Overwatch

Soldato
Yeah - down for some team work for sure.

I'm between 2500-2700 on a weekly basis at the moment. Mainly support but can Dva/torb fairly well.

Discord is the best place for people to catch up I guess - I've requested one to be made on the OCUK discord channel (used to be one but someone removed it) - I'll post it up.

I'm around most nights where I can

Soldato
Not been on discord for a while, didn't known the overwatch chat had gone. @Mynight should be able to sort a new one for us.

I'll head on tonight if any one is about. Lost 3 in a row last night so need a carry ;)

Soldato
So after having a bad run (with a few disconnects/crashes) and dropping down to about 1300 I'm back up to silver. I think I'm only going to play comp with my friend (who is also in silver) because at least then I know there's at least someone else on the team to who is semi competent. It's a tall ask but I'm gonna gun for gold.

Soldato
New winter update is up now.

Their is a few new skins, I grabbed the lucio and mercy skin.

Kings row looks nice with the Christmas lights and snow.

The new balance changes are live. Surprisingly I actually like the new brigitte, she is very tanky now and it suits the way I play her.

I have been playing a lot over the last 2 nights probably around 50 matches, my rank has pretty much stayed at 2900. I just had a bit of luck this morning though, I had an amazing roadhog on my team so invited him and we won like 5 in a row which put me at 2999. He was really good like 68% hook accuracy on end screen and every hook was a kill.

I have mainly been playing lucio now.

Soldato
2999 :(

So close. I hope you find that 1!

Maybe tomorrow, Im back 2929 now.

Edit: thanks, I had a few more games ended up running into a hanzo player who was 300 points higher than me, he seemed really good so I got him to duo with me. Now im at 3007,

It's really nice having my shiny diamond back. Im happy.

Last edited:
Soldato
Not having a good run at the moment, another two losses last night.

Was playing Moira, had 4 gold medals, 40 elims, gold healing and still couldn't hold onto a win. People still want to play comp like death match chasing kills.

Seem to be losing 50sr after a lose and only gaining Half has much for a win?
Back down to 2250 and the games are getting real ropey.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Not having a good run at the moment, another two losses last night.

Was playing Moira, had 4 gold medals, 40 elims, gold healing and still couldn't hold onto a win. People still want to play comp like death match chasing kills.

Seem to be losing 50sr after a lose and only gaining Half has much for a win?
Back down to 2250.

It's damn frustrating, so many games I'm Moira and I'm gold healing and gold kills. What is everyone doing?!

Soldato
Haha yeah :)

I've been trying to mix it up a bit this season playing healers and tanks. Funny I hatred Moira at first but really enjoying player her at the moment, I even had fun playing the new brig (shudders) :)

Soldato
Yep that's just the way the game works... the match result is essentially out of your hands for the vast majority of games no matter how good (or bad) you play and then the amount of SR you are awarded is unfair as all hell... Last night I won a game which was unusually close and tough (think I'm almost bang on 50% atm) and had really good stats, gained about 35 SR... the next game the other team came out pretty strong and it was looking bad and then one of our team left. So of course we lost pretty horribly and I went down about 45 SR despite still having most of the golds on my team... seems legit

I'm sure if I just grouped up and had better communication or "carried" things would have gone totally differently :rolleyes:

Soldato
It's damn frustrating, so many games I'm Moira and I'm gold healing and gold kills. What is everyone doing?!

If you're healing good and not ranking up then it's because you are teaming with the wrong people.

What I do is solo queue then at the end of the match, if we win, I invite the best dps player to my party and go in as duo. If we win a few in a row I send them a friend request.

I gone up like around 650 points in the last week doing this, currently around 3150.

Back
Top Bottom