• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Pascal Titan-X Launch

Far too hot for gaming at the moment as well
I've heard a few people say this.

Do y'all just run your GPU's heavily overclocked all year and accept nothing less?

I've got a room upstairs in this flat and it gets quite hot, but I just run stock clocks and it's absolutely fine. CPU temps also just fine, though I've always run a conservative CPU OC(4.2Ghz on my 3570k when I know full well it can do 4.4-4.5Ghz if I push it).

My PS4 on the other hand.....lol. Thing does not like the heat. Still runs ok, doesn't seem to be any issues, haven't felt the system get scary hot or anything, the fan just runs loudly more consistently, but it can run loud even in the winter.

Already at 14 pages...

And this thread is absolutely packed with real information and intelligent discussion about the card in the thread title.

Not! :D

Do y'all just run your GPU's heavily overclocked all year and accept nothing less?

I've got a room upstairs in this flat and it gets quite hot, but I just run stock clocks and it's absolutely fine. CPU temps also just fine, though I've always run a conservative CPU OC(4.2Ghz on my 3570k when I know full well it can do 4.4-4.5Ghz if I push it).

My PS4 on the other hand.....lol. Thing does not like the heat. Still runs ok, doesn't seem to be any issues, haven't felt the system get scary hot or anything, the fan just runs loudly more consistently, but it can run loud even in the winter.

I think they mean it's too hot to sit inside gaming when you could be sat outside a pub/BBQ'ing/Real Life Stuff.

We only get a few nice days a year, I'll be damned if I'm spending them in a dark room gaming :rolleyes:

Whoosh parrot mate.

He was referring to fact that :

A) public places are full of scantily clad ladies
B) corona tastes good for the first time in 10 months
C) annoying people (friends, family etc.) keep pestering you

Not referring at all to state of 6700k oc at 4.9ghz and 1.45v but now you come to mention it this PC does keep crashi

I think they mean it's too hot to sit inside gaming when you could be sat outside a pub/BBQ'ing/Real Life Stuff.

We only get a few nice days a year, I'll be damned if I'm spending them in a dark room gaming :rolleyes:
No need to roll your eyes man.

Anyways, I get what you're saying, but usually when people say it's 'too hot' here in the UK, they dont usually mean it in a 'the weather is nice' kinda way. It's a complaint. And I know very well that other people I've heard talk about it being too hot for gaming did mean it in 'hardware doesn't like it' kind of way, even if Gregster didn't mean it like that(though it'd be nice to hear him actually answer for himself instead of everybody else assuming what he meant by it)...

Off-topic - I find it funny what people consider 'hot' here. A properly hot day to me where I grew up was 35-40C with 60-70%+ humidity. That said, we also had AC everywhere and I lived near the beach, so it was pretty easy to cope with it. Buses and the tube here are pretty miserable even on mere warm days.

Last edited:
No need to roll your eyes man.

Anyways, I get what you're saying, but usually when people say it's 'too hot' here in the UK, they dont usually mean it in a 'the weather is nice' kinda way. It's a complaint. And I know very well that other people I've heard talk about it being too hot for gaming did mean it in 'hardware doesn't like it' kind of way, even if Gregster didn't mean it like that(though it'd be nice to hear him actually answer for himself instead of everybody else assuming what he meant by it)...

please, anything over 18 degrees is a heat wave in UK ...

please, anything over 18 degrees is a heat wave in UK ...
Ha, yea. See my edit.

Funny though cuz I still see people out wearing pants(clearly off work) or long sleeve shirts or even JACKETS. Like, I'm out in t-shirt, shorts and flipflops whenever possible when it's even moderately warm outside. People seem to want to torture themselves. lol

Nah, for me my hands are all clammy, I am sweating more than a cheap ☆☆☆☆☆ and I just don't really enjoy it, so prefer to catch up on a few films or chill in the garden with a couple of beers. I tried to play ED on my Rift Tuesday evening but the lenses were steaming up lol

Yields and power (performance per watt). Disabling part of the chip increases yields and likely increases the performance per watt slightly.

The P100 tesla chip is for supercomputers and deep learning. This requires many many chips, and also performance per watt is largely more important than performance per individual chip. Since they'll be using so many of them together.

Thank you, that makes sense, so when they release the gaming version, they disable the FP64 side of it or part of it, effectively which should increase the yields, so it works both ways the i guess?

Back
Top Bottom