Paris Olympics 2024

I'm sure this has already been mentioned, but what's up with the BBC coverage? It's been too notch in the past, but it's positively rubbish for these games - barely covering UK athletes, not showing all events, and cutting out mid event to go to a different event.

Am I going mad, or has it dropped off a cliff? I've stopped watching anything now because I just can't get past the poor coverage.

Yeah, 2012 felt like a gold standard in broadcasting cause we could just tap the red button and have it all

Now I have to jump between BBC and Eurosport 1/2

I'm sure this has already been mentioned, but what's up with the BBC coverage? It's been too notch in the past, but it's positively rubbish for these games - barely covering UK athletes, not showing all events, and cutting out mid event to go to a different event.

Am I going mad, or has it dropped off a cliff? I've stopped watching anything now because I just can't get past the poor coverage.

Outcompeted for most events by Discovery.

Reactions: SPG

It's down to this:

The BBC was lucky to get anything. Warner Bros bought all the rights to the Olympics TV and it's only shown on the BBC because the Olympics are a protected TV sport so WB have to give the terrestrial channels something

I don't even know what that is... Assuming it's yet another subscription service. Ah well, no more Olympics for me then.
Discovery can be free via certain things. Its in some sky packages and mine is free via my TNT sub which I get via a add on through phone.

I'm keen to watch the womans boxing at 14:30. Will the BBC be showing this anywhere? I agree the coverage has been horrific.

Back
Top Bottom