dmg and 288pen is not to be sneezed at :D :D

Soldato
These private/veteran missions are doing my head in. Obviously you play T8+ to get them both done at the same time.

Endless 3/5/10 MM with my T8s being bottom tier.

So frustrating. Loss after loss. How the heck am I supposed to go up against Obj257s in a T8 medium.

Oh that's it waste money on gold ammo. I refuse to fire gold, just like I refuse to pay for premium. Maybe I'm my own worst enemy.

The last match. My T8 med was bottom tier in 3/5/10. Our top tier T10s were 43% 29k games, 45% 15k games and 41% 42k games.

Read that slowly - 41% after 42 THOUSAND GAMES. How hard can it be to ban bots with stats like that.

This game could be so amazing if it had some balance put back, they took cheaters seriously and they dealt with the toxic community.

They have an EU mod store now, can't they simply checks the excutables and just ban people running unauthorised mods?

All of this reminds me why I've been staying down at T3/4/5 recently - it's just so much more fun.

Soldato
Last game for me today - I can't take anymore.

Last game 3/5/7 bottom tier AGAIN. NO ONE ELSE on my team had more than 48% w.r. A sea of red. I came top damage done, top XP. We lost 15-1. I killed one tank, that was it.

They NEED TO share out the idiots. being roflystomped 15-1 is just no fun for anyone.

Soldato
Had a chill - then played one more - Erlenberg (campfest) in the STRV-103.

We had a T92 that scouted for his life. Great player, not that many games.

He set up about 5 kills for us TDs.

Ended up a nailbiter, me and a charioteer just managed to kill the last 2 tank before the time ran out.

I went to their base, he went to our base. He spotted and killed a one shot Type4 with about 20 seconds to go, I spotted their arty with 10 seconds left. I'd loaded HE (really pleased with myself for that move) and one shotted the arty, I would not have had time to reload and AP would have been a 50:50.

That game, almost makes up for the preceding 5 which included the following delightful chap (DC) who contacted me after in chat.... I'd circled him in his HT in my Type59 keeping him tracked and killed him from 100%.

Transcript (heavily *****d)

DC (17:15:54) premium **** noob
Hodders (17:17:50) LOL - didn't fire any gold. Beaten in a T9 by a T8 - your salty tears are delicious.
Hodders (17:18:04) P.S. try to get to bed earlier, you'll be less of a Mr Grumpy Pants.
DC(17:22:56) shut up premium barsteward
Hodders (17:24:10) Oh, you really are Mr Grumpy Pants. Early to bed for you. Nice cup of cocoa and a bedtime story and see if you can be Mr. Happy in the morning.
Hodders (17:26:46) As for Premium tanks - I notice you have a fine collection of gold tanks (he must have had 15 or so). If you get rid of Mr. Grumpy your stats (45% w.r. after some 18k battles) might be better as well !
DC(17:28:51) shut up premium ******* you ******* c-bomb
Hodders (17:29:12) Now Now, looks like My Potty Mouth has come out to play. Your Mum will be very cross with her little diddums.
DC(17:31:51) Ive reported you, youll get band now hahaha you c-bomb barsteward mother ******

It is stunning how toxic it can get..... I normally don't even respond to post battle messages, but this one caught me in the right mood.

Associate
@Hodders I see what you mean.

Only just logged on and the first 2 games have been a typical weekend affair, actually worse than normal. Certainly doesn't fill me with confidence :rolleyes:

A reason I have the chat switched off.

Back
Top Bottom