Parvum BattleBox Build

Soldato
OP
A nice build, bet you are dead chuffed with it :)

am super chuffed with it. new GPU is on the list but im going to wait for mantle before i make the decision to switch.

Thankyou again to Coolermaster

top cover has been received.

but on the weekend my keyboard stopped working :(

contacted coolermaster (bearing in mind i havent a receipt and the keyboard is over a year old) and they are sending me a new one FOC. result.

top quality CS from them.

Soldato
More! More! ;) :D

Great sleeving, yours and davido's! Did some myself last weekend and it's a nightmare to get it looking good - I messed up the lengths on my PCI-E power cable braid so I had uneven ends... It seems wires used are not a standard length, or all the same! :o :( Have ordered more braid so if I have spare (after everything else) I'll redo them... Did you fit the wire into braid and then cut to length? Cut mine with wire externally... Not a good choice!

I don't think sleeving the USB3 connection is going to be possible unless the connection to the front panel is a header rather than soldered... Mine is soldered and there's far too many pins to consider unsoldering, braiding and then resoldering! At least your board has the connection at the bottom, my ROG Max IV has it by the CPU! What were they thinking?! :eek: :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
More! More! ;) :D

Great sleeving, yours and davido's! Did some myself last weekend and it's a nightmare to get it looking good - I messed up the lengths on my PCI-E power cable braid so I had uneven ends... It seems wires used are not a standard length, or all the same! :o :( Have ordered more braid so if I have spare (after everything else) I'll redo them... Did you fit the wire into braid and then cut to length? Cut mine with wire externally... Not a good choice!

I don't think sleeving the USB3 connection is going to be possible unless the connection to the front panel is a header rather than soldered... Mine is soldered and there's far too many pins to consider unsoldering, braiding and then resoldering! At least your board has the connection at the bottom, my ROG Max IV has it by the CPU! What were they thinking?! :eek: :rolleyes:

thanks. its deffo worth having a go at.
i put the sleeve on, stretched to the required length, made a tiny cut, slid it back off a bit and cut it again. i found this method was the most accurate.

i did a fe but measuring it up, stretching it and cutting to the length but it didnt always stretch back to that length when i had stretched it to get over a connector etc.

the more stuff isnt greatly exciting, more of a visual thing than anything else.

as i got a few more things lined up i might wait to do the pictures once ive done those bits too (with postage it means it wouldnt be til after christmas)

thats an odd place to put it yeah.

i very rarely use the front usb so could disconnect if i wanted.

Soldato
if your going shrinkless or not how you do the sleeving.

Do them externally for both though...

Heatshrinkless : put the sleeve right up to the 2 little prongs on the end of one of the pins (the 2 that stick straight up) then without stretching the sleeve, go to where the wire ends on the other end just after the birds grip on the pin.

Once you have the sleeve over the wire, it should then be in the correct place.

If your using visible heatshrink, then it's pretty much the same but you use the 2 first grips as your starting guide ;)

Or, give me a trust message and Il sort you out ;)

Back
Top Bottom