***Official Wrath of the Lich King Thread***(Contains spoilers)***

It is great later on, it is just the early part that is a pain... If you wait for the drops it is slow because you can't really make money as you are using the materials to enchant, unless you enchant for money which means you have to spam trade.

At least that is how it is on my server, it might be better now as it has matured a little in age (in other words, guilds have progressed further) but I remember the experience being extremely annoying.

I recently got mongose to drop with my priest, and realized that I need a need enchanting rod because the other one I have (which does fine for all my other 375 enchants) isn't the one required, and the materials required for the other one includes tons of primals :/

You need to have the patience of a saint and a LOT of spare time to hit 375 with fishing. Having said that, I'm glad I have one character with it maxed out.

Fishing is still a ball ache to level now but not nearly as bad as before. was like 1 fish a skill at 200. got pretty mental but I'm kinda glad i got it all out the way a long time ago

I thought enchanting was awesome for making money coz you can disenchant all the crap blues and greens (and epics) and sell the mats?

This used to be the case back when Large Prismatics would flog for loads of money and you could shatter only one void crystal per day. What caused the bottom to fall out of the market is:

1. Allowing unlimited void shatters. Void crystals are 10 a penny so prices of LPS have plummeted
2. Daily quests giving greens as reward - this seems to have knocked the price of arcane dust right down.

Basically if you get lucky with a Mongoose drop (THE biggest selling premium enchant) you might make some cash from it, but it's not *that* rare these days. If you replaced your time spamming /trade to sell it with time doing dailies, you'd surely make more cash.

/2 trade: Enchanter selling [Mongoose] [Enchant Boots - Vitality] [Enchant weapon - Major Healing]

5 mins later:

/2 trade: Enchanter selling [Mongoose] [Enchant Boots - Vitality] [Enchant weapon - Major Healing]

noob whispers: how much?
To noob: 10 gold with your mats, xxx for mine
Noob Whispers: LOL I am not going to pay for you to enchant my stuff

OR

Noob whispers: Hey can you disenchant my stuff for me?
/opens trade and puts 1 million items for me to disenchant before I respond
noob whispers: PLEASE! I will pay you 1 copper per item you disenchant!

i think for wotlk i'm going to hit up herbalism and either almchemy/inscription.

i keep getting a weird error on the patch though. it gets to a certain percent and then the downloader crashes. going to try the fix at the top of the page.

Yes, it is the same issue most people get... it is one file that doesn't download for whatever reason. I actually fixed it by relaunching the download a few times manually.

Interestingly, mine didn't even start automatically anyways, and even to start the patch I had to launch it manually, despite the fact it was telling me a patch would be downloaed when I next quit WOW.

I've got Fishing and cooking to 300+ each.

Fishing is a PITA. Took me a good 8+ hours playtime to get to it.

Cooking is easy :) Took me a day(2/3 hours) to get to 300+

I fish when i have some free time, as i can make gold from it, but not a lot atm, i need more fishing skill.

Enchanting wise - Exe makes about 10g a enchant - Sunfire - 15g - Major healing - 5-7g depending on mood.

Enchanting doesn't make a lot of gold. But i sit there spamming channels while waiting for raids usually make about 30g in a hour.

Decided to level my cooking and fishing from 0-375 last week, wish i had done them at the same time, would have saved a lot of time. fishing 300-375 takes about 10-15 fish per level, and each fish can take 0-22 seconds per cast. so yeah takes a while! but apparently in wotlk there are some cool fishing things!

now just gonna sit back and wait for wotlk to be released, maybe try killing some newly nerfed bosses for achievements but otherwise gonna be taking it easy!

Decided to level my cooking and fishing from 0-375 last week, wish i had done them at the same time, would have saved a lot of time. fishing 300-375 takes about 10-15 fish per level, and each fish can take 0-22 seconds per cast. so yeah takes a while! but apparently in wotlk there are some cool fishing things!

now just gonna sit back and wait for wotlk to be released, maybe try killing some newly nerfed bosses for achievements but otherwise gonna be taking it easy!

There still a bunch of active guys on Shattered Halls?

To you guys talking about fishing, It gets nerfed this patch, it takes half the time to level.

good to hear, I'm level 66 and my fishing & cooking skills are level 1. :)

my main profs:

Enchanting = level 16
Tailoring = level 12

barely even used them, need to use a 1-375 guide and get that sorted.

I was using Heavy Linen bandages until level 57. :/

Back
Top Bottom