Overwatch

Soldato
Even more nerfs for Brig on PTR

The following changes are planned for a PTR patch that will probably come on Monday.

Brigitte

• Shield Bash
    • Damage reduced from 50 to 5
  • Inspire Passive
    • Cooldown reduced from 1.5s to 1.0s
    • Duration increased from 5s to 6s
    • Total healing increased from 80 to 100
Dev Notes: Reduces Shield Bash’s damage reduces her total stun combo damage potential while still allowing Whip Shot and her basic melee attacks to retain their full strength. Brigitte is a hybrid tank/healer, and lately we’ve been reducing her effectiveness by reducing the power of her non-healing functionality, but we want to make sure she is still a viable pick so we’re increasing the uptime of her Inspire passive to help increase her overall healing output.

WHAT??? 5 damage - no that's not a typo.....

Soldato
on my brig.

You think they might let some of the other nerfs settle in before adding more.

So her damage output is now down like 30%.

They bumped up her inspire healing a touch but that's going to be no use to her now she can't run up and bash through shields to activate the healing.

I think they killed her.

Soldato
Funny old game - Tanked like 150 SR in 6 games.....Got bored of terrible DPS insta lock players.

Dorado map - solo que. I picked torb on attack and defence (no moans from our team at all) and we won the game easy. 17k damage, 35 elims. But what an Ana player we had....ridiculously good. Slept almost every Repear Ult, nano'd our Genji everytime.....They were amazing..... Super impressive and at 2600/2700 range the best I've seen/played with. Account didn't appear to be a smurf (340 hours total on a wide range of characters)

Soldato
Sarcasm? Sorry it just doesn't seem significant... I can lose 6 games in a single session if the matchmaker has decided I need to come crashing down... 60 more wins across 370 games now that would be harder to argue with

Soldato
Losing 6 wouldn't balance it. Losing 12 would. So lets say I was 11 and 11, as I should be if I was 50%, then I won 12 straight. That's not significant? Erm, okay I guess. We disagree.

As I said, yes it's a small sample size, but from what people say, as I move away from 50/50 the game decides I lose and there's nothing I can do.

Soldato
I think I just suck.

Placed just below silver and have dropped to around 1380 (my computer crashed in 2 games so lost a load due to that). Team work seems so much worse in bronze than it was in silver, no one even considers synergies.

Soldato
Team work seems so much worse in bronze than it was in silver, no one even considers synergies.

I can imagine it's pretty rough. I think I would use LFG and be quite picky about who is in the team. If you get the vibe a person isn't going to use comms or work as a team, just boot them. I would think if you can put a co-operating team together at that level, you'll have quite an advantage.

Soldato
^^ I feel your pain... my wife who has always placed into gold and stayed there pretty much all season placed just below 2000 this season and then dropped to about 1800... she said the games were getting worse and worse and she was really struggling to get back to gold or win any games at all (it doesn't help that she plays mostly support - as well as sometime tanks, but tends to be bullied onto support if that's what the team want)... So she asked me to try and climb her account out for her for the competitive points...

It was pretty tough actually... I usually play tank but at those ranks I could DPS and do pretty good in most games if that's what the team needed, but I would still lose a lot of the time just due to having one or two really terrible players or a team that couldn't play their roles or work together in any way. I did manage it eventually but it wasn't easy by any means...

Separately I just placed on the alt account I got with my Humble Bundle subscription... just shy of 2700, which is about 400SR above my main (though prior to the last few seasons my main has almost always been in the 2500 - 3000 range)... It will be interesting to see if I'm able to climb any easier on that account though, will let you know. My main I've managed to crawl my way from 2200 where I placed to about 2350 and will keep trying to get that back into Plat before the end of the season...

Associate
With an new account be wary of pretty wild swings in SR to begin with. I placed my Humble Bundle DPS only account at 2650 and ended up having to play Moira for a game that we had no chance of winning and lost a whopping 75 SR. Next game back at DPS and it was 50 SR for a win.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom