***Official Wrath of the Lich King Thread***(Contains spoilers)***

I also think it's laughable that UO is a 'real mmo' and WoW is not, simply because there's instanced dungeons in it despite having a far higher population count, both overall and in actual realm activity/proximity. There's nothing like Ironforge or Shattrath in UO.

Not anymore, no. However, in its day Britain, Moonglow etc. and later on Luna all seemed equally, if not more, busier and alive than IF/SW ever do.

The point of no instancing is to force interaction between people. Guilds shouldnt be taking turns to down bosses, you're right. They should be fighting for the chance to do it, then defending from other guilds while they try to down it.

Basically turning it in to a UO Champ or Harrower spawn. PvE would still exist in exactly the same way, it just wouldnt be so unbelievably hand held.

Dont get me wrong, I enjoy WoW - Or did, until the pre-expansion blues set in. It is just never going to be half the game Ultima Online was imo, almost down to instancing alone.

Dont get me wrong, I enjoy WoW - Or did, until the pre-expansion blues set in. It is just never going to be half the game Ultima Online was imo, almost down to instancing alone.

Well i dont think so not instancing alone, reason it was great was you could do whatever the hell you wanted. you could steal things from other players you had ingame houses which you could develop you could do no combat at all if desired and just be a miner or talior watever.

There was hardly any limits I think thats why it was great it means you could define your character a lot more than you can in WoW and any other mmo out. Also the "there is no levels" thing was great none of this ZOMG IM LVL 80 FIRST YOUR ALL NOOBS !!!! kinda thing. it was dependant on how much effort you put in. great times meh.

In the mean time I enjoy WoW roll on wotlk :D

Well i dont think so not instancing alone, reason it was great was you could do whatever the hell you wanted. you could steal things from other players you had ingame houses which you could develop you could do no combat at all if desired and just be a miner or talior watever.

There was hardly any limits I think thats why it was great it means you could define your character a lot more than you can in WoW and any other mmo out. Also the "there is no levels" thing was great none of this ZOMG IM LVL 80 FIRST YOUR ALL NOOBS !!!! kinda thing. it was dependant on how much effort you put in. great times meh.

In the mean time I enjoy WoW roll on wotlk :D

Of course, there was all that as well - I had some of my best times on UO stealing from peoples houses in the old days.

Pre-AoS UO will never be repeated, and as sad as it is it actually makes me sad that a lot of the kids playing WoW these days never got to experience it.

Never once did I log in feeling like I had to grind to achieve something. Not once. I just logged on to experience the world.

But indeed, until Darkfall is upon us (if ever) WoW is an enjoyable, if watered down, experience :)

Guys, please don't bring this off topic. If you want to talk if the game is better than whatever other game, great, but this thread is for info on the game... not a "it is better than but worse than" thread :)

Sorry if that sounds bossy, but I just don't want the thread to get bogged down is all :)

Guys, please don't bring this off topic. If you want to talk if the game is better than whatever other game, great, but this thread is for info on the game... not a "it is better than but worse than" thread :)

Sorry if that sounds bossy, but I just don't want the thread to get bogged down is all :)

nah your right :) *sheads a tear for UO*

NOW back on to topic, inscription ! comeone has anyone lvled it on PTR yet how easy is it ? is it worth it ?

NOW back on to topic, inscription ! comeone has anyone lvled it on PTR yet how easy is it ? is it worth it ?

Hmm, I am not sure if "worth it" can be defined:

It is a great profession (allows you to equip one more glyph than everyone else I believe).

Problem is EVERYONE of the professions in the game rocks now, Jewel crafters can make amazing trinkets, doing mining gives you 500 HP, skinning increases crit, tailoring even gives you a chance of getting 300 attack power on a cloak!

NOW back on to topic, inscription !

I thought that inscription reference was a joke at first ;)

But indeed, I'd be interested to know that as well. Or, with the new JC design distribution system - Is JC'ing no longer the gold mine it once was?

I'm really in a jam about what to do about my professions. Currently 375 Alch/Engineering.
I've seen nothing other than the new motherbike mount that engineers get which is leading me to want to drop it. but then i would miss my flying machine and mote extractor (assuming it still works in wotlk)
So i'm tempted to drop Alch but then i will have to actually pay for pots and take up Mining for gold.
JC seems nice too been tempted to go it for a while

I'm really in a jam about what to do about my professions

This is a good thing surely? :)

Professions in WoW have generally been pretty useless, with some giving access to 'must have' items (such as tailoring at the start of TBC), whilst others were totally unfulfilling or unprofitable. They are making sure all professions now have something to be jealous of, making the choice of which one to take more meaningful.

This is a good thing surely? :)

Professions in WoW have generally been pretty useless, with some giving access to 'must have' items (such as tailoring at the start of TBC), whilst others were totally unfulfilling or unprofitable. They are making sure all professions now have something to be jealous of, making the choice of which one to take more meaningful.

Too True. Pre-BC i was Skining/LW for Ony Cloaks and the lol fire res gear.
BC basically constantly Alch/Herb till i got my Epic Flyer and a few k gold then dropped herb for Engineering.

So tempted to Mine/JC but dont wanna lose Mote Extractor not too fussed on mount as i only ever use flight form anyway

ive managed to transfer a premade feral 80 onto the beta realms now so will let u know what its like at level 80, i transfered my 70 feral over and its pretty easy to level think i did 70-71 in like 6-8 hours which is pretty good, and havent tried tanking yet.

will let u know what its like

ive managed to transfer a premade feral 80 onto the beta realms now so will let u know what its like at level 80, i transfered my 70 feral over and its pretty easy to level think i did 70-71 in like 6-8 hours which is pretty good, and havent tried tanking yet.

will let u know what its like

Thanks a lot mate

Back
Top Bottom