***Official Wrath of the Lich King Thread***(Contains spoilers)***

I heard the patch day was tomorrow? =\
Just seen the patch is released in the US on Tuesday - however the patch release day is one day forward from the US - so Wednesday it is ;)

Last edited:
Turnip, that depends - are you a raider? PVPER? Do you play seriously?

I plan to not play much myself and just kind of relax, I want to take a little time off ready for WOTLK as I need to be to 80 as quick as possible, since I will be 25 levels behind everyone else, and need to do my professions, and god knows what else because I am needed as a Death Knight (not that I mind).

If you already have level 70's, do a bit of farming, if you don't then start leveling them pretty much.

I just recently got 60 and I'm waiting for this weeks patch for the xp reduction - then going full pelt for 70 for the Lich King release... think I can do it? :p

Sure you could... but I have a life and a job :p

Recruit a friend makes it easy.

OR, keep getting instances boosts, in dead mines, stockades, uldaman, that kind of thing.

Makes you level up very quickly, assuming you have someone who will keep running you (or you have 2 wow accounts and boosting yourself).

I hate leveling though honestly, and I take ages to do it (or it seems like it).

I don't mind seeing the content the first time around, but after that and I feel :(

Recruit a friend makes it easy.

OR, keep getting instances boosts, in dead mines, stockades, uldaman, that kind of thing.

Makes you level up very quickly, assuming you have someone who will keep running you (or you have 2 wow accounts and boosting yourself).

I hate leveling though honestly, and I take ages to do it (or it seems like it).

I don't mind seeing the content the first time around, but after that and I feel :(
Oh sure if you were doing it that way - but I'm a casual WoW player - I just reached 60 after about a year of subscription :p

Just wondering, what should I be doing in preparation for the Lich King?

Work on your PVP/DPS kit, all of it will help for leveling, i'm currently leveling all my professions and making sure all my charactors have decent dps kit.

Being a prot warrior, i've been taking a lot of offspec drops in MH/BT, also been going SSC/TK pugs at the weekend as DPS.

I'm a casual player. My alt is a druid which I'm levelling atm. I have no rested XP (get maybe 2 blocks between logins). I play from 9-11 (11.30). WIthout help I'm doing a level every 3 hours ish (I'm 57 now). No boosting or instance running. All you need I've found is a quest helper and have a read of James levelling guide on wowpro.

If you stop the flying/running around you can get the levelling done serously quickly. And once you hit outland then the XP goes up massively and the quest rewards/xp are so much better. I'm looking forward to the changed XP as it gives me more of a chance to be close to 70 for WOLK.

exactly, dont think ill hit 70 on my four chars for another 6 months.

life over wow

A lot of players who hit 70 (especially in a lot of serious guilds) only have one character.

I nly played one character for ages, and then got bored recently waiting for WOTLK, and people said they were bored too so helping me boost constantly :/ got bored of that too though so far, so I am just twiddling my thumbs waiting now :p

I've got a lvl 61 Human Warrior. I haven't done a raid before and I'm helping my GF catch me up (shes just under lvl 47) so we can level to 70 together. Is there a benefit of being lvl 70 before WOTLK? We aint on a PVP server, just PVE.

I only play on a PVE server too :)

The only benefit is that you have less XP to get. If you are playing a hunter (either of you) then you can tame the exotic pets now in places like un'goro crater.

Once you both hit 60, you will find the amount of XP per level is lowered (as in the amount needed)

MORE INFO IN THE CHANGES IN THE CONTENT PATCH

http://www.mmo-champion.com/

Im quite looking forward to this patch. A lot of WoW stuff still goes over my head. Lots of reading to do methinks!

Would love to get into raiding when we are similar levels. I suppose we'd need to get into a guild?

Im quite looking forward to this patch. A lot of WoW stuff still goes over my head. Lots of reading to do methinks!

Would love to get into raiding when we are similar levels. I suppose we'd need to get into a guild?

Yes, that is correct.

Depending on the guild, (how hardcore it is) will ask you to do a variety of things, you might need to tank, or be DPS, and so on.

The GREAT thing is that now all game raids are 10 and 25 man, so guilds like my own are going to stop with the 25 mans till later, and do 10 mans for a while for fun and just to enjoy the game before worrying about the 25 man stuff.

I suppose we'd need to get into a guild?

Being in a guild can open a lot of doors to you, particularly in terms of grouping and instance runs. Why don't you put something in the guild recruitment channel (which you should automatically join if you're unguilded) saying you want to join a medium sized, mature, casual guild? You can also put something similar on your official realm forum. If you decide you want to play more seriously, you can move on later.

Back
Top Bottom