Paris Olympics 2024

It's the Olympics. Look at Hodgkinson, she's out to win gold as was not happy with silver in previous races.

This was the reigning Olympic Champion who didn't seem bothered.
When you win every heat and then have a single shot in the medal race, I guess you have to have a happy go lucky attitude, anything could happen in a single ~35sec race.

When you win every heat and then have a single shot in the medal race, I guess you have to have a happy go lucky attitude, anything could happen in a single ~35sec race.
True.

I may have just been grumpy because I was eating at the same time.

She has a gold and was in the final this time round after bossing the heats. I just have a bit of food on my top.

Fair play.

Dam gutted for Beth she was dominating so much throughout, I think BMX should be a few laps ;)
That's why I had a grump on, I was more gutted for her than she seemed to be.

She steamrolled her way to that final, damn shame the one bad run was the main event.

Just hope Kye gets back up and about ok. Bad crash for someone who already had back pain.

Last edited:
Beth was boxed in, real shame as she just walked the heats!! Even though she came last she was undoubtedly the best rider by some margin, **** happens…

Find it odd all the previous rounds are averaged over multiple runs then he final is a one shot job. Thought her post ride interview was great.
If you want to see a great interview, hunt down Sakakibara's. I would link but there's a couple of f bombs (appropriate f bombs).

A hell of a story she and her brother have.

A very deserving winner.

E: In short (that doesn't do it justice).
Her and her brother raced together since kids, he had an accident racing in 2020 and had to relearn to walk and talk again after being in a coma.
In Tokyo she was clipped and was knocked unconscious so, understandably after what happened to her brother, quit the sport.
She came back and won last night.

Absolute guts of the girl is awesome.

Last edited:
If you want to see a great interview, hunt down Sakakibara's. I would link but there's a couple of f bombs (appropriate f bombs).

A hell of a story she and her brother have.

A very deserving winner.

E: In short (that doesn't do it justice).
Her and her brother raced together since kids, he had an accident racing in 2020 and had to relearn to walk and talk again after being in a coma.
In Tokyo she was clipped and was knocked unconscious so, understandably after what happened to her brother, quit the sport.
She came back and won last night.

Absolute guts of the girl is awesome.
I hadn’t heard that bit of back story, it really is a bonkers event the speed and the intensity is so high. I still think the final should be averaged across three runs to make it a better contest.

Find it odd all the previous rounds are averaged over multiple runs then he final is a one shot job. Thought her post ride interview was great.
It's a particularly unforgiving sport to have a single race final, prone to favourites missing out.

I really like her attitude, sometimes things don't go your way, enjoy the experience anyway. It is just sport at the end of the day.

Seems incredibly harsh to be given the boot from a single false start. Surely you should have warning and boot on second offence, even if it follows you through for the entire competition.

Back
Top Bottom