** Official World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Thread **

Associate
I used to play on RC Horde during early WOTLK/TBC, shame there are so many alliance guilds on RC that are top end raiding compared to Horde side (have played on both factions)

i only really came back to play with friends never played horde so rolled one, now the guild is growing and we're considering 10 man raids, so really enjoying it again like

Soldato
Buy the 397 Wrists / Boots. I did a bit of PvP leveling, so bought the 390 ilvl Back + Ring. Other than that, just some cheap PvP items from the Auction House. Was doing the newest dungeons within an hour. Got through 2 of them so far, then logged off.

I assume I'll probably be doing LFR either tonight/tomorrow!

The Dreamcatchers. Only as a social :)

Cool, seen them in chat a few times, I'm with Twilight myself, good bunch of peeps

And yeah LFR is faceroll, if you don't get some idiot on spine killing other tendons anyway lol

Saying that I'm finding normal faceroll now even in low gear

Soldato
I'm working on the Loremaster achievement at the minute. Halfway through the burning crusade zones, having finished the Cataclysm and Northrend zones already.

Doing it on my Death Knight too, so more of a challenge having skipped 55 levels. Will also allow me to get some mounts/pets with some factions that I never had before.

Bloody hell.

But whatever works for you heh :)

Soldato
Working on Loremaster too, just have Kalimdor left. Really can't be bothered anymore.. lol. I'm just doing one zone every other day.

Also, I finally collected all my PvP gear and it seems 80% of it is actually better than my PvE gear? My PvE gear is only heroic/JP gear. So should I use some PVP gear as the upgrades are pretty huge.

Associate
I'm working on the Loremaster achievement at the minute. Halfway through the burning crusade zones, having finished the Cataclysm and Northrend zones already.

Doing it on my Death Knight too, so more of a challenge having skipped 55 levels. Will also allow me to get some mounts/pets with some factions that I never had before.

Surely no point in doing Loremaster multiple times with account-wide achievements in MoP?

Soldato
I'm not sure if loremaster will be account-wide, they said a few achievements will not be, but a lot will be account-wide.

Soldato
seems wow is getting even worse , aution house for bop items ( tier 3 , ashses alar for example)

blkmkt04.jpg

Associate
They gave an idea of what would be account-wide, I think. Stuff like '3000 quests completed' or '250,000 kills' would be character specific, stuff like 'Loremaster' and 'What a Long Strange Trip it's Been' would be account-wide. That how I interpreted it anyway.

Soldato
Loremaster is the example they gave:

Account-Wide Achievements
Let’s consider Loremaster of Kalimdor.

Character A completes Ashenvale Quests for a toast and 10 points.
If Character B then completes Ashenvale Quests, they will get the toast, but not 10 more points. (It is NOT a new achievement for the account.)
If Character B then completes Felwood Quests, he gets a toast and 10 points. (It is a new achievement for the account.)
If Character A never completes Felwood Quests, he will not get a toast, but the achievement will show that the account has the achievement. (It is NOT a new achievement for the account.)
Loremaster of Kalimdor is a meta achievement, so it is account only. If we assume that Character A complete half of the Kalimdor quest achievements and Character B completes the other half, then Loremaster of Kalimdor will give a toast for whichever character is logged on at the time. The account will get 10 points.
Any new characters will continue to get toasts (but not points) for doing Felwood Quests or whatever, but . No character on that account will ever see a toast for Loremaster of Kalimdor again.

Associate
I'm not sure if loremaster will be account-wide, they said a few achievements will not be, but a lot will be account-wide.

Sure Loremaster is the exact reason achievements are going account wide?

seems wow is getting even worse , aution house for bop items ( tier 3 , ashses alar for example)

blkmkt04.jpg

Why does that make it worse? I really like that change and I don't even play anymore.

Soldato
Isn't it about time WoW carries out a server consolidation? All the people I used to play with constantly say that some if not most of the servers are dropping like flies.

Back
Top Bottom