***Official Wrath of the Lich King Thread***(Contains spoilers)***

To fix this open your fave torrent program, open the torrent file located in the Updates folder (for vista this will be in c:\users\public\public docs\blizzard or something) and download the second file, its only about 70mb. Delete the original .mpq.part2 and rename the downloaded file to the same name (this should only mean adding a .part2 on the end). Run WoW so the blizz downloader starts and wham the whole thing checks out fine.

Tempted to level herbalism from 0-375 in the next week, and then give alchamy to one of my alts.

Anyone have any idea how long this will take me to level up??

Which one? Alchemy is exceptionally easy to level up compared to (say) Blacksmithing, assuming you have a bit of gold to get herbs from the AH. Herbalism is very easy as well (much easier than mining) but like all gathering professions will take a little bit of wandering about, preferably during off peak hours.

EDIT - with the Inscription profession coming, low-level herbs from the AH may well be somewhat inflated in price these days. Not sure as I haven't checked recently.

Can't decide weither to get herbalism on my main or alchemy.

The WOTLK Alchemy buff is awsome:

Mixology is a new passive bonus gained by alchemists learned from a profession trainer at skill level 50. It increases the stat bonus of elixirs by 25% and the duration by 100% (elixirs last 2 hours). It increases the stat bonus of flasks by 50% and the duration by 100% (flasks last for 4 hours). It has no effect on potions.

Will aid me a lot, so i might have to add herbalism to my rogue :P

But ofc from leveling herbalism i can level my alchemy really really easily :)

I'm 375 enchanting

The ring enchants are really reallly good. WOTLK ones are even better.

TBH u need a gathering skill on ** main or alt to make anygold.

I don't have one on any of my char and its a massive problem.

On my priest I have Enchanting and tailoring. I am *highly* considering nuking tailoring though, but not sure if I can bring myself to after putting so much work in to leveling it up.

I have a level 53 rogue currently, which has mining/skining and a warlock at 47(I think) with herbalism, so I guess I could level them to get my mats, problem is I think I will be a little lazy (read not enough time) and won't really have the time to raid, and farm... maybe I should just get herbalism on my DK with Inscription.

Having said tha, the 64 attack power (combined from 2 rings being enchanted) is really nice, as is the almost 500 Health you can also put on them, but honestly enchanting was a horrible profession to level, I really hated going through it with my priest.

GAH! So hard to know which one to go with :(

I can't believe the top guilds when they get the best gear will go through each profession to get all of the self enchants, jewels, and whatever else they need :eek:

I can't believe the top guilds when they get the best gear will go through each profession to get all of the self enchants, jewels, and whatever else they need :eek:

They actually do that :eek: holy crap im glad im not in a high end guild. That must be the most time consuming boring piece of crap to ever do in a game for all of a couple extra stats.

Tempted to level herbalism from 0-375 in the next week, and then give alchamy to one of my alts.

I leveled herbalism 0 - 375 last week, didn't take too long at all.

If you have an epic land/flying mount shouldn't be too hard to do.

Took me about 3-4 nights just casually doing little bits.

On my priest I have Enchanting and tailoring. I am *highly* considering nuking tailoring though, but not sure if I can bring myself to after putting so much work in to leveling it up.

I have a level 53 rogue currently, which has mining/skining and a warlock at 47(I think) with herbalism, so I guess I could level them to get my mats, problem is I think I will be a little lazy (read not enough time) and won't really have the time to raid, and farm... maybe I should just get herbalism on my DK with Inscription.

Having said tha, the 64 attack power (combined from 2 rings being enchanted) is really nice, as is the almost 500 Health you can also put on them, but honestly enchanting was a horrible profession to level, I really hated going through it with my priest.

GAH! So hard to know which one to go with :(

You get magic carpets and cloak enchants from tailoring as well as the usual overpowered BoP crafted cloth gear. I'm definitely keeping it, with the second profession changing to inscription and herbalism being gathered with my alt.

I mean... magic carpets! Who can resist?

I have to be honest, I don't eally like the look of the Magic Carpet.

On the other hand, I think that had vastly reduced how powerful the tailored stuff is this time around, as the Frozen Shadow Weave set was far to strong. Blizzard actually planned on nerfing it half way through tbc, but people was ready to murder them after spending all the time and gold farming for it, so they crumbled and didn't go through with the change :p

I leveled herbalism 0 - 375 last week, didn't take too long at all.

If you have an epic land/flying mount shouldn't be too hard to do.

Took me about 3-4 nights just casually doing little bits.

Pre-BC I sold my services to guildies to level herbalism for them. 1g per level and would only take me around 3 hours to get 1-300 I also did it for Enchanting once which was stange seeing as he was only buying mats aswell. Plus i got to play there characters which was a nice change from my own and helped fund my repairs.

I can do 1-375 casually in 1 night with some music on.

The guild will generally pay for this though.

Most MH/BT guilds have about 10k gold in the bank. Let alone one estabished or SWP guilds. Thing Method have been selling t6 for 3500g - 9k g and bear mounts for 6.5k g and have been for about 4-5months now.

So no doubt they have over 200k gold. But they pay for all pots, repairs, mats, respecs everything for there members.

A mate of mine, got paid by his guild to respec as a leatherworker. So he could use drums of haste on the casting DPS (hes a mage). They paid for all the mats ext, gave him 1k gold. and Gave him prio on loot. All for doing that for the guild.

Pre-BC I sold my services to guildies to level herbalism for them. 1g per level and would only take me around 3 hours to get 1-300 I also did it for Enchanting once which was stange seeing as he was only buying mats aswell. Plus i got to play there characters which was a nice change from my own and helped fund my repairs.

I can do 1-375 casually in 1 night with some music on.

thats mental!

I did my enchanting from 315-375 in 1 evening. Cost me about 4.5k gold just for them levels. (was a crap server with high costs on AH imho)

Back
Top Bottom