Opinions on HP ProLiant ML115 G5

No, but then your better using individual drives for ESX. The network card is also detected out the box rather than needing a separate one for the Ml115

Thats pretty good info. Ill order one of them then and load it up with RAM and HDDs

Thanks Chap.

Andy

No, but then your better using individual drives for ESX. The network card is also detected out the box rather than needing a separate one for the Ml115

Saying that... ESX 3.5 didn't work with my ML110 onboard NIC but was the first release. I've got update 2 downloading at home so i'll try that and report back after work.

I'd get both turn the ML115 into a iSCSI useing RAID5 to store all the VMs on and use the ML110 to use ESX 3.5 on

Hi,

I got recently my ML115. ML110 ware already too expensive. I paid £173 in servers direct – one day before their price rocketed. Luckly they didn’t cancel my order like 3 other shops had done.

Please advise me, if any of those cheapest memory cards will work with my ML115. I want to buy 4gb (2x2gb). I don’t want to (and I can’t afford it frankly).

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/search_results?sortby=priceAsc&search=ComponentsMemoryDDR2%20-%20PC2-6400%204gb

So, what would you recommend, that first of all – will work with ML115 and secondly, offers good value for money.

Purpose for that server - ESX

Thanks,
afrik

I've got 8GB of ECC in mine and its runs fine. Did try none ECC but it didn't work but that may well have been the memory I had...

For info folks, both XenServer 5.0 and VirtualIron SSE 4.2 work really well on the ML110.

on Crucial.com they say that

Q: Does my computer support ECC memory?
A: Yes.

Your system supports ECC. You can put non-ECC modules into an ECC system, but be sure not to mix ECC and non-ECC modules within a system. Install the same type of modules that are already in your system.

http://shop.crucial.com/1/4/14128-hp-compaq-proliant-ml115-server-memory-module.html

well, worth to try, I think. Anyone else with a good ML115 & non-ECC memory experience?

Back
Top Bottom