****** Official World of Warships Thread ******

Associate
Hi guys - I'll sort out invites next time I'm in game.

We hit 5000 oil and enabled a 10% discount on battleship repairs. I think the plan is to get a 10% discount on cruiser repairs as they seem to be the next most used.

Associate
Well WG have lost the plot with the new Halloween event as the economy is completely messed up since a loss means you have to pay full repair and rearm costs for the ship meaning that with an income of just over 20000 credits for a loss on any of the ships, there's normally a total income loss of around 15000 credits since it costs over 40000 credits for repair and rearm.

Soldato
That's a little annoying....

But I got 3 pumpkin crates on my first win onthe Halloween event, and one of them contained 1.5 million credits... so, all's good :D

(Besides, my Shiny Pony is a credit making machine anyway!)

Soldato
Is anyone else finding matchmaking to be... awful, since this last patch?

Driving my tier 5's, I get put in a mostly T7 and T6 match = end result, get smashed. So I take out my stock T7 Nagato, and get dumped into a tier 9 match.

4 defeats in a row due to being double-tier uptiered makes you just stop playing the game. Not sure how this helps with having players playing?

Soldato
I used to get that with Matchmaking all the time when I was playing regularly a few months back. Made anything beyond tier 5 hugely unfun. I don't get why they did it either, there always seemed to be enough players online for there to be absolutely no reason to do it.

Caporegime
I'm leveling up t5 Russian DD and its so disgusting vs T7 ships i might rage quit.... Its really a hideous ship. I would be ok vs t5 but not t7 there are too many formidable ships in t7.

Associate
Yea matchmaking has been brutal for a while for T5 and T8's really. Oh and stock Nagato is truely bad, once upgraded she is a great BB.

Khaba is worth the Russian DD grind. It is the only ship I have bought perminant camo for as its the perfect cruiser :D

Soldato
I'm leveling up t5 Russian DD and its so disgusting vs T7 ships i might rage quit.... Its really a hideous ship. I would be ok vs t5 but not t7 there are too many formidable ships in t7.
Sounds like the issue I had with the base Omaha. Out gunned, out armoured, out manoeuvred and out ranged against pretty much anything. Grinding to the Cleveland was painful. Got bored of. Playing before i got through the Cleveland to the tier 7 though.

Sure I'll pick it up again some time.

Associate
Unfortunately when they changed matchmaking to protect the low tiers, it meant that T5's got completely shafted as the can no longer see T4's.

I used to love trolling around in my Murmansk but now it has become a dusty never used ship due to the fact of the matchmaker.

Soldato
Anyone else doing the clan battles? Was skeptical about removing CV's for clan battles but the new format is quite fun so far. Though similar thing is happening with the same set ups being used by most clans, particularly now got into the Typhoon league.

T5 matchmaking has been a mess for a long time now, basically given up playing any of my T5 premiums. I dont mind T8 as i feel most ships can hold their own at t10.

Soldato
What clan are you guys in? I dont remember ever coming across a ocuk clan?
I am in wjde clan atm but if i see any of you guys in game i will give you a shout out ;)

Anyone seen this yet?
Earlgrey has his tongue is firmly in cheek :D

Last edited:
Soldato
T5 matchmaking has been a mess for a long time now, basically given up playing any of my T5 premiums. I dont mind T8 as i feel most ships can hold their own at t10.

Yeah T5 MM can sometimes be awful, but a strong ship can hold its' own reasonably well, I never feel like I'm too badly done to in my Konig. (However, if I get in a T7 match in the Emerald, I may as well just quit and save my time!)

I seem to have the opposite experience to you at T8 though. Granted I only have Bismarck and North Carolina, but when facing ships with almost 2x the health and stronger guns and armour, it felt like an insult - So much so that I sold the North Carolina, because I simply didn't have 1 fun game driving her.

The noobs are coming to low tiers as the game will soon be released on steam.. Anyone up for some seal clubbing?

Ohhhh my St Louis hears you LOUD and clear! :D Trying to decide what 4pt captain skill to go for, whether to try HE inertia fuses on her or whether to get something else. Thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom