Overwatch

Associate
It is hard work getting to masters but once you get there it is actually pretty easy going for the healers. Masters is mainly the dps players doing all the work. The hardest thing is staying alive, once you learn how to position your self and stay alive it's pretty easy going for a healer.

Hopefully I can climb further and I haven't reached my peak! :D

I totally get what you are saying and i'll remember it for the future. In Gold/Plat i find tanks are way too passive and just stand around in chokes poking. I've been playing Rein really aggressively and get into the enemy faces. I try and make as much space/gain map control as possible which opens door for a pick to help win the team fight. But as you say, playing gold/plat DPS can be lacking or healers don't heal the right targets and you are forced to go get the picks.

Associate
I'll have to start the grind through low gold I think, normally I only do a few after my placements as I find too many people who dont play as a team

The only way to do it is to grind I'm afraid. Keep playing and don't worry about bad team mates or dwell on losses. Just move onto the next game. the bad team mate problem exists at every rank. Good luck and try and have fun!

Stu

Stu

Soldato
Hopefully I can climb further and I haven't reached my peak! :D

I totally get what you are saying and i'll remember it for the future. In Gold/Plat i find tanks are way too passive and just stand around in chokes poking. I've been playing Rein really aggressively and get into the enemy faces. I try and make as much space/gain map control as possible which opens door for a pick to help win the team fight. But as you say, playing gold/plat DPS can be lacking or healers don't heal the right targets and you are forced to go get the picks.

I got told off by @imginy a couple of weeks ago for standing in choke too long when playing Rein, and is a problem in gold... however, I often find in gold that an aggressive Rein push is not well supported by healers, resulting in death... I need to focus on improving this!

Soldato
I got told off by @imginy a couple of weeks ago for standing in choke too long when playing Rein, and is a problem in gold... however, I often find in gold that an aggressive Rein push is not well supported by healers, resulting in death... I need to focus on improving this!

Yeah on attack with rein when you get to the choke just sheild up and dont stop walking forward.

This isn't anything like a crazy agressive push it's about grouping up at a choke then when your team is ready just shield up and walk through.

It's just basic game play really, never stop in the choke.

Associate

Yeah on attack with rein when you get to the choke just sheild up and dont stop walking forward.

This isn't anything like a crazy agressive push it's about grouping up at a choke then when your team is ready just shield up and walk through.

It's just basic game play really, never stop in the choke.

Absolutely! I forgot to mention above that playing Rein with a good Zarya, and/or Brig really allows Rein to do some damage and be very disruptive. D.Va is also useful to matrix you while you drop shield and try and do some damage.

Associate
Absolutely! I forgot to mention above that playing Rein with a good Zarya, and/or Brig really allows Rein to do some damage and be very disruptive. D.Va is also useful to matrix you while you drop shield and try and do some damage.
Throw in zen and lucio and you are describing Goats. With tight coordination between teammates it is a devastatingly powerful comp. It's no wonder it has become meta at very high ranks and the path to pro.

Associate
Throw in zen and lucio and you are describing Goats. With tight coordination between teammates it is a devastatingly powerful comp. It's no wonder it has become meta at very high ranks and the path to pro.

Fortunately in mid to high plat Goats is hardly ever seen and if it is played it's played poorly with little coordination so is easily beaten. I have also played in goats comps and never got it to work with randoms. I've played the "Slambulance" of 4 tanks, Moira and lucio/brig with moderate success. Usually if its 3-3 on a hybrid map or 2-2 on 2 cp where it catches the enemy team by surprise.

Associate
Fortunately in mid to high plat Goats is hardly ever seen and if it is played it's played poorly with little coordination so is easily beaten. I have also played in goats comps and never got it to work with randoms. I've played the "Slambulance" of 4 tanks, Moira and lucio/brig with moderate success. Usually if its 3-3 on a hybrid map or 2-2 on 2 cp where it catches the enemy team by surprise.
I agree. The strength of most team comps is coordination, but this is especially important with goats. When it works it is incredibly fun and satisfying to be a part of but if you have a weak link the whole thing crumbles and you are better off playing something else that works.

Associate
That got me thinking. Imagine being in lower ranks as part of a team that mastered goats. If you 6 stacked you could roll your way through the ranks with ease. Even without mechanical skill, with decent coordination and communication the comp isn't about clicking heads.

Of course it wouldn't work in every scenario, but if you get the working together aspect down its going to destroy the vast majority of pugs.

Associate
sniff sniff - from nearly hitting diamond this season to 2590 - it's been horrible.....

Feelsbadman. I know how you feel, I have been there myself. You will bounce back.

That got me thinking. Imagine being in lower ranks as part of a team that mastered goats. If you 6 stacked you could roll your way through the ranks with ease. Even without mechanical skill, with decent coordination and communication the comp isn't about clicking heads.

Of course it wouldn't work in every scenario, but if you get the working together aspect down its going to destroy the vast majority of pugs.

I bet that team wouldn't be in lower ranks for long if they worked well together. I actually came up against a 6 stack (Their SR was averaging high plat) in QP playing Goats last Monday. After the usual anti-goats banter in chat the 6 stack said they were practicing for a tournament this weekend. Thing was they didn't play a Brig (Rein, Zarya, DVa, Lucio, Ana, Zen). They played very defensively weren't very coordinated and the only reason they won was that they just out healed the DPS every team fight. In my view they weren't playing Goats at all. Actually puling off these high level metas is pretty difficult.

Back
Top Bottom