Paris Olympics 2024

I wonder with the High Jump/Pole Vaulters what do they jump in training, bet Duplantis has cleared that in training before surely you'd have a go just to see if you could do it? He has probably done 6.30 I reckon.

Last edited:
Any ideas where one would look to buy one of those Netherlands Track tops they wore for the 4x400 mixed relay medal ceremony?

France were heading out 1-0 down in the football but Matetas equalised against Egypt so looks to be heading to extra time.
Almost got a dodgy penalty in stoppage time too, very brave decision by the referee, especially after going to the VAR screen as most of the time ref's change their original decision after seeing it on the screen! Definitely wasn't a penalty so correct decision.

My earliest Olympic memory - bit slower back in 1980.
Moscow 1980 was a very surprise win for Wells helped by the americans boycotting the olympics that year Maggie said we shouldn't go as well our olympics committee said bugger off we're going and that was that

5% faster in 44 years. It seems quite a small improvement in some ways but perhaps puts in perspective how tough it is to be in the top 8. Wells was in the amateur era and had a pb of 10.11 which is pretty impressive given that he was prob running in Dunlop green flash and never used starting blocks until the Olympics in 1980.
I remember when Carl Lewis was I think the first to run under 10 seconds 9.97 I think it was that was a big deal at the time even more so when Ben Jonson ran under that but was proved to be taking drugs so got disqualified and sent home in disgrace doping seems to be much less of a thing than it used to be either that or detection has gotten much harder.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom