Opinion time please!

Caporegime
Selling the Boxster and toying with a few ideas. Don't need anything right now as I have another car and so does my partner, both of which fulfil general duties so there's no urgency.

Have a major v8 itch at the minute so the main contenders there are an AMG merc of some sort or SL500, m5, mustang or f-type.
Less interested in a convertible this time around though. Anything I'm missing off this list that I should consider?

I'm not interested really in buying new prefer a few years old but typically still within warranty period.

If I was to buy in a couple of months I would probably go up to 60k. There's no urgency though so could wait longer and potentially spend more for something more special however the only cars above this that interest me really are cayman gt4s and maybe the new m3.

Fire some ideas at me please!

Caporegime
OP
Trying to find a local LC500 isn't easy!
Driving a mustang this weekend.
Waiting for jaguar to get back to me about a v8 as they only have v6s nearby.
Seeing if I can get in to a cayman gts too.

Soldato
I would say basically everything in this price point with a V8 is more of a muscle / gt car anyway. Anything 'sportier' with a V8 is mid engined and either hundreds of thousands or 20 years old. A 991.1 Carrera S/4S is worth a go aswell, the engine is glorious and feels a lot faster than a Cayman GTS. You could try an R8 V8 but imo they feel slow nowadays.

Commissario
I would say basically everything in this price point with a V8 is more of a muscle / gt car anyway. Anything 'sportier' with a V8 is mid engined and either hundreds of thousands or 20 years old. A 991.1 Carrera S/4S is worth a go aswell, the engine is glorious and feels a lot faster than a Cayman GTS. You could try an R8 V8 but imo they feel slow nowadays.
An R8 V10 could be in budget though... ;)

Caporegime
OP

This is going to be very controversial but I can't stand the 911 looks. The rear profile just looks horrible to me!

Man of Honour
MK1 R8 V10 Plus for 60k.

Go find a good one and drive it. Proper special car if you can get past the badge snobbery and one of the finest road car engines ever made. Fairly bullet proof and still fresh and special and only going one way in value…..because I sold mine :D

You could go V8 but it’s not fast enough IMHO

Back
Top Bottom