Opinions on HP ProLiant ML115 G5

Associate
Soldato
Ordering two of these. It appears that I could get an iLO for each and consequently get a rebate for both. Has anyone done this? Is the iLO licensed and linked to your personal details? (would like to sell one of them on perhaps..).

Associate
Associate
Have decided to risk it, but will just have to wait and see :) If I can't get a rebate I'll just send it back ;)

good luck with that..HP can take up to 3 months to send the rebate or tell you that you are not entitled...by then you will have trouble sending it back..but if you get it then u you got more balls then me for sure :)

Soldato
good luck with that..HP can take up to 3 months to send the rebate or tell you that you are not entitled

I work for HP, I'll sort it out ;) The products are bought by my father-in-law for his business, I just wanted an iLO card so I shoved it on :D

Associate
One thing I have noticed on my ML115 G1 regarding the loud startup of the fans is if you switch the mains on first, wait 10 seconds or so till the power light comes on and turns amber "then" turn it on - no noise :)

Soldato
just a quick question for you guys
if I'm gonna get one of these server should I put SBS 2003 on it or wait for SBS 2008
want it for exchange etc, file sharing, printers etc so I'd guess either would do.
I'm ok waiting till nov for 2008 but just want to get your opinoins as would like to use the 64bit platform personally.

Back
Top Bottom