Online coffee beans retailer

Man of Honour
Not had time to full investigate. I made a pour over coffee and the beans were ground to a far far higher quality and it tasted better but need to get my grips with it. Much cleaner to use, the other one was a sod for static.

Caporegime
Not had time to full investigate. I made a pour over coffee and the beans were ground to a far far higher quality and it tasted better but need to get my grips with it. Much cleaner to use, the other one was a sod for static.

Are you using it on the finest setting out of the box?

I saw Hoffmann's video and he said something about that you can choose which burr you want? or that they have changed to a different set of burr now than the one he reviewed over a year ago.

Man of Honour
Are you using it on the finest setting out of the box?
I am starting to work with different settings now, from finest (1) to mid fine (6) so far.

I need some better beans as the ones I have I don't rate (inbound as I type) and need to do some back to back testing but enjoying playing with it and it's a nicely made product. I have never really done the whole weighing the beans thing but started to do that now. My drink is usually 400ml of water in a mug so also working with 25grams of coffee but again will experiment with that too.

Soldato
/dons fireproof coffee snob jacket

IMG-20210915-134851-01.jpg

£20 for 2kg delivered

Caporegime
I am starting to work with different settings now, from finest (1) to mid fine (6) so far.

I need some better beans as the ones I have I don't rate (inbound as I type) and need to do some back to back testing but enjoying playing with it and it's a nicely made product. I have never really done the whole weighing the beans thing but started to do that now. My drink is usually 400ml of water in a mug so also working with 25grams of coffee but again will experiment with that too.

I only started weighing beans since i got my niche and now my coffee is far more consistent. Before it was almost a lottery if I choke the machine or not because the grinder is timed.

But I swing between espresso to V60 and stick to it for about 3months typically and change back. Just for a bit of variety.

Associate
I've settled on these as my go to beans now. So much better than the other Lavazza stuff I've tried not even a hint of bitterness. I know some will look down on them but I think there spot on.

Lavazza Coffee Espresso Tierra, Whole Beans, 1000g https://smile.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000S...abc_BN45EBZ6X0MHG8RRXZA4?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Have you tried:-

Lavazza Super Crema Coffee Beans (1kg) : Amazon.co.uk: Grocery

This is my emergency bean if I do not have any 'good' stuff in, very nice with roast dates on the bag.

Soldato
@Cadder

Just got cafe hormozi but through ebay. I like theio rbeans perfectly good coffee in my opinion and a fair chunk cheaper than most the suggestions here.

My Hormozi beans arrived today. Roasted 13/09/2021. Despite the advice to rest the beans I had to try them. The first dialling in shot was made with the Jamaican Blue Mountain blend - it was pretty near the mark in terms of an almost perfect bottomless portafilter shot (minimal channeling) and the time it took to fill a shot of espresso. It was quite bitter though so after a couple of sips I poured it out.

I went for a finer grind on the next, which improved the bottomless portafilter pour - however the channeling always comes a little later in the pour unfortunately. My single shot whole milk latte was really nice. My wife's double shot with a tiny bit of steamed semi-skimmed was lovely too. We're happy with the beans, however our hunt for the favourite will continue. I anticipate many more dial-ins to come.

Really can't stand the Costco beans now. San Francisco Bay, Colombian or even the Lavazza they sell - I won't be able to go back. If I am to have a supermarket/stale backup it will have to be one of the recommendations made in this thread.

Caporegime
My Hormozi beans arrived today. Roasted 13/09/2021. Despite the advice to rest the beans I had to try them. The first dialling in shot was made with the Jamaican Blue Mountain blend - it was pretty near the mark in terms of an almost perfect bottomless portafilter shot (minimal channeling) and the time it took to fill a shot of espresso. It was quite bitter though so after a couple of sips I poured it out.

I went for a finer grind on the next, which improved the bottomless portafilter pour - however the channeling always comes a little later in the pour unfortunately. My single shot whole milk latte was really nice. My wife's double shot with a tiny bit of steamed semi-skimmed was lovely too. We're happy with the beans, however our hunt for the favourite will continue. I anticipate many more dial-ins to come.

Really can't stand the Costco beans now. San Francisco Bay, Colombian or even the Lavazza they sell - I won't be able to go back. If I am to have a supermarket/stale backup it will have to be one of the recommendations made in this thread.

What does the beans look like? are they light roast or dark and shiny?

Back
Top Bottom