One reason a smoking ban in clubs is bad

Tru

Tru

Soldato
Come to think of it, obesity is eventually going to overtake smoking as a cause of death in this country. Should we ban these fat, smelly people from our pubs and clubs? I say yes, it's for their own good.

Associate
Even if OJ did cause cancer, my consumption wouldn't cause anyone else any cancer risk. Maybe someone drinking my wee would be endangered but thats an entirely different topic! :eek:

Anyway, can't clubs just install some kind of air fresher or scents to mask the BO?

Soldato
Fourstar said:
Even if OJ did cause cancer, my consumption wouldn't cause anyone else any cancer risk. Maybe someone drinking my wee would be endangered but thats an entirely different topic! :eek:

Anyway, can't clubs just install some kind of air fresher or scents to mask the BO?

you realise just how much you'd need to mask the BO of 1000 frantic drunk clubbers? the airfresheners would probably kill us before the BO lol

Associate
Tru said:
Come to think of it, obesity is eventually going to overtake smoking as a cause of death in this country. Should we ban these fat, smelly people from our pubs and clubs? I say yes, it's for their own good.
They are just harming themselves. Smoking harms everyone, and in nightclubs this could include staff, non-smokers and pregnant women.

Soldato
james.miller said:
you realise just how much you'd need to mask the BO of 1000 frantic drunk clubbers? the airfresheners would probably kill us before the BO lol
tbh air conditioners and proper cleaning of the building after each night and it wouldn't be that bad

JRS

JRS

Soldato
VeNT said:
just imagine it, 6 days a week, every week for two or three years?
talk about passive smoking!

Which is why it's being banned under workplace laws :) And I welcome it, at least I'll be able to go to my local pub and not come out smelling like an ashtray. When I worked in that pub I destroyed several T-shirts as I had to wash them so often....

***edit***

Bernard said:
Their choice though is it not, If i wanted to avoid smoke, the last place I'd work is a Pub/Club.

Heard that quote so many times now, and it's pretty much complete ********. You tell me where I can get casual work that I can pick up any time I go home from Uni, that pays well, allows me to retain some kind of social life and doesn't conflict with the other job that I do damn near full time now.

Last edited:
Soldato
Anti-perspirant. It's not exactly a difficult solution. I'd also rather not come home stinking of smoke from a club - I doubt I'd come home stinking of BO unless I was rubbing myself all over some sweaty skanks. That's reserved for a Friday night.

Permabanned
I rather smell sweat that passively smoke that crap which gives you lung cancer, destroys your teeth, makes you sterile, gives you heart disease, gives you emphysema, gives you bronchitis , gives you mouth cancer, harms pregnancy, promotes osteoporosis, causes aging of skin and causes strokes.

Do you prefer to smell sweat or get cancer?

Hitman
Permabanned
I've not noticed any bad smells any time I've gone out since the smoking ban in Scotland. In fact, it is much more pleasant, and it's possible to see things.

Man of Honour
Worthy said:
Yes, and they will also say we can't drink orange juice, because apparently that causes cancer now too doesn't it?
Does it! OMG I had a glass this morning. Oh no, I shall say my goodbyes to you all now as I haven't got long left. :D

Permabanned
Bernard said:
Their choice though is it not, If i wanted to avoid smoke, the last place I'd work is a Pub/Club.

This is to do with protecting workers health, that is more important than protecting rights of people who don't mind killing others as long as they can relax themselves with a cigarette.

Smokers still have a choice if smokers want to kill themselves they can do it freely in their homes or a local park.

Soldato
Jokester said:
So you believe we shouldn't take basic health and safety precautions at work becuase we all have a choice not to do that job?

Jokester
exactly,
firefighters shouldn't be protected from fires (with equipment etc) because ITS THEIR CHOISE TO DO THAT JOB!

Back
Top Bottom