Overwatch

Soldato
Losing my mind with people failing to understand how to counter basiton on cart maps.....

3 times today - come up against basiton on cart maps.,.... 3 times hanzo players have stayed hanzo with no Zayra combo.....we then get a widow who switches to paharh against basiton/double shield and mcree

Soldato
Losing my mind with people failing to understand how to counter basiton on cart maps.....

3 times today - come up against basiton on cart maps.,.... 3 times hanzo players have stayed hanzo with no Zayra combo.....we then get a widow who switches to paharh against basiton/double shield and mcree

In that situation you would be better with your lucio than moira.

Just tell everyone when your beat is ready and all dive in at once.

Not a lot more you can do as a healer. It's one of them situations that needs tean work

Soldato
Fortunately ranked at 29xx after my placements and have already pushed into Diamond.

Need to work towards bettering my career high of 33xx.

Exclusively solo queuing and have mostly been playing Ashe. I think she is a pretty versatile DPS with the some great stall ability with BOB.

Stu

Stu

Soldato
Something I learnt with Lucio, you can fire off his ult quicker if you are using speed up (rather than healing) at the same time... that extra half a second can make a big difference. (Imginy has implied this, but I wanted to point out for those that didn't know.)

Soldato
Something I learnt with Lucio, you can fire off his ult quicker if you are using speed up (rather than healing) at the same time... that extra half a second can make a big difference. (Imginy has implied this, but I wanted to point out for those that didn't know.)
That's good to know. The number of times I've gone from full health to dead in the time it normally takes for Lucio to cast his ult. Super frustrating.

Soldato
Not been able to get on much lately, still to do my placements.

Should be around tomorrow evening or the weekend if any one wants to team up.

I feel your pain Bo, I don't bother solo queing any more, if there is no one on line I'll try the lgf or play death match but I usually just play a different game.

Soldato
I know we all go through the pain with this game but last 3/4 days have been horrendous for me.

LFG/solo que - nothing seems to work.

25.5k healing earlier in one game, Me as moira, zen and the two tanks had the top 4 elims....Solider and Pharah had bottom elims (pharah even continued playing into a mcree/zen/widow/ana combo on the other team)

Pretty much at the point of just stopping playing now - dropped back to like 2580 or something - Game is SO dps focused. It's all about the dps players and as support you can not influence the game enough to help pull your team through.

I can't be arsed going back to start learning dps players after this long. Pretty much can play any support/Dva/junk etc.

The only thing I'm really tempted by is Sym. I like her but she's very good on some maps and not on others.

Finding a decent dps is the key but so hard to do.

Soldato
I feel you man, but you'll come back... this digital crack that Blizzard put out is so addictive you'll come crawling back like a battered housewife like we all do...

I was doing good this season as well, placed just into Plat for the first time in quite a few seasons and then over the first week managed to get to almost 2700 which although not totally plain sailing felt like we were winning some fairly tough games... exactly like always happens the game started to make me think that whatever I was trying this time was finally working - "wow people were right, it is possible to climb and maybe it was just my approach all along"

Then since Thursday have lost 16 (yes, not a typo) games in a row... in a row! (and not in one session either, that's across about 4 different sessions) and so now barely about 2400. Not a single one of those 16 games was even remotely what could be considered close - most of the time it felt like the enemy team had been selected by the matchmaker based on their hero stats to give them a perfect comp that would allow them to just naturally play what they were good at and destroy us, whilst we'd have things like 3 people saying "sorry I only know how to play roadhog" and of course hog would be totally useless against whatever they were doing... For the most part there wasn't even any stupid toxicity and bad attitudes, anybody throwing/leaving or any of that usual nonsense that causes losses, which was nice - we were all communicating and making callouts, grouping up, trying not to feed, etc. and still finishing games with team stats like gold elims being 2 or being pushed right back to our spawn for the duration of the match...

Almost can't bring myself to boot the game up anymore... even if it's just variability and I'm about to go on a 15+ run winstreak to balance things out I just don't really care... I don't think I can make myself believe that winning games has anything to do with me, my team or anything anymore other than just that the matchmaker has started putting me against teams that are artificially gimped and destined to lose from the start...

Soldato
I know how you feel, some times it just seems you get a run of poor team mates or far better opponents that make the matches feel unwinnable but you have to factor in you had a good winning streak and naturally the games are going to be more difficult. Especially if its a career high and you're not used to playing at the level.

Obviously this isn't the only factor losing 16 in a row.
Like I said earlier I've pretty much stopped solo queuing comp now. A few seasons ago it was all I was doing and I started to hate the game and in the end I gave up playing it for a few months.
The last two seasons I've been playing with Imginy, Andy, Musty, Bo and It's been so much more enjoyable.

Played a few games with Imginy and Musty last night, we won a few and lost a few but all the games where close and even the ones we lost where good games apart from the last where I played totally rubbish and i'll hold my hands up and say it helped towards our loss.
My point is the game is far for enjoyable playing with a regular team and takes away some of the "blame game" so you can concentrate and correct things you could improve on.

I'm always for teaming up but I normally only play a few games at the weekend now when I can get on.
add me if you want a game.
HattoriHanzo#21836

Soldato
Having close games is what I really want... I'd happily lose all season if every game was close...

I should have said for all of those 16 I was duo-queuing with a friend I play a lot with (enough that we can generally co-ordinate between ourselves even if the team aren't)... It was also far from a career high - up until maybe 2 seasons or so ago I was pretty consistently around 2600 - 2800 with a high of almost 3000, and my Humble Monthly alt account placed at pretty much bang on 2700 as well...

I definitely expect some bad games after a streak of good ones, but this was just absolutely brutal and I can't explain it... I'll add a few of you guys if you like but after my recent luck I'm not sure I'd recommend grouping with me!

Back
Top Bottom