***Official Wrath of the Lich King Thread***(Contains spoilers)***

Well UI's/mods are personal, however not essencial to raiding, but make life one hell of a lot easier. as a raid leader, if someone turns up and does their job. i really dont care what their screen looks like.

Also, you dont need to raid "just to play the game". Raiding is just the endgame content

Well I've had a good 2yr playing WoW but I just uninstalled it and my subscription runs out soon so I feel it's time to call it a day. :)

Whilst WOTLK has some nice improvements I can't help but feel it's just more of the same, I've put a lot of time into the Burning Crusade and now Blizzard have basically just picked us all up from near the finish line and plonked us back at the beginning to repeat the race with different scenery.

Hopefully my will power can hold out. :o

can i haz your stuff ?

:D

a lot of my addons are to tell my performance. I have tps monitors so i know that i'm causing as much threat as poss.

Also DPS/healing metres so i can see whos slacking. Also buff monitors. It all helps when leading a raid.

I prefer the look of my ui over the original one. The original one is very very taccy. And they havn't bothered to change it as everyone uses addons to replace it.

The starting place that i started on was Mirage UI.

hmm, have to say I'm liking the look for wotlk. I quit wow a few months ago after seeing all the sunwell content, and haven't really missed it, until now. Going to have to consider coming back. Though might go for my hunter instead of my shadow priest..

I could write mouse over macros for all my spells and put up with the shocking lack of information on the default raid frames, or I could install 2 add ons and spend 5 mins setting them up.

It's a no brainer.

Not all guilds have add on requirements either. But I don't see anything wrong with improving the interface through add ons. None of mine do my job for me, but they allow me to do it quicker, from a better informed position. Nothing wrong with that.

Not all guilds have add on requirements either. But I don't see anything wrong with improving the interface through add ons. None of mine do my job for me, but they allow me to do it quicker, from a better informed position. Nothing wrong with that.

Agreed, when i get home i'll post my current UI for you. its nice and simple atm.

There is only one mod in my WoW folder and that is Healbot and I can raid just fine. Don't need to mess up the UI with unneeded junk.

..and yes I also have been getting a few disconnections. Usually when entering instances and using the **** portal.

Well I've had a good 2yr playing WoW but I just uninstalled it and my subscription runs out soon so I feel it's time to call it a day. :)

Whilst WOTLK has some nice improvements I can't help but feel it's just more of the same, I've put a lot of time into the Burning Crusade and now Blizzard have basically just picked us all up from near the finish line and plonked us back at the beginning to repeat the race with different scenery.

Hopefully my will power can hold out. :o

That's how I felt when TBC was released and my full epic Rogue was outgeared by every man and his dog after their first Outlands quest.

bhahah, obviously for anyone that doesn't know, it would say Glyph's need herbs to be made, if you have a herb gathering alt get on it now, get as much as you can and sell sell sell. I've made about 600G today in 10 minutes selling the herbs that my auctions had expired on, abut 5 mins of collecting while I haven't been crashing and what I had in the bank. its all going for insane money, 3-6 times as much as normal, sold a stack of goldthorn for 90G right now which seems to have been going for I guess around 25-35g lately depending on how much was on the AH. trying without any addon's allthough everything I had been using was "supposed" to be 3.0.2 compatible versions. will have to see how it goes but longer than usual without a crash so far.

another damn crash, what are the standards for a dodgey crashing wow client. delete wtf, cache, interface folders, done that, worked for a while but just had a crash where screen froze but sound kept playing for quite a while then I rebooted. With task manager up I hadn't noticed a memory leak, the crashed client was using 0% cpu and not responding. Was on default startup graphics settings which are fairly low, except higher res and windowed. Really not got a clue where to start :(

I did try the new ati drivers, though I'm sure I tried after the first crashes, might go back to the 8.9's see if they are less bad for this.

That's how I felt when TBC was released and my full epic Rogue was outgeared by every man and his dog after their first Outlands quest.

Well I achieved far more than I aimed for in BC, 7/8 T6, bear mount, killed Illidan etc. but the time this game eats up is just something else, it just seems futile to put the same amount of effort in to have it all eventually wiped out again.

I've thought about rolling another class and just playing it casually instead but is casual even possible in WoW? :p

Well I achieved far more than I aimed for in BC, 7/8 T6, bear mount, killed Illidan etc. but the time this game eats up is just something else, it just seems futile to put the same amount of effort in to have it all wiped out again.

I've thought about rolling another class and just playing it casually instead but is casual even possible in WoW? :p

Servers down :(

40mins, first 2 in BT down

Was just running and pulling. DPS is insane. Naj was down before 2nd sheild. Supremus before 2nd run about!

Its crazy! just walking it like a heroic atm
don't wanna know what kz is like...

Back
Top Bottom