Overwatch

Soldato
Yeah 95% of the plays of the game are either Bastion hiding in a corner shooting people or ulting and shooting people.

I managed to pull off a Play Of The Game as Lucio, but I had to go full offence to do it. With Torbjron it's easy. The algorithm seems heavily biased towards heroes that can get a quick succession of kills, which turret classes excel at. I know it's harder to evaluate the contribution from support or utility classes, but it's pretty lazy design to just measure multi kills.

Soldato
Had an awesome game on the greek map as Lucio just sound-blasting people off the map :D So funny especially when they've just popped their ult - "Seeya later sucker!!!"

Associate
Really?

Sniper - 1 shot kill
Hanzo - 1 shot kill
Bastion hiding in the corner - dead in under a second
Tracer 3 blinks towards you and half a clip and you're dead.

There's just so much instakill stuff that you can't react to. It's spammy as hell.

The maps seem open but have so many ridiculous choke points that the enemy can just turtle behind. It promotes ridiculously campy gameplay (with the exception of tracers which you will just die to constantly)

Kinda agree with this, been playing extensively last few days and this seems to be happening more and more.

Let's hope this is not the final "release" build.

Soldato
Played a few hours and uninstalled. Too 'cartoonish' for me. Feels like a game for kids (that's probably a bit unfair but best way I could describe my feelings for it) In fairness though it's not my usual type of game, just wanted to see what all the fuss was about! Think you need to be a fan of this type of game (visually)

It does look good and runs well just the manga/anime/FFesque look to it ain't for me.

Soldato
Runs great and i find it really fun, only played a little but it feels a bit like TF2 but with lots of extra chars to choose from.

Im rubbish at FPS games nowadays but its still fun playing with mates.

Associate
Yeah 95% of the plays of the game are either Bastion hiding in a corner shooting people or ulting and shooting people.

I managed to get play of the game playing mercy (I revived about 4-5 people at once) I think that's pretty much the only way for a healer to get it as has been said it's all based on quick kills.

I am however really enjoying this game at the moment and knowing it's open beta I know the way the player base is right now isn't how it will be.

Edit: hopefully!

Last edited:
Associate
I'm having a real blast. All I ever play nowadays is Killing Floor 2 for a few rounds to be honest, as I've kind of lost my gaming spark. But I'm having a lot of fun with this, and it runs half decently on my ancient Q6600, 4GB RAM and 460, albeit on lowest settings.

Associate
Really?

Sniper - 1 shot kill
Hanzo - 1 shot kill
Bastion hiding in the corner - dead in under a second
Tracer 3 blinks towards you and half a clip and you're dead.

There's just so much instakill stuff that you can't react to. It's spammy as hell.

The maps seem open but have so many ridiculous choke points that the enemy can just turtle behind. It promotes ridiculously campy gameplay (with the exception of tracers which you will just die to constantly)

I have found that any of the characters (when played right) can take a shed load of damage and deal it out too. If you get one shotted you need to change your tactics up.

Back
Top Bottom