Paris Olympics 2024

I'm keen to watch the womans boxing at 14:30. Will the BBC be showing this anywhere? I agree the coverage has been horrific.
Looks like they have show jumping on BBC 1 and iplayer. other live event currently on iplayer is 3x3 basketball and day 7 live so that might have various things on.

Canoe Slalom Cross is coming up in a few minutes.

EDIT: hmm, doesn't appear to be the event when all four go at once. They just seem to be doing a time trial first to determine start positions.

Last edited:
The showjumping is great. Extra excitement because of the pressure of avoiding time penalties. Course has to be completed in or under 79 seconds. Team GB currently in gold position.

I'm keen to watch the womans boxing at 14:30. Will the BBC be showing this anywhere? I agree the coverage has been horrific.
Some boxing just starting on bbc extra.

Crazy end to womens skiff sailing, Dutch leading all race but then thought they had passed finish line, when they hadn't and scrambled after realising. Fortunately, they still just won gold, from the Swedes who won the medal race!

Last edited:
Kayaking has literally 0 people in the stands watching. May be just me but does seem to be way less people spectating than at previous Olympics.

Nice to see we've shot up the medal table. :D
Many thanks to all the sitting down events for that. ;)

Oh, and for the love of all that is sane presenters and commentators, stop using the word medalled! Hearing them say 'He medalled in Tokyo and he's going to medal in Paris" just sounds like you're talking about some international sex pest!

Last edited:
Kayaking has literally 0 people in the stands watching. May be just me but does seem to be way less people spectating than at previous Olympics.

It's boring this time trial bit. Just sorting the competitors for the seedings. The competition starts again tomorrow it seems.

Was watching the 50m rifle target shoot and all the competitors were all wearing leather gimp suits like they were about to ride the moto GP. Anyone know what that’s about?

Edit: Apparently the suits are supposed to help support the rifle and minimise body movement.

Last edited:
Judo is such a slow sport.
I used to be at quite a decent level at Judo but never have the inclination to watch it. Not the most spectator friendly sport but it is so technical and very hard work.

EDIT

Just realised it was 30 years ago when I was at my best, where did the time go!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom