1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Parvum BattleBox Build

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by joelk2, Oct 28, 2013.

1. joelk2

Mobster

so the story is, I entered a competition on facebook to win a case and in a stroke of luck i actually won.

the case in question is...

[​IMG]

here is a build from the place i won it from.

[​IMG]

it came at a nice time really as i have been overhauling my rig over the past week (as its my birthday on wednesday)

this is the journey i have taken so far.

my old specs were.

I3-3220 CPU
    AsRock B75M motherboard
    Samsung Green 8GB ram
    Gigabyte 2GB 7850 gpu
    Corsair 430w psu
    WD 250gb HDD - already had
    Xigmatek Asgard Pro case

Logitech G400
    Perixx PX-1000 keyboard
    Benq GL2450E monitor.

I built this in march this year as a very budget build to get me into PC gaming after being a console guy for many years (PS1 days)

i was thoroughly impressed with how well my rig handled games. being able to max out even recent games (grid 2, F1 2013, Blops 2) all without dropping below 60FPS.

The peripherals changed slightly after the gadget show when i picked up a CM Quickfire Rapid mech keyboard, which i might add is such a joy to use.

so moving on a bit and the release of the BF4 beta i realized my rig wasn't capable at playing this and keeping a decent FPS even at medium settings.

so as its my birthday on Wednesday the 30th the wife agreed to give me some cash towards a new case (i wanted the Parvum S1.0) but after some time thinking i thought it was better to spend the money on the parts inside the case instead.

so with the money she was giving me coupled with a nice work bonus and selling some of the old components I swiftly visited the ocuk site and placed an order (it was actually a few orders at a few different times)

i ordered

4670k cpu
    Gigabyte GA-Z87M-D3H motherboard
    CM Hyer Evo 212 cooler
    Antec 620M psu
    Samsung 840 120gb SSD
    2 Corsair AF120 quiet fans
    MX4 thermal paste.

so friday the 25th comes and me n the wife go out for a meal for a friends birthday and i come back home to an email from a chap called Andy who lets me know that i have won this case.

he is giving me a call today and arranging for the case to be sent to me.

anyways, it was here on this very forum that i first heard of the parvum guys and the work they have done and as i wanted one of the cases i was super excited to find out id won one. in honour of this i thought i would make a build log of my little journey into the new case.

i am going to place aonother order now for a few 80mm fans and some black bitfenix extensions.

the only issue i now have is that the case is very Nvidia friendly (being one of their limited edition battleboxes) and im running an AMD gpu.

2. davido_labido

Mobster

oooou, another parvum build! i was going to enter this comp myself, it looks an awesome case!

your gonna have to swap your GPU though, cant run red when your case is that green lol ;)

3. joelk2

Mobster

i know but ive spent all my upgrade cash already. i was planning on a new GPU next year (hoping mantle will breathe some life into my card for the time being)

Nvidia cards are so much money :(

i have tweeted Nvidia in the hope they could help me out with something and they wouldnt want to see one of their lovely battleboxes with an AMD in it :devil:

i have replied to your email btw. :D

4. Hukkel

Hitman

I was thinking the same.
    You have an Nvidia case and put in an AMD gfx card.
    That is blasphemy! :p

5. joelk2

Mobster

it is indeed. :D

maybe one day.

6. Fulax

Soldato

Maybe you could just write 'SUCKS!' under the Nvidia/BattleBox logo? Then an AMD card would fit the case. Sorted.

7. joelk2

Mobster

haha. the opposite side of the case to the window has a huge nvidia logo. (that part will be against a wall though)

8. joelk2

Mobster

so after a nice phonecall with Andy from the place i won the case it turned out that i had some options on the case.

Colour, Window or not, Power button colour/light colour, slot drive opening.

in light of this i went with (what my original parvum colour choice whould have been)

Black & White, Black vandal switch with a white light, windowed & no slot drive opening.

ive been sent a render with my colour choices :)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 28, 2013
  9. AndyOcUK

Mobster

Awesome!

10. joelk2

Mobster

:D ;)

11. Something Else

Mobster

Good job for you Nvidia recently dropped their pricing with ocuk ;)

12. joelk2

Mobster

ive seen that, its like it was meant to be.

13. Psypher5

Sgarrista

good news on the options available :D Greens a bit full on imo, love the black and white though.

14. joelk2

Mobster

well as put by Andy himself, alot of rigs nowadays are used in living rooms so green doesnt always match the other equipment.

mine is going in the office but i have a very black and white colour scheme. white walls, black desk, black shelves.

white and black is more "me"

its gunna be a slow week i can see it now.

15. mx0range

Gangster

hehehehehahhahaha.. sorry i just find it very amusing that the winner of that case is on a competitor forum :D

16. joelk2

Mobster

Is one not allowed to be a member of multiple forums?

17. mx0range

Gangster

1 is , and many are ;)

18. Rainagul

Wise Guy

Thought about entering this competition, but decided it would be a little greedy.

Looking forward to see how this turns out!

19. Hyburnate

Capodecina

Very nice win.

20. JOSH

Sgarrista

Lovely Case, congratualtions!