Only MAJOR overclockers need apply - survey!

Associate
ARGH!!! I can only get to 2.4Ghz with my XP-M 2500+ :( at 12x200 1.750v prime-stable. My GeIL 512MB PC3200 DDR RAM (with blue heatspreaders) only goes up to 210Mhz memtest86-stable. I'm afraid to up my vcore any further to try 2.5Ghz and I think the thing holding me back is my Shuttle SN45G as it doesn't allow me to change the VDIMM. If I try 210Mhz instead, I can only get to 2.310Ghz (11x210) prime-stable. It's a AYQHA CPU btw. If I could just get to 2.5Ghz, I would keep it there but since I can't, and 2.4Ghz doesn't offer much more performance than 2.2Ghz at stock vcore, then I'm just running it at 11x200 instead to keep the temp at the high-30s.

Soldato
weescott said:
Have I missed someone AGAIN? I have you at 14th in the A64 section.

yeh but i got a new board and chip since then. i posted just a couple of posts back a new screenie. :) 2.8ghz from my spec in sig. :)
311x9. 1mb pi stable. could probably get it stable at 2.8 actually if i stuck 1.6v through it. :)

tried for 2.9 but wont boot into windows. need some watercooling... :D

but its on air and at 1.52v. puts me in joint 8th. :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Dude! - just checked the table - looking good - but I really can't claim PI stable at that speed - that was screenshot only, then I had to sacrifice a chicken, 2 cows, and a small South American Mammal over the chip to get it to boot again! - no that I'm complaining :p Will try for PI when I feel brave/bored enough!

Soldato
OP
Picture magically appeared, bought some magnifiying glasses and table updated! :p

RE:clocking my 3700 Claw. I thought I killed another DFI board yesterday when it wouldn't get past the detecting array screen at boot up (been having a lot of freezing problems of late) at stock speeds. It didn't matter how many times I tried to re-boot or clear CMOS etc...it looked dead. Then I thought Hah - Ye olde Dodgy DFI SATA controler? moved SATA drives to port 3-4 and wahey it works. Looks like I fried the controller when overclocking. Could explain why I have been getting poor clocks from A64. Going to leave my PC at stock for a week before I try some MAJOR overclocking. :D

Soldato
Nice to see i'm still 15th on the axp table even a year later :) I remember getting gigher than 2750 but must not've got a screenie.

For some reason can't get over 3ghz again on this damn a64, managed to do that in the first week but after rebuiling i'm stuck :(

Suspended
I've got athlon 64 2800 (1.8 ghz stock)@ 260x9 2340. Had the chip as high as 2500mhz+ but i think it's my board giving up. 1.575 vcore, 3x htt., 5:6 divider on my ocuk value ram :D ram is @212 mhz. Might stick a dfi nforce3 250 on my shopping list!

Associate
Had a really good stable overclock a while ago on my mobile 2500 on air, 24hrs prime stable as you can see.

d123pw-hdfhd.JPG

was great in its day, didnt last for long though as it slowly went down hill after a few months, eventually i had to run it at 800Mhz to make it work and it wouldnt turn off ect, the board and chip are just sitting in a box now, never figured out which part broke (though im hoping it was the mobo, and it did all start after using an unofficial bios). Now moved onto better thing with my A64 winnie @ 10 x 240 2.5,3,3,6. still playing with this one though... :)

Soldato
didn't try prime, did manage an 8mb superpi as you can see but basically it goes a bit mental and starts dropping my onboard wifi, forgetting the time and all kinds of stuff..

This chip/board has such a sharp cutoff.. I run it everyday at 221fsb, bf2, farcry, superpi default Vs no probs. Goes up to 229 with 1.425v (1.4 standard) and 2.1v on the mem rather than 2v as it is now. 230 it gets V flakey, 231 boots then freezes and 232 POSTs but won't boot. No matter how much voltage is thrown at it, it'll go into the bios past 5ghz but never into windows :( always freezes at that first windows xp screen)

44.jpg

Back
Top Bottom