Olympic Tennis

Caporegime
laura isn't bad shes just inconsistent, some fantastic moments from her but she does need to work a making her tennis a bit more stable. I'm sure in a few years she will be a star tennis player in her own right.

I wasn't fond of her "I was just happy to get to the final" speech. I don't think truely top players ever have that attitude even when so young. Then again it's harsh on my part because I doubt she will ever be a top player. :)

Considering her abilities right now and murrays 40 minute break I think they did better than expected.

Soldato
I wasn't fond of her "I was just happy to get to the final" speech. I don't think truely top players ever have that attitude even when so young. Then again it's harsh on my part because I doubt she will ever be a top player. :)

Considering her abilities right now and murrays 40 minute break I think they did better than expected.

I actually think that will be coached out of her as you're right, it is irritating and not top level to shrug shoulders. She has so many assets and just looks a little lost in some
Areas of her game. She needs some tactics and help with mental constitution. Hopefully she will then be able to build on her powerful base strokes. she won't dominate like the Williams sisters but she has the chance of winning an open in the next 7 years in a fluctuating women's tennis.

Associate
I was at Center Court today. :D Amazing atmosphere, so happy that Murray won. The opening set for Mixed Doubles was so promising as well, shame they couldn't pull it off.

Soldato
We all as Brits laughed at this, whilst sipping on some tea and having our butlers feeds us crumpets. We then phoned up the queen (as she is on speed dial for all of us) and discussed this whole event (with it being planned and everything). And i did all of this whilst brushing my teeth with a sugar cane and wearing a top hat. - Cheerio Peasants.

Brilliant comment :D

Associate
The youtube comments are mad, I wondered how much Americans are upset about this so looked at some of US reporting. As yet it doesn't even get a mention on the mainstream news reports like CNN and Fox. All the negative stuff is a backlash against Serena Williams herself, seems a lot of people don't like her (some of it is just racist crap) and some are upset about the celebration dance she did: http://www.theblaze.com/stories/will-serena-williams-celebratory-‘crip-walk-hurt-her-image/

The big news headlines are unsurprisingly about the shooting at the Sikh temple in Wisconsin. Olympics news is mainly Bolt winning the 100m

Last edited:
Caporegime
The Americans really are funny:

Worst thing to happen (so far) during 2012, American flag falls down, Korean flag mixup.

Worst thing to happen during Atlanta 1996, Huge security failure, a bomb explodes kills 2 and injures 111 almost stopping the games totally.

But history has never been Americas strong point.

Associate
Worst thing to happen (so far) during 2012, American flag falls down, Korean flag mixup
and Serena Williams did the 'Crip Dance,' probably a terror plot by British Islamic extremist as well. See the youtube comments on the clip of the celebration, nasty stuff and much more of it than the flag incident.

Caporegime
Oh my, I’ve learnt quite a bit about America since the start of these games.

My overriding feeling is unless the Americans are centre stage they can't stand it, everything else in the world is rubbish, they do everything best.

What a bunch of morons, worst of all I really liked the USA.

Caporegime
I think the comments are lol, but you do have to remember that the Americans have an awful lot of respect for their flag and their anthem. They don't have a Royal family like us, or really any prestigious long history to draw national pride from. America is solely symbolised by the flag and the anthem, which is why they go absolutely ballistic whenever anything happens to either one.

Associate
Oh my, I’ve learnt quite a bit about America since the start of these games.

My overriding feeling is unless the Americans are centre stage they can't stand it, everything else in the world is rubbish, they do everything best.

What a bunch of morons, worst of all I really liked the USA.

Are you really going to base your opinions of a nation on youtube comments?

Back
Top Bottom