Opinion time please!

Soldato
yes you can't beat a V8 sound and mine isn't quite as loud as this but it's close, the only drawback is a copper will hear me from miles away so i have to let rip out in the New Forest.
There's loads of Ferraris around her and others too because the Ferrari dealer is in Lyndhurst, so do you dear quite a lot of powerful cars but you don't want to hang around Lymington for too long flooring it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7hS09a0RjQ

Soldato
@Gibbo thanks for the opinions. One thing that does appeal to me about the mustang is the customisation/performance options. Spent a fair bit of time browsing what Steeda have to offer and it looks pretty good.
The emira is on the list but feel it's too close to the boxster with engine layout etc.
Had briefly looked at a 430 some time back and actually...they do seem an interesting prospect! Only downside is they'd be older than I'd like.

I think you really, really have to want a 430 for them to make sense. They feel ancient compared to something like an F type and the ones we used to run at my old job were incredibly unreliable. I can kind of see the appeal of an impeccably maintained manual one especially if you’re only going to use it on special occasions, but if I was looking for that type of car it would be very far down my list.

Caporegime
OP
I think you really, really have to want a 430 for them to make sense. They feel ancient compared to something like an F type and the ones we used to run at my old job were incredibly unreliable. I can kind of see the appeal of an impeccably maintained manual one especially if you’re only going to use it on special occasions, but if I was looking for that type of car it would be very far down my list.

Pretty much my thoughts on it actually. I had a brief scan but never really added them to the list.

Caporegime
OP
So, yet another update to this.

Called Jag. Asked to take an F-Type out (although I know they've only got 2.0's and v6's in I'm happy to try a v6 as a starter). Got told I'd get a call back later that day (sat).

Nothing.

Was passing BMW, popped in to see the same lovely receptionist lady. Asked to book a test drive in an M5. She popped to see sales who advised nobody was available but they'd give me a call back to arrange a time. No problem, when can I expect a call? Today/tomorrow (sat/sun) Mr Dis. Great.

Nothing.

Called a different BMW dealership for an M5, none in right now (sold the last one middle of last week) not expecting any due anytime soon but they've already got my details and will be sure to give me a call when one's available.

Called a local Lexus dealership to try and get an LC500, sorry Mr Dis but we don't have any. I'll check to see if any of our partnership do. Called me back 15 minutes later with none available right now but as soon as one is they'll give me a call and you know what, I believe them.

Have had a couple of pleasant follow up chats with guys from Ford who as I stated earlier just continue to be absolutely spot on.

Will add though that I had my partners car in at Mercedes Newcastle for some work and had quite frankly the best customer service I've ever had. Their service and parts departments are outstanding.

OcUK Staff
So, yet another update to this.

Called Jag. Asked to take an F-Type out (although I know they've only got 2.0's and v6's in I'm happy to try a v6 as a starter). Got told I'd get a call back later that day (sat).

Nothing.

Was passing BMW, popped in to see the same lovely receptionist lady. Asked to book a test drive in an M5. She popped to see sales who advised nobody was available but they'd give me a call back to arrange a time. No problem, when can I expect a call? Today/tomorrow (sat/sun) Mr Dis. Great.

Nothing.

Called a different BMW dealership for an M5, none in right now (sold the last one middle of last week) not expecting any due anytime soon but they've already got my details and will be sure to give me a call when one's available.

Called a local Lexus dealership to try and get an LC500, sorry Mr Dis but we don't have any. I'll check to see if any of our partnership do. Called me back 15 minutes later with none available right now but as soon as one is they'll give me a call and you know what, I believe them.

Have had a couple of pleasant follow up chats with guys from Ford who as I stated earlier just continue to be absolutely spot on.

Plenty of Mustang's available on the market, other cars not so much. Also if you drive a V6 F-Type you may not want one, I found the V6 underwhelming, gotta drive the V8 or nothing. Not sure why your struggling to get test drives, I ask Jaguar for a test drive and they just gave me a V6 and let me drive away in it, so I took it home, took it work, drove it on roads I knew and several hours later took it back. I then wanted to try an SVR and the Jaguar dealership brought the car to my workplace for the test drive, which was accompanied but upon driving the car out the works car park I knew it was the one, the V8 just added so much character and the performance was on a different level, felt like a proper hot rod.

I'd try another Jaguar dealer or try calling again, maybe just the issue of maybe weekend staff.

OcUK Staff
The dealers in question have these cars in stock. They're on their forecourts. It's just a question of very poor customer service.

True but they may potentially be thinking in the mindset of we have plenty of interest in the cars so are not willing to go out their way, I know it sounds bad but some dealerships you have to chase a lot.

I think some judge your level of seriousness by how demanding you are, so if you don't chase they won't chase you as to speak.

Man of Honour
The dealers in question have these cars in stock. They're on their forecourts. It's just a question of very poor customer service.

Or they have wrongly decided you're not a serious buyer. Are you mentioning the other cars you're interested in? If so this may be the issue, they are sufficiently different in price and purpose as to suggest tyre kicking rather than real buying. Now we all know this isn't the case but dealers try to work out whether they want to lend an M5 and whether they think it's likely to lead to a sale.

Caporegime
OP
Or they have wrongly decided you're not a serious buyer. Are you mentioning the other cars you're interested in? If so this may be the issue, they are sufficiently different in price and purpose as to suggest tyre kicking rather than real buying. Now we all know this isn't the case but dealers try to work out whether they want to lend an M5 and whether they think it's likely to lead to a sale.

They have no other information other than I'm interested in the specific car I'm asking for.

Soldato
I had this with https://www.auto100.co.uk/ in December. I had cheque book waiting to buy an XF v6 and they didn't have any time for me at all. Total shambles which sounded like his Mum worked reception with the level of BS excuses they give. I didn't even get to a serious chat, it felt like they had already dismissed me/had better things to do just at the sound of my voice stage.

Ended up buying the E43 instead from Merc Cambridge who were impeccable.

Caporegime
OP
I had this with https://www.auto100.co.uk/ in December. I had cheque book waiting to buy an XF v6 and they didn't have any time for me at all. Total shambles which sounded like his Mum worked reception with the level of BS excuses they give. I didn't even get to a serious chat, it felt like they had already dismissed me/had better things to do just at the sound of my voice stage.

Ended up buying the E43 instead from Merc Cambridge who were impeccable.

Think you won there tbh.

On the downside the Bullitt I enquired about was sold yesterday :(

Back
Top Bottom