• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Pascal Titan-X Launch

The Titan brand is an ongoing farce. Nothing but Halo products. The ti product if it ever arrives is what we're really interested in, but I'll echo what others are saying - if the clock speeds are right, it's hard to see these being more than 20-25% faster than 1080.

Got a 1080, think i'll skip this and wait for the Ti which I'm guessing we'll see November time if past releases are anything to go buy and it'll be 3/4% slower and cost less.
1080 £620
Titan £1100
Ti £800?

Come on you know the current exchange rate, the Titan will be £1200-£1300 in the UK.

And considering how well the 980ti sold, Nvidia wont miss a trick to rake the prices higher on the 1080ti, you only need to look at how high the current crop of 10XX cards are to realise NVidia will push the boundaries even further with their top tier.

Bend over and prepare to be loved ;)

Why is this whole thread about money? This card is obviously for people who don't care about cash and want the best card.

Also many of us correctly predicted this price back at the 1080 launch.

oh c'mon, we needed yet another thread to have the same discussion.

Some are still missing the message that people buy whatever the heck they want with their own money regardless of a few who think they are entitled to judge.

Good luck judging, no one cares :)

I expect the full uncut GP102 die to be 3840 SP Cuda cores. Making it a 6GPC part. They have more than likely cut it down for yield reasons as the part is probably around 450-500mm^2 when using the same density as GP104/106 etc.

This will more than likely be the same design as GP104 and 106 with it lacking all of the DP cuda cores, so it should be a smaller part compared to GP100. But that dependson how dense they make it, since GP100 is a denser design compared to GP104 and GP106.

So to get the specs of this part just consider it a 6 GPC design and lookup what is contained per GPC on a GP104 or GP106 etc.

Can people please stop putting their £800+ price tag expectations on the Ti?

If everyone thinks that's the norm, Nvidia really will put it up for as much if they think they can get away with it. Disgusting if they do as that puts them in the original Titan price bracket.

Can people please stop putting their £800+ price tag expectations on the Ti?

If everyone thinks that's the norm, Nvidia really will put it up for as much if they think they can get away with it. Disgusting if they do as that puts them in the original Titan price bracket.
How much do you expect it go for? It will be around £800 minimum and people will buy.

Remember the 980 Ti and Titan X had a lower clock count than the 980 if I remember correctly? yet if you manually overclock you could hit the same speeds around 1450mhz? unless I've imagined it, isn't the full core count 3840? if that's the case just like Kepler, we not getting a fully fledged chip, I hate to admit it but that could be a 1080 Ti as a major backup for Nvidia to get that extra 10% performance just like 780 Ti.

Still I feel sorry for 1080 owners even if they weren't prepared to spend so much on Titan X but their new 650+ card has only been the king for 2 months... ouch

The Titan brand is an ongoing farce. Nothing but Halo products. The ti product if it ever arrives is what we're really interested in, but I'll echo what others are saying - if the clock speeds are right, it's hard to see these being more than 20-25% faster than 1080.
Nvidia have a habit of stating very conservative clocks. GTX1070 says base clock of 1500Mhz, yet it easily runs up to 2Ghz even on the reference cooler.

I think this card will probably run much quicker than the on-the-box clocks suggest.

And I'd be surprised to see anything less than a 30-35% improvement over the 1080. Could easily be more like 40% given the other specs.

What's with so many people always underestimating Nvidia cards before release?

Got a 1080, think i'll skip this and wait for the Ti which I'm guessing we'll see November time if past releases are anything to go by and it'll be 3/4% slower and cost less.
1080 £620
Titan £1100
Ti £800?

I really hope I'm wrong but i have a feeling this is the 1080ti, branded as a Titan which has been released 1st to maximize profits as theres plenty of demand for more power. As it does seem they will release the full fat titan later probably when Vega hits. Makes perfect business sense this way round, rather than 980ti eating in to Titan x sales. If it can do Witcher 3 at 4k Ultra @ 60fps i would probably get one.

Back
Top Bottom